Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Carol's Daughter -- opinions?

The brand Carol's Daughter had barely breached my radar screen until recently. I'd seen the name in MUA listings and noticed the logo at Sephora, but that was about it. Like most of you, I'm not terribly excited about a source that names is scents Ocean, Jamaican Punch, Groove, Mango Melange, Almond Cookie, Ecstasy, or Big Kahuna.

Somehow I became aware of the company's two new releases: Lemon Blossom and Sotto. (I'd have thought I read about them from Now Smell This, since I at least glance Robin's headlines every single day, but I just did a search at NST, and that's not where I learned about these two new scents.) Anyhoo ... following are their descriptions, and you should note that the company has already sold out on the Sotto.

Sotto: An elegant blend of warm tonka bean, sweet vanilla and creamy soy milk accent this beautiful fragrance with a veil of Indian sandalwood.
    Lemon Blossom: An energizing blend of refreshing citrus oils introduces this fresh, clean fragrance, with a hint of soft, powdery musk.

I contacted the company and asked if/when these would make it to their Sephora outlets. I got this courteous but useless response: "Unfortunately, I am not privy to when our newest Eau de Toilettes, Lemon Blossom and Sotto, will be available in Sephora locations." Gee, you think you could, um, ask someone who is privy?

I won't make any blind buys, even at $27, so I'll wait until I can sample. However, if you've used any of CD's products, I'd love to hear about that. And if you've been to one of CD's seven independent shops, maybe you know about these two new frags.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Carol's Daughter -- opinions?

Well - I've tried three of their products (which tend to be very highly scented).

My favorite - the Black Vanilla leave in hair conditioner. If you are a vanilla / coconut freak, this is a must-try. Most similar scent - Pilar and Lucy's Tiptoeing through the Chambers of the Moon. Makes my hair really soft and my scalp not itch. HUGE fan.

Warning - it will overwhelm most any other perfume you decide to wear.

The Love Butter smells like a cinnamon candle. And it's really greasy.

There was also a patchouli-scented hair butter that was a bit thick for my hair. The scent, itself, is a lighter version of head-shop patchouli. Sadly, this one developed mold within 6 months. Don't quite remember what it was called.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

I have GOT to check this out! Just for the name. My name is Carol, and I have a daughter who loves perfume as much as I do. Talk about the perfect Christmas present...
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    I have GOT to check this out! Just for the name. My name is Carol, and I have a daughter who loves perfume as much as I do. Talk about the perfect Christmas present...
    That would be cute! If you have any trouble getting something across the ocean, just let me know.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

All of the Carols Daughter products are highly scented and very sweet. I would never wear any of them as a fragrance and I like sweet fragrances. I do use the Tui Hair Oil on days when I need something heavy to control my hair and it smells just like Juicy Fruit Gum.

I've never tried the scents but the hair products are fantastic

Wow, I'd never heard of them before but the brand does look interesting Thanks for the tip-off. I wish someone would hurry up and invent a sniff-oscope for the interwebs already; I want to scratch-n-sniff the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    That would be cute! If you have any trouble getting something across the ocean, just let me know.
    I've just found out they only ship to US and Canada, so you may be getting a pm! Thanks Quarry.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

I'm a huge fan of Carol's daughter. It is a line of quality, natural bath and body products. Admittedly, I abhor a few of their fragrances. But as a collector of fine fragrances from all of the top houses, "Groove" and "Almond Cookie" are two of my favorite scents on the planet. In fact shortly after I discovered "Groove" it surpassed Chanel's Cocomademoiselle as my signature scent. It is succulent, deep, and seductive with notes of coacoa, black currant, vanilla, and a distinct heady musk. I wear this scent and heads literally turn. I always get complimented. Of course, it's the woman that makes the scent, but if it fits your personality, Groove is a winner, and at 27 bucks for the edt, a steal. Almond Cookie, I wore in college. It is more delicate, but still enticing and men LOVE it. Maybe they confuse the marzipan notes for a woman who can cook! LOL. I love to layer carol's daughter products too-- I use the bath oil, the souffle, and the edt (which is long lasting).

ayesha