Code of Conduct

Default neroli portofino

fresh... in a good way,,, delicious. . . not feminine... when it dries on my shirt... after taking it off, shirt smells like woolite I conclude that neroli is a prominent component of the smell of woolite... but wearing the scent is not terribly woolite like, thankfully. it's not at all really, somehow... it smells very natural and an attractive bouquet.

I've really enjoyed this for the summer... a hidden gem in the tom ford line... warm/cool woody (?) neroli, they said it has amber and vanilla at the store... I don't know... it's just so wearable and sucha nice change for me who wouldnt' wear neroli

now I want to go try others I dismissed like the creed, C&S... cause I didn't think neroli was a note I would wear, being too femme... I love it.
    Last edited by perfumeboss; 22nd September 2008 at 08:51 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: neroli portofino

The Czech & Speake is just as good, if not better, than Tom Ford's. Please try it.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

ok well since you're so polite about it, try it I shall!

Perfumeboss,

So glad you came to love the neroli. Orange blossom, according to the way it is used and what it is combined with, can come across as feminine, unisex or masculine. Personally, neroli-based eau de colognes are among my favorite fragrances. I find that those fragrances that combine a healthy dose of petitgrain with the neroli are apt to read more "unisex" leaning towards masculine. The petitgrain makes the blend greener and downplays the headiness that neroli can exhibit. Neroli is kind of a euphoric thing for me - it just makes me happy(er) to smell it.

Now about the Neroli Portofino - how was the longevity, and how many splashes/sprays made up a typical dose for you? Any surprising notes coming out in the heart and base? NP was one of the Tom Ford Exclusives that I teetered dangerously towards buying - c'mon, push me over the edge.

longevity and projection are ok, but I will PM you with secret tip to dramatically increasing the sillage

Please share this tip with me too. I get good longevity with neroli portofino but I'd like to know how to make it last even longer

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    Now about the Neroli Portofino - how was the longevity, and how many splashes/sprays made up a typical dose for you? Any surprising notes coming out in the heart and base? NP was one of the Tom Ford Exclusives that I teetered dangerously towards buying - c'mon, push me over the edge.
    I don't need to overapply NP to get it to last. 3-4 sprays is fine, and more won't get cloying but are entirely unnecessary.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle