Code of Conduct

Default Powerfull tobacco, sweet, alcohol...perfume

Hey,

I was wondering if you could help me with my perfume choice. I am looking for a long lasting, powerfull perfume.

Now I am using... Michael Kors for Men and Gaultier 2, Fahrenheit from time to time. (I used to use Opium a lot, but now, donīt know why, donīt like it that much)

Yet, Michael doesnīt last at all, after an hour, no one can smell a thing (I must say, I was quite disappointed with the lasting). Gaultier, as well, doesnīt seem to me "powerfull" enough.

So witch perfume should I choose? I canīt find anything suitable.

I like scents like vanilla, cinnamon, honey (a lot!)... so sweet, I guess. I aslo like tobacco scent. Maybe chocolate, cofee, maybe alcoholic scents (rum .-)), maybe even leather (yet, doesnīt remember smelling a perfume with a leather scent , so I am not that sure :-) )

Anyone could help?

Tried A*Men - lasts fine on me, yet my girlfriend isnīt that fond of it... tried Joop - Homme, which is fine, but not great, if you know, what I mean.

PS: Sorry for my poor english
    PPS: Unluckily, donīt have that much to choose from, you canīt buy any "exotic" perumes here in Czech rep.... mostly, I am buying on fragrancex.com (no shipping cost, great! ;-) )
    Last edited by F.X.F; 26th September 2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: remembered smthing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Powerfull tobacco, sweet, aclohol...perfume

Some powerful scents I have tried:

Leather: Knize Ten
    Pine and ?: Yatagan
    70's retro: Paco Rabanne pour Homme
    Long lasting Moka: Rochas Man
    Last edited by JonB; 25th September 2008 at 07:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i assume since you having trouble finding fragrances at all you should go with the better mainstream stuff.
    i second rochas man and suggest le male.its most definitely sweet amd its sillage and longevity are so great that they are reasons enough for me to skip on this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Idole de Lubin, if you can find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to basenotes

Go to the fragrance directory and only type into the notes section which scents you care for.
    Last edited by silverbullet; 25th September 2008 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnaea View Post
    Idole de Lubin, if you can find it.
    why? is it rare to find?
    Merkkleding Nederland

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Powerfull tobacco, sweet, alcohol...perfume

Ahoj,

If you're ever in Prague, try to find a perfumery that carries Serge Lutens - perhaps the Shiseido Boutique at Pařížská 7 (tel. 224 81 97 11). This line has your name written all over it. Sweet, intense, oriental dreams, you should like Fumerie Turque in particular.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matičre/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénčtrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, here's one you can easily get on the net: Bogart pour homme. In fact, witness by bogart is another one that's good and cheap and the original Jacques Bogart, while not quite such a powerhouse, is a great one, too.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matičre/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénčtrent le verre.

for honey I suggest you to try Lutens Mile de Bois, Malle L'Eau d'Hiver and Parfums d'Empire Fougčre Bengale. Body Kouros is a good designer option too.
    For a good load of vanilla, aside Opium PH, I advice you to try Chanel Egoiste. You might give a try to Rochas Lui and Rochas Man for gourmands. For alcolic scents, Idole is a good one, but also Ambre Russe or simply Bulgari Blu PH(Vodka and ginger)

Post Thanks / Like

Let me be the third to recommend Idole by Lubin.

I just tried it yesterday and I got: rum, sweet tobacco leaf, leather, honey.

it smelled kind of like the captains quarters of a pirate ship, if you can imagine! Very nice!

Just tried the notes search in fragrance directory - nice! (I had n idea, it works like that :-) ) Found MCM Success, which seems right for me, thought it is discontinued :-( I have found Success on ebay (parfumflacons), they sell sort of small "sample" or "travel" flacons (10ml). I was thinking about giving it a try, but I am not sure, if it is safe to buy a perfume on ebay... (might be fake, or too old, or I donīt know .-) anyway, are pefumes in small flacons alright? I mean, there is not the "spray" thing...)

Otherwise, Rochas man seems fine, so does Bogart. Canīt find where to buy idole de lubin thought, neither anything form Parfums d'Empire.

I tried both Le Male and Kouros and I didnīt like neither of them very much (but I guess there is a difference between Kouros and Body Kouros...)

Thanks to the_good_life for the tip for Shiseido Boutique in Prague (.-) seems you know Prague better than me :-) )

Thanks everyone for your help! I would welcome any other suggestions you might have :-)
    Last edited by F.X.F; 28th September 2008 at 05:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tobacco and sweet? I haven't seen Burberry London mentioned, so I will toss that out there as a suggestion that definitely is described with those 2 words.

Post Thanks / Like

What? No Dreamer recomendation?
    NO DREAMER?!