Code of Conduct

Exclamation Question from an UTTER neophyte

I am 21 and have only recently started taking care and attention to my overall presentation. Lately I purchased 1.5 ml vials of about a dozen CREED fragrances. I imagine it depends on which, but how can I know if I've applied too little or too much of a given fragrance?
    Thanks

Default Re: Question from an UTTER neophyte

People look at you weird, it gives you a headache, you feel as though you've applied too much, etc.
    Last edited by genvy5; 29th September 2008 at 12:38 AM.

I'm sure you'll get various responses. A lot of people start off in fragrance wanting to make a big impression. "Sillage" is a concern to many.
    My own take is -- first of all, try to please yourself. Learn what scent you like and dislike, and what you find noteworthy regardless.
    So, bottom line here (from my perspective): start light, small. Just put a little on your wrist, 1-2 drops. See if you like it. Some days, with a new frag, I don't go beyond that. I see how it develops. If you LOVE it, then put a little behind your ears and in the adam's apple area.
    But I'd avoid a major "cloud of fury" blitz at any time, unless it is an uber-light lemony cologne splash that has a short life anyway.
    Go for subtlety.
    But hey, that's just my perspective. It is always easier to apply more, it is tedious to scrub off.
    Cheers,
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

When I apply too much of something I actually find myself sweating.... it's as though my pores are clogged. If you catch whiffs of yourself, you're ok. If you're enveloped in a fog of what you've applied, it's probably too much. Watch out with some of those Creeds, they can be strong.

If it's a sample vial, I like to apply four dabs around the chest area, some just above the shirt and some just below. If it's a spray, I usually start with one below the shirt and one just above it. If that's too little, you can always add more twenty minutes later, or whatever works for you.

Use one third to a half of these sample vials for a day's wearing. That should be fine and tell you if the juice stays well on your skin or not. You'll be able to see if more or less is necessary for your skin and activity as well.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    When I apply too much of something I actually find myself sweating.... it's as though my pores are clogged. If you catch whiffs of yourself, you're ok. If you're enveloped in a fog of what you've applied, it's probably too much. Watch out with some of those Creeds, they can be strong.
    Agree. Especially if the fragrance is a sillage monster.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

There are other factors to consider as well when using any fragrance such as the perfume strength and your own bodily functions. I sweat constantly, regardless of the seasons or temperature. I sometimes wear a little extra when I want to make the scent last all day.

For those samples, I would stick to using them as testers. Wear them on your wrists until you can grasp the scents fluctuations in strength and sillage (which is how much the scent trails you when you walk). You will use them up quickly so maybe find the one that suits you the best after testing them all out and buy a 1oz bottle to get you started. Creed is expensive stuff though so you may want to think about a less pricey company to begin with.