Code of Conduct

Default Opium Pour Homme VS LInstant de Guerlain.

Which one is the best of Opium pour homme, and L Instant de Guerlain? I use L Instant wery often and like it a lot. I have never tried Opium, but i`m very curious about it.. Are they compareble to each other?
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 25th September 2008 at 09:54 PM.

Default Re: Opium Pour Homme VS LInstant de Guerlain.

IMHO- nope...L'instant and Vera wang come close to each other...but Opium is a different monster altogether.

L'instant does not blast your senses the way opium does...its more approachable and affable of the two...overdosing of l'instant can be tamed to a certain point...but I for one cannot withstand the horror of OD'ing on Opium

I haven't smelled L'Instant, but I can tell you that if it smells at all like Vera Wang then it's not close to Opium at all.

Polo Double Black, on the other hand, reminds me very much of Opium Pour Homme.
    url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/972]Wardrobe[/url]

Different I would say.

Isn't L'Instant more of a gourmand (chocolate) and Opium an oriental (spicey)?
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

In my view L Instant is great.....Opium....mmmmmmmmmm....too strong for me
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basenotes Plus

I love L'Instant ph, especially the EdP version. The Opium ph is not so interesting in my opinion.
    I love cologne.

I happen to love them both. L'Instant might be considered more sophisticated as far as formulation goes by many of us here. I don't remember who said that Opium is more like a nice pop song, not a symphony. I prefer the EDP of all the Opium formulations. Very different fragrances from each other though.

Haven't tried the L'instant, so I can't comment on it. I now own Opium and I really feel like this is a very high quality fragrance. It is full and spicy and sweet and earthy. I really, really like it.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

I hate the anistic note in L'Instant PH, though it didn't bother me much at first. For me, it's a dealbreaker. I sampled Opium PH once and didn't like it. Too much of a toothpaste type of thing. I guess that was mint, anise, and benzoin. I found a cheapo that smells similar to it, and since it's not worth anything, I'll keep it and perhaps some day I'll like it.

i love the way L'Instant engulfs the wearer. it's spectacular and sublime. Opium on the other hand is a very different take. both cannot be compared....it's a classic and you would find it in most of the wardrobes here.