Code of Conduct

Default new Juliette has a gun - leather and rose

also got to try this was told it smells "like a frenchwoman's crotch" didn't catch the name.

all I've got to say is, men, don't start wearing this one, whatever the perverse pleasure of wearing ladies' frags, STAY AWAY!

it's actually nicely done and I think some men here will wear it, but maybe not, I don't think there are many men wearing like Malle Lipstick Rose around here are there? it's not similar in smell at all but it's got just the same vibe. it's actually beautiful but "for her" not him.
    Last edited by perfumeboss; 24th September 2008 at 02:49 AM.

Default Re: new Juliette has a gun - leather and rose

I strongly disagree. I find it extremely wearable as a man.

I wore Citizen Queen for a couple of days over the weekend, and found it a phenomenally good aldehydic animalic floral.
    (Perhaps if Chanel No5 and Agent Provocateur produced a love child, Citizen Queen would be it).
    I found the wonderful musks emerged and the florals receded.

Head notes: Leather - Immortal flowers
    Bottom notes: Iris - Amber
    Heart notes: Bulgarian rose - Labdanum

Here's a link to a discussion on the woman's board:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=209180
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 24th September 2008 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perfumeboss View Post
    also got to try this was told it smells "like a frenchwoman's crotch" didn't catch the name.

all I've got to say is, men, don't start wearing this one, whatever the perverse pleasure of wearing ladies' frags, STAY AWAY!

it's actually nicely done and I think some men here will wear it, but maybe not, I don't think there are many men wearing like Malle Lipstick Rose around here are there? it's not similar in smell at all but it's got just the same vibe. it's actually beautiful but "for her" not him.
    An exgirlfriend of mine is French. Her crotch did not smell like this at any time during our relationship. She was part Italian so perhaps that may have altered the scent of her crotch. I can ask her to sniff her cousin's (who is full French) crotch and report back if you like.

In anycase, I have been underwhelmed by the Juliette has a gun line. Additionally, I find them all very feminine and unwearable for me. The fact that Brittany Spears wears them is another deterrent.

Cheers,
    Al

I will be reviewing this fully on my blog Wed or Thurs

[quote=perfumeboss;1315361]also got to try this was told it smells "like a frenchwoman's crotch" didn't catch the name.

What could happen if I wear this?
    Last edited by Waldemar; 24th September 2008 at 08:34 AM.

I've had the experience of several French women's crotches and they were all delicious. Can't say I noticed any Bulgarian rose though. They were enticingly musky though.

Anyway, I liked Lady Vengeance by JHAG, it being a fragrance they now openly sell to men, as it has a more of a male feel to it.

If this is leather and rose and animalic with it, I would definitely wear it.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Basenotes Institution

Luckyscent has this now.

Sounds a lot like No. 18 by Chanel. Which I don't like.

The bottle's ace.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

it's not like 19 I wouldn't say at all, it's more like a caron.

in answer to the question of what will happen, maybe your cremaster will go berserk if you wear it...

Have just posted my review in my blog.
    I think Im rather taken by this... my 3rd woman's fragrance purchase on the cards for the future? Who knows!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Have just posted my review in my blog.
    I think Im rather taken by this... my 3rd woman's fragrance purchase on the cards for the future? Who knows!
    '...She displays all the characteristics of being a conservative little Daddy's girl by day, and a pistol-packing coquette by night...'

LOL
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac