Code of Conduct

Default Advice for 24 y/o Mad Man

Hey all. So I just got a job at an advertising firm over in Germany. Dream job, really. So I kinda wanna go in and impress, and not just with my work, wit, and charm. Make some ladies run toward me like I was a magnet, you know the drill.

Here's what I've got in my "arsenal" right now:

Salvatore Ferragamo PH
    Ormonde Man
    Lacoste (the old one...1st sporty fragrance, if i remember correctly)
    Gucci PH
    ADP (running out of that...eek)
    Vetiver Extraordinaire
    various samples from Malle, etc.

So help me out. You've all done good by me in the past, and i'm anxious to hear the advice this time too. I'm not necessarily looking for anything in particular, I think from the list above you can get an idea of what I like. Thanks a bunch everyone!

Default Re: Advice for 24 y/o Mad Man

Honestly, when I was a newbie, and still am, I went to the "reviews" section on BN and tried every fragrance on the top 15 (with an exception of a few) and picked up the ones I liked. Here is the thing dude, we can give you all kinds of suggestions but start there and you are bound to find something, but the key is, as it always has been, try a lot of scents on and don't blind buy; do what you can to get out there and sample, sample, sample, because we, as well as you, have no idea how any particular scent will react on your skin. Hope this helps. Also, keep in mind, your actions smell louder than you cologne or something like that. LOL.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 23rd September 2008 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexChesbro View Post
    Hey all. So I just got a job at an advertising firm over in Germany. Dream job, really. So I kinda wanna go in and impress, and not just with my work, wit, and charm. Make some ladies run toward me like I was a magnet, you know the drill.

Here's what I've got in my "arsenal" right now:

Salvatore Ferragamo PH
    Ormonde Man
    Lacoste (the old one...1st sporty fragrance, if i remember correctly)
    Gucci PH
    ADP (running out of that...eek)
    Vetiver Extraordinaire
    various samples from Malle, etc.

So help me out. You've all done good by me in the past, and i'm anxious to hear the advice this time too. I'm not necessarily looking for anything in particular, I think from the list above you can get an idea of what I like. Thanks a bunch everyone!
    What are your thoughts on the fragrances that you already own? How is Lacoste original? I saw it at a discount store and was not sure about it despite it getting fantastic reviews. Some had said that it smells like Pinesol which did not sit with me well. I like the fragrances in my collection very much except maybe Cool Water Game which doesn't appeal to me all that much. I should get Rochas Lui in the mail in the next couple of days and see if the praise is deserved. Anyway, I suggest Versace Black Jeans as a top choice. The reviews speak for themselves.
    Last edited by Ronin; 23rd September 2008 at 08:48 AM.

Black Orchid would make you stand out so much! I just received my bottle this morning and I sprayed it on my wrist. It's kinda filled the whole room ! It's such a unique smell; chocolate and fresh fruit!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Try Hermes Equipage and Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme.
    Last edited by Carlos; 29th September 2008 at 04:05 AM.
    "When he shook hands with me my nostrils were assailed by all the perfumes of Arabia."
    - W. Somerset Maugham

It is true that your actions will most certainly be more affective in gaining approval in your workplace and with any females you may encounter, but it does not hurt to smell decent in the process. If you like all those that you mentioned then I may have some more suggestions but make sure you test before you buy.

I would look at:
    ADP Colonia Assoulta
    D&G pour Homme
    Chanel pour Monsieur
    L'Artisan Dzing!

Blog Entries

you need some leather. f*ck freshness!