Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default surprise surprise! Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir at JFK Airport!

i'm in san diego right now.

took my flight from JFK in NYC.

guess what i see staring at me at JFK airport's duty free shop?

STACKS AND STACKS of Dior Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir. $65 a pop. I bought 3 of em. I couldn't believe it. The lady at the counter kept asking me why i was buying 3 of em...i kept saying "yeah, i give em away"

give em away my ass!

so for the record...there are TONS of bottles at JFK airport. If anyone wants me to pick one up for em on my way back on sunday....lemme know. It's gonna be $65 + shipping for the 100ML bottle.

fookin bargain!

now i'm sitting in san diego...completely doused in this stuff. IT IS EXCELLENT.

time to go drinking....
    Last edited by everso; 25th September 2008 at 02:45 AM.

Default Re: surprise surprise! Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir at JFK Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    STACKS AND STACKS of Dior Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir. $65 a pop. I bought 3 of em. I couldn't believe it.
    now i'm sitting in san diego...completely doused in this stuff. IT IS EXCELLENT.
    time to go drinking....
    Wow, how did you buy them in Duty Free without a boarding pass? Let me know, as I'm at JFK on domestic flights every other week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Wow, how did you buy them in Duty Free without a boarding pass? Let me know, as I'm at JFK on domestic flights every other week.

Thats what I was wondering too. They don't even let you go inside without an international flight boarding pass, let alone buy something.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

OMG, I've been looking all over Europe for this one! Any of you wanna ship me a bottle to the Netherlands?
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Thats what I was wondering too. They don't even let you go inside without an international flight boarding pass, let alone buy something.
    i paid some extra taxes, and was able to get my bottles!

the duty free there isn't THAT cheap...just a tiny bit cheaper than street prices. (no state tax...which i DID pay)
    Last edited by everso; 25th September 2008 at 01:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy for you. I know how great it is. I like it a lottttttttt.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    I'm happy for you. I know how great it is. I like it a lottttttttt.
    this stuff is TRULY great....so refreshing, and at the same time with a shot of leather thrown into the picture. It exudes pure class---------the original Eau Sauvage is pretty good, i always like it...but was never motivated by actually buy a bottle.

This stuff is truly unique though. Soft fresh citrus leather----i put it on first thing in the morning today, and it woke me up grandly.

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    The JFK Duty Free shops let everyone in, but I have never, ever, heard of them allowing anyone to buy anything without an international boarding pass. Everso, please tell us how you managed this purchase, I want to try it.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 25th September 2008 at 02:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    The JFK Duty Free shops let everyone in, but I have never, ever, heard of them allowing anyone to buy anything without an international boarding pass. Everso, please tell us how you managed this purchase, I want to try it.
    i dug up some charm...and had a go. seriously...i don't really have a more complex answer than that!

Post Thanks / Like

Is this rare/discontinued? Saw a tester spray of this at David Jones near me a few days ago and thought nothing of it (whether they had it in stock, I dont know). Might have to go back and have a spritz now, as one thing my wardrobe is lacking is something with a fair whack of leather in it!

This actually interests me as I've been meaning to get a 'I mean business' scent, as Rive Gauche wasn't quite me.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 25th September 2008 at 02:37 PM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Is this rare/discontinued? Saw a tester spray of this at David Jones near me a few days ago and thought nothing of it (whether they had it in stock, I dont know). Might have to go back and have a spritz now, as one thing my wardrobe is lacking is something with a fair whack of leather in it!

This actually interests me as I've been meaning to get a 'I mean business' scent, as Rive Gauche wasn't quite me.
    it's rare in the US....not sure if it's rare over where you are.

but i would definitely go grab a bottle if i were you.....THIS stuff really is suitable as a business fragrance----very very posh and distinguished.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on the charm, everso... I tried something similar at both JFK and Houston duty free (and I like to think shmooze people when necessary), and the clerks were like 'no way'. I'd force you to sell me one of those bottles but I just arranged a purchase from another BNer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i do have a very light almost-british accent from the many years i spent in europe......so it's possible they just thought i was very international.

it's funny that i was just speaking to you about Fraicheur Cuir yesterday over PM.....

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Good job on the charm, everso... I tried something similar at both JFK and Houston duty free (and I like to think shmooze people when necessary), and the clerks were like 'no way'. I'd force you to sell me one of those bottles but I just arranged a purchase from another BNer.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of airport duty-free shops in the US now allow purchases of cosmetics, candy, and fragrances for non-international passengers. (Booze and tobacco are still the exclusive domain of those flying internationally.) Still, I've seen some very neat finds in those shops... such as Antaeus and M7 Fresh at Detroit Metro's Northwest Airlines terminal, and Shiseido Basala at Seattle/Tacoma Airport's South Satellite.

BTW, everso, were you flying Delta out of JFK? I hear that you can still spot stuff that dates back to when Pan Am operated out of Delta's terminal here and there (it was once the Pan Am Worldport)...
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Are there any other places to buy this? I don't live too close to JFK.

Post Thanks / Like

Was that in terminal 4? I saw duty-free shops when I was flying back to LA on Tuesday but didn't go in..

Now I;m sorry I didn't!

Dang it! I keep trying over and over again to get my wife to like this one, with absolutely no success. There's something about the opening that really turns her off. Is anybody else having this problem?

No sense buying something the wife can't stand.....

i do have a very light almost-british accent from the many years i spent in europe......so it's possible they just thought i was very international.

it's funny that i was just speaking to you about Fraicheur Cuir yesterday over PM.....
    If I'm ever desperate for a bottle I can try to get into the airport and lay on my very convincing German or Polish accent and try to get into the shop that way! I even look German hah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

to those of you who PMd me...i'm gonna TRY to get some more bottles on my way in....if it doesn't work----don't be mad at me! hehe.

this stuff is great. been wearing it for the past 2 days...today will be the third. I brought some Helmut Lang and Knize Ten with me for my trip here to San Diego......and i haven't even touched those because of this stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

this stuff is TRULY great....so refreshing, and at the same time with a shot of leather thrown into the picture. It exudes pure class---------the original Eau Sauvage is pretty good, i always like it...but was never motivated by actually buy a bottle.

This stuff is truly unique though. Soft fresh citrus leather----i put it on first thing in the morning today, and it woke me up grandly.
    Any possibility shipping it to Thailand? I can paypal you. I really like the leather in this one. It's sort of old, but something in it shouts "modernity." I wore it a few weeks ago as my SotE, and don't dare wearing it again soon since there's only half a vial left. I must keep it in the beautiful casket and have it locked as tight as possible
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sorry fellas!

got back thru JFK....one of the perfume shops there was closed...the other didn't have it. i didn't have time to wander the whole airport trying to find the other duty free shops.

i think about 15 of you had asked for a bottle. I would NOT have been able to get that many anyway.....but i wasn't able to get anymore today. SORRY!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    OMG, I've been looking all over Europe for this one! Any of you wanna ship me a bottle to the Netherlands?
    They have it at the Frankfurt Airport. That is where I sampled it.

--Edit--
    At the PerfumedCourt it says this is a limited edition. Does that mean it is only available in certain areas of the world or only available for a short period of time?
    Last edited by Maxpower; 29th September 2008 at 01:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    They have it at the Frankfurt Airport. That is where I sampled it.

--Edit--
    At the PerfumedCourt it says this is a limited edition. Does that mean it is only available in certain areas of the world or only available for a short period of time?
    It means buckle your seat belt, maxpower, because Fraicheur Cuir is going bye-bye.

Post Thanks / Like

It is available in the shops of Aeroporto Di Roma,for 53 Euros for the 100 ml bottle.
    Too classic for my taste though...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Post Thanks / Like

I just received my bottle and I really like it. If it is indeed going away, I would like to get another bottle. I wonder how much time I have left?