Code of Conduct

Default Maxim's de Paris: First blind buy... EVER!

Actually, I lie... it's my second, but I figured that would not have sounded nearly as dramatic!

It was almost 9 years ago I made my first blind buy... Trussardi Light Him - dreadful hideous stuff that I snatched up without a sniff because I was lured by the fab holographic packaging like a retarded bower bird!
    I swore then and there that I wouldn't ever do it again.

Until this week.

I came across a TOO-GOOD-TO-BE-TRUE deal on some Maxim's de Paris Pour Homme - a discontinued spicy-floral fougere that I'd never really heard about until Dimitrios and the_good_life strongly recommended it.

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Lavender, Fruit Note .
    Middle Notes
    Muguet, Jasmin, Cedarwood, Sandal, Carnation.
    Base Notes
    Amber, Moss, Patchouli, Musk, Leather.

This has to have one of the most enjoyable aromatic drydowns in my entire collection

Maybe there's something to be said for buying blind after all. Then again, standing even at one hit and one miss thus far, the odds could go either way.

Is there any more love out there for this one?
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 27th September 2008 at 07:51 PM.

Default Re: Maxim's de Paris: First blind buy... EVER!

Dimitri ,,
    Wow .. I didn't think it would rocket up your charts & be so highly spoken about so soon !!
    Im pleased you have acknowledged me amongst the few who have praised & recomended this one in the past few months , but I must thank Anthony (( NearFantastica)) for first whispering Maxims to me six months ago .
    Anyone for some Basile Uomo or Enrico Coveri ...
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 28th September 2008 at 01:25 PM.

Based upon the recommendations of Dimitrios and the_good_life, I have been looking for Maxim's Pour Homme online. I just found a tremendous deal and have joined Dimitri by buying it blind.

Thanks Anthony for starting all of this!

(I am looking for Enrico Coveri. I have seen several but have not pulled the trigger.)
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

My bottle showed up in the mail today! And Thank You Dimitrios! - for the sample! The fragrance directory has some great reviews for those interested.

A Maxim's hype is my kind of hype
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Actually, I have come to find the lavender and geranium in this one really rather intoxicating!
    So much so, that I have just ordered another 80mls for myself, and 40mls for my friend "Down Under" with whom I share a name!

Is this fragrance by Pierre Cardin?

99perfumes.com has a 3.4 oz. tester for $19.95. I'm tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by fraddicted View Post
    Is this fragrance by Pierre Cardin?
    Pierre Cardin used to own the Maxims trademark. And the fragrance is labeled Maxims pour Homme by Pierre Cardin.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 30th September 2008 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    99perfumes.com has a 3.4 oz. tester for $19.95. I'm tempted.
    This is a very reasonable offer Ruggles!

My source does not ship to the US unfortunately, but the price is just a fraction of that which 99perfumes.com is offering. Its a great scent, - I only wish it would hang around a little longer (at the moment, 3 or 4 hours on me).

I don't want to be the spoiler here however, on my skin it's a bit too fruity for my taste and has a slightly sugary quality - not that it is overly too sweet but apart from the spices it also emanates a lollipop-like (a fizzy drink?) aroma to my nose. I don't get much leather in the drydown.. And yes, I do love those 80s classics like PPH, Macassar, BdP... It is not bad at all but ..try before buy.

Dimitri 3 or 4 hours ? wow thats great .
    you must be hairier than me as I only get 2 or 3 max
    remember guys ..... spritz it on for those romantic occasions & again for the lovemaking later !
    Its sillage is fine but if this potion lasted longer it would probably still be in production .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43