Code of Conduct

Default Got Rochas Lui yesterday - and it reminds me of...

Penhaligons Love Potion No. 9 for Men. I've been reading so many great reviews about Rochas Lui so I finally picked up a bottle on the 'bay. I am now a fan of this gem! It's rare that I enjoy all phases of a fragrance but the neroli opening and the patchouli/clove-ish base are mesmerizing. To my nose Lui is reminiscent of Penhaligon's Love Potion No. 9 for Men. However, Lui is much more wearable for me - that intense clove in LP No. 9 turns my stomach. Does anyone else notice the comparison between the two?
    Last edited by acjigga; 25th September 2008 at 11:19 AM.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

Default Re: Got Rochas Lui yesterday - and it reminds me of...

The clove in LP No. 9 is so potent that I can't see any comparison to Rochas Lui, which is one of the most masculine frags ever created and seems to have totally different notes.

They are completely different to my nose.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Lp. No.9 is almost an exact replica of YSL Opium. i don't see any similarity except for tht one note which opium seem to not have and Lui and Lp. No.9 has.

The similarity that I can't shake is between Rochas Lui and Habit Rouge.

Of course I love them both, especially Lui, and agree with Stuigi that it is something that makes you into THE man.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.