Code of Conduct

Thread: musc ravageur

Blog Entries

Default musc ravageur

hmm. so much hype for this.

i ordered a sample of this and received it last week.

on my skin-----it makes me smell like a candle. that's about it. LOL. i get no musk.....i don't get much power. i just feel like a walking candle. candle wax. kinda smells a little bit like a women's hand lotion too....

i was expecting a musk BOOM, but i get way more musk outta my trusted Helmut Langs than i get outta this. It's also very feminine isn't it?

am i missing something? i enjoy my French Lover sample i got with this much more actually.....

Default Re: musc ravageur

For me MR is a massive overload of cinnamon and it's a mystery to me when others claim other notes to better characterize the fragrance. However, I love cinnamon and I honestly think there isn't much like MR, even though it certainly gets to much at times.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noalick View Post
    For me MR is a massive overload of cinnamon and it's a mystery to me when others claim other notes to better characterize the fragrance. However, I love cinnamon and I honestly think there isn't much like MR, even though it certainly gets to much at times.
    there is a bit of cinnamon isn't there....hmm...it's not really a sharp cinnamon the way i smell it...seems sort of more like a creamy cinnamon.

I think most people don't really think it's a musk dominant scent either. It's nice and I like it, but it took me a while till I got into it. Give it a few more tests in cooler weather.

I had a 10ml decant that lasted 3 years, and now it's finished, I'm still deciding if I should buy a bottle or go with another decant.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 24th September 2008 at 12:25 AM.

it's another case of a sample being misleading too. malle is smart to make 5 ml samples...

I definitely smell a good deal of musk in this one, but also a nice blend of wood and vanilla in the base. For me, this one is all about the dry down.

i dont get musc at all...i get heavy cream. vanilla and maybe some lavender? I smell something purple!!!!
    Last edited by jdnba; 24th September 2008 at 01:40 AM.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron