Code of Conduct

Default Creed Green Irish Tweed

The chase is over for me. I finally got a bottle, it was hard to find over here, trust me.
    I am totally infatuated by it, but it could be all the reading, I think I have read more about this fragrance that I did for my masters degree.

I just love it. I have been buying perfumes for over 20 years , looking for that holy grail , I think we all can relate to that,dont we?
    This is my first Creed but it will not be the last.
    The dry down is sublime, there is something about this one that I have never smelled or felt before, must be the high content of natural ingredients.
    I have been always fan of stronger fragrances, green polo, Kouros, Allure, Fahrenheit etc. At first it smelled similar to Channel Egoiste but it changed very fast to something more complex and special.
    This one is driving me crazy, it is like reading an interesting book you dont want to let it go. I want more.

I think my next one will be Bouis du Portugal because it will be more my style , more similar to the fragrances that appeal to me the most.
    I also want Himalaya and Imperiale.One thing that annoys me though is when I read people saying "it smells like XS or like Cool water etc etc", it sort of creates already a blockage in my mind, I tend to look for that smell on it.

The House of Creed is what I was hoping, it is worth every cent.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creed Green Irish Tweed

i Am So Proud Of You.

Hmm, well, it does smell virtually identical to Cool Water (I own both, and there is precious little difference). I won't buy the Creed again. But to each his own.

Congratulations!

The first time I ever smelled GIT I had never heard of Creed. I had no preconceived notions. I went into a shop and one of the many fragrances I sampled was GIT. Immediately it stood out as special. I was not shocked when I heard the price.

I have yet to understand the anti Creed some members have here?

Why is there such animosity toward Creed?

I'm far from a Creed fan boy, there are other houses I feel are as good if not better. Sorry, I just don't get it?

And of course the inevitable "Cool Water smells almost identical to Green Irish Tweed" posts. For about the first 20 minutes maybe, after that, GIT leaves it in the dust.
    Last edited by Simon Moon; 23rd September 2008 at 11:02 PM.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post

I have yet to understand the anti Creed some members have here?

Why is there such animosity toward Creed?
    I AGREE!

this animosity towards Creed must stop! It really has gotta stop. Stopping it would be essential for a better world, safer children, longer holidays, beautiful people, ending war, solving poverty, cooking a better burger, fresher chips, more better excellence.

I AGREE!

Creed Sucks
    Last edited by everso; 23rd September 2008 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    One thing that annoys me though is when I read people saying "it smells like XS or like Cool water etc etc", it sort of creates already a blockage in my mind, I tend to look for that smell on it.
    Of course you can't blame people for their perceptions, Basteri. But you can almost always be sure that there are also some who think in another way, relativizing the similarities between e.g. Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water (and Kiton Men, another candidate in this case). It's a "pool" of opinions here. What really matters in the end is only what you smell.

I liked your post. Reminded me of the first time I smelled Green Irish Tweed. Was my first Creed, back then in December 2005. Bought it in Bologne, Italy. Although, after getting to know more and more ('niche') scents, my first frenzy has subsided it remains a reliable fragrance in my wardrobe.

Another Creed disciple is born!

Don't worry about those nay-sayers who claim GIT is identical to Cool Water, etc. etc, etc. Their noses must be shutting down before the basenotes kick in, because Cool Water is nothing like GIT at that point. Turin implied that GIT was merely Pierre Bourdon's warm up for Cool Water, but I don't believe it. Perhaps he loved his creation so much that he wanted to give it to a much larger audience than he knew he would be able to reach with Creed. Who knows? Why Turin gave Cool Water 5 stars and GIT only 4, instead of the other way around, is a mystery to me.

p.s. If you like Green Irish Tweed, wait until you try Green Frich Tweed!
    Last edited by Snafoo; 23rd September 2008 at 11:19 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    i Am So Proud Of You.
    What is the point of this post? To bring someone else down? To sneer at them? Please contribute something positive or nothing at all.
    "Dont try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I AGREE!

this animosity towards Creed must stop! It really has gotta stop. Stopping it would be essential for a better world, safer children, longer holidays, beautiful people, ending war, solving poverty, cooking a better burger, fresher chips, more better excellence.

I AGREE!

Creed Sucks
    What is the point of this post? To bring someone else down? To sneer at them? Please contribute something positive or nothing at all.
    "Dont try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    well you seemed to have enjoyed it!

so much that you double posted a response! what's the point? to drag someone down? to sneer at me two times?
    Last edited by everso; 23rd September 2008 at 11:19 PM.

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

I can't justify spending that much money on a fragrance, but if I was to spend $150+ on one, GIT would probably be my first choice - and I say this knowing that I wouldn't spend $30 for a bottle of Cool Water.

In the end, all that matters is that you found a scent you love. Congratulations! I think we all look for that moment.

As for the animosity, I think some people just have to have something to hate, rather than focusing on the love. (Jesu Christe! Did I just write that? Please pretend I never said that.)
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dpak View Post
    rather than focusing on the love. (Jesu Christe! Did I just write that? Please pretend I never said that.)

I've recieved a good bottle of GIT and I tried a slightly bad bottle of GIT. The difference was in the color of the juice. One was slightly greenish the other was clear as alcohol. Both bottles were legit. The opening of the clear one was off compared to the greenish one. I can understand how GIT doesn't work well with some people especially if they tried/recieved the older or "clearer" juice which I did not like either.

Talking Re: Creed Green Irish Tweed

Good choice. I love Green Irish Tweed, and in my opinion it has very little in common with Cool Water except the very opening notes. Great for day wear, especially in a conservative career (like mine).

BTW, people were bashing Creed fragrances because for a long time, Creed threads dominated this forum. As Creed has since been supplanted by Montale, I expect the "I hate Black Aoud" threads to start popping up any day now.

Gents can you take your meta-reflections on things-Creed and things-said-about-Creed to PMs please?
    Thanks,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Congrats on getting GIT! Its definitely a jewel. You should also try Imperial, it's really good as well.
    Last edited by Maz24; 24th September 2008 at 12:20 AM.

GIT and BDP are two of my staples. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    I've recieved a good bottle of GIT and I tried a slightly bad bottle of GIT. The difference was in the color of the juice. One was slightly greenish the other was clear as alcohol. Both bottles were legit. The opening of the clear one was off compared to the greenish one. I can understand how GIT doesn't work well with some people especially if they tried/recieved the older or "clearer" juice which I did not like either.
    Well, this is what concerns me as well. I had bottles of GIT in the black bottle, so hard to see the color of the juice. One time, it lingers to after lunch, and the next bottle, wont get me to lunch. When the price is that of the Macy's-type fragrances, around $60 for 3.3 ounces, okay, but $90 for Creed on the Bay and twice as much in the store? I expect more. I am skittish about trying out MI for this reason.

GIT is a classic. Im wearing it today for the Oktoberfest in Munich (suits perfect to Bavarian dressing).
    One of the best fragrances...suits to everything, thats why!!!

Congratulations buddy, I completely understand your excitement!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

It is an awesome scent, and you shouldn't allow any negative comments to affect you because you and I (as well as A LOT of other basenoters) already know how good this fragrance is...and the people who smell it on you will definately follow suit, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    It is an awesome scent, and you shouldn't allow any negative comments to affect you because you and I (as well as A LOT of other basenoters) already know how good this fragrance is...and the people who smell it on you will definately follow suit, I promise.

nicely put. ditto that.

thank you all for your input on it. Today I am wearing GIT again and I got some people asking me what perfume is it. I like it more the more I wear it. :-)
    I cant wait to get a bottle of Bouis du Portugal and Himalaya. Seems to be a lot of GIT believers in here :-) I like that.
    all the best

Well, I hope you like the other more standard Creeds as much as you like GIT - but I really think GIT is the best.

Don't be put off by comparisons between XS and Himalya, because XS is a great scent. To me they smell subtley different in side by side comparisons, XS is the sharper and longer lasting.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    Of course you can't blame people for their perceptions, Basteri. But you can almost always be sure that there are also some who think in another way, relativizing the similarities between e.g. Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water (and Kiton Men, another candidate in this case). It's a "pool" of opinions here. What really matters in the end is only what you smell.

Someone thinks Kiton Men smells like GIT????

I've owned both for years, and they seem light years apart to me.

Although I still cringe a bit over my first post on GIT here ,so many years ago, when I said it smelled too much like Cool Water.
    Renato

I AGREE!

I AGREE!

Creed Sucks
    We all have bad days at the office.

Some people come home and kick the cat.

Some people crash out, watching something aggressive like the WWE that I taped this afternoon.

And some people subject the very genuine posts of other members to ridicule, which I think is something best avoided.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Someone thinks Kiton Men smells like GIT????

I've owned both for years, and they seem light years apart to me.

Although I still cringe a bit over my first post on GIT here ,so many years ago, when I said it smelled too much like Cool Water.
    Renato
    Hey Renato! Let me remind you of this (from almost two years ago):

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=188997

Seeing similarities between Green Irish Tweed and Kiton Men is by far not as common as seeing the ones with Cool Water. However, (for some) there might be a certain point of reference in both.

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    Hey Renato! Let me remind you of this (from almost two years ago):

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=188997

Seeing similarities between Green Irish Tweed and Kiton Men is by far not as common as seeing the ones with Cool Water. However, (for some) there might be a certain point of reference in both.
    Phew - I'm glad I didn't contradict myself from way back then.

Have you had the chance to test out Kiton since that time and form an opinion? I don't recollect seeing it much (if at all) in Europe last year.
    Renato

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    We all have bad days at the office.

Some people come home and kick the cat.

Some people crash out, watching something aggressive like the WWE that I taped this afternoon.

And some people subject the very genuine posts of other members to ridicule, which I think is something best avoided.
    Renato
    SOME people think they're really cool by posting an anti-anti post, and trying to be the angelic hero of goodwill...when actually they are simply stepping on everyone's ass by rekindling a conversation that has already been moderated and calmed down by our fearless moderator, DustB.

so what's the point? did that make you feel better? LOL.

Basteri...wasn't the chase SO much FUN!?!? I love the hunt for your coveted fragrance at the time. It's part of why this hobby is so addicting! Cheers to "the hunt". May your next one be just as rewarding...if there is a next one!

SOME people think they're really cool by posting an anti-anti post, and trying to be the angelic hero of goodwill...when actually they are simply stepping on everyone's ass by rekindling a conversation that has already been moderated and calmed down by our fearless moderator, DustB.

so what's the point? did that make you feel better? LOL.
    I'm glad that my gesture of positive good will is appreciated.

I believe that it is important that new and enthusiastic members are welcomed and encouraged, rather than have their posts subjected to ridicule, for little reason other than apparent whim.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 24th September 2008 at 03:34 PM.

This isn't anti, in fact nice

I love the GIT I have tried and tested. Just on my skin CW does almost the same thing and it is worth the price drop. That's it. the scent is wonderful though and I'm glad you like it.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan