Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Question versace, jeans line

So, since my desire to get hold of a few niche frags such as Ambre Sultan, Musk Kublai Khan, French lover etc has to be put on hold until christmas due to..erm...financial issues, i have been wasting a LOT of time on ebay lately and came across the jeans frags by Versace.
    I already owned blue jeans and like it so i thought why not get 'em all? Still better than most of the other mainstrem gesigners IMO and the line up could look nice.
    A few days back i got Baby blue Jeans and today i bought Black jeans, still looking for green and metal though, there are not as commen as one might think.
    Sooo, here comes my point, which of the jeans frags do you people like best and is it even worth the effort to look for green and metal?

I'm not gonna make this a poll however, dont wanna 'get my head cracked on a stone'

Default Re: versace, jeans line

I've just tried black jeans, but I liked it enough that I decided I needed to try the rest of the line.

Black Jeans is quite ok, given the overwhelmingly positive reviews of it here on basnotes.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Blue Jeans at TJMaxx a few days ago. I was pleasantly surprised - my nose kept ignoring the other scents I'd sampled and coming back to Blue Jeans.

It has me thinking about the rest of the line too. I may have to stop back and pick up Blue Jeans.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, Black Jeans is the best in the line.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Black Jeans is a woody/spicy fragrance (which I know has gotten good buzz here), and Green Jeans is all green notes... not my thing so I don't know if it's good. If you're looking for Black Jeans I know there are a number of bottles at my local mall fragrance stand, and I can help if anyone really wants a bottle.

I love Baby Blue Jeans... I think Foetidus' review here really sums it up. Citrus and powder, with a light woody dry down indicative of a fragrance far more expensive than it actually is. I personally paid $16 for a 50ml bottle at a Ross department store. There's a metallic note in Blue Jeans I can't stand.

Have to agree with Baby Blue Jeans. Nice lemon top note, followed by a brilliant woody drydown that my wife loves. Great summer frag. Only trouble is the name - not particularly masculine! Wife hates it!

Black is superb; Blue is fun and always wearable.
    Metal is very pleasant (if you like melon frags)l but very expensive and really somewhat overrated.
    Green? Not my cup of tea 'tall, y'all.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 30th September 2008 at 01:41 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I like pretty much the whole line except for Green Jeans. Black Jeans has a tar note in it that I find great, Baby Blue Jeans is a great alternative to Bond's Nouveau Bowery, Blue Jeans is sorta OK but is a nice sweet fougere and Metal is a pleasant fragrance and too bad it's overpriced.

I like the bottles and tins they come in.

My girlfriend tried Red Jeans and it is way too much sweetberry for her.
    Last edited by SirSlarty; 30th September 2008 at 02:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Black Jeans is really unique and I enjoyed it while I owned it. I also bought a bottle of Metal Jeans and it was as boring and generic fruity/metallic as they come. Skip that one. It was discontinued for a good reason.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

blue jeans is pretty good: a sweet, comfortable fragrance.

black jeans is amazing!!!
    it's a sweet, spicy, tar smell. doesn't sound that great, right? think again! it oozes masculinity and charm.

unfortunately, i don't have any of the others.

You guys that like Black Jeans are really hard core. It has to be an acquired taste. I can't imagine someone going to a fragrance bar for the first time and trying Black Jeans and thinking "Wow! This is great. I've got to get a bottle." I mean this stuff is potent and very unusual, but it is certainly not feminine.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite jeans is Jeans Couture..hard to find but worth it..fresh and sexy to me. I've worn many bottles of it....and yes am selling one now. Still the best by far.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thanks guys, im REALLY looking forward to my bottle black jeans to arrive now

Post Thanks / Like

How much does black jeans retail for?

Post Thanks / Like

found it $32, cheap; I may blind buy it. sounds right up my alley- what does it smell like if you had to compare it to something?

I'm selling mine, so if anyone's interested in Europe, let me know. It smells like the younger macho version of YSL Rive Gauche PH.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    found it $32, cheap; I may blind buy it. sounds right up my alley- what does it smell like if you had to compare it to something?
    When I initially got Black Jeans, I thought it smelled exactly like Dolce and Gabbana PH only with a strange note that I thought smelled like liquorice. I absolutely hated it due to the fact that I loathe D&G PH. Now after having worn Black Jeans several times, it definitely still brings to mind D&G PH, but I have grown to like it a little more. I bought it because, based on reviews, I thought it would be more daring and original, but I think it smells completely mainstream and trendy.
    I probably won't replace it when it's gone, and it will probably never be a favorite due to my associating it with D&G PH, but I never say never!
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

It smells like the younger macho version of YSL Rive Gauche PH.
    I agree, Black Jeans is Rive Gauche biker gang style.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting; not a huge fan of D&G PH.

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post
    When I initially got Black Jeans, I thought it smelled exactly like Dolce and Gabbana PH only with a strange note that I thought smelled like liquorice. I absolutely hated it due to the fact that I loathe D&G PH. Now after having worn Black Jeans several times, it definitely still brings to mind D&G PH, but I have grown to like it a little more. I bought it because, based on reviews, I thought it would be more daring and original, but I think it smells completely mainstream and trendy.
    I probably won't replace it when it's gone, and it will probably never be a favorite due to my associating it with D&G PH, but I never say never!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

like D&G ph?thats not exactly what the other review seem like and i hope its not alike.
    not a fan of D&G either..

As someone who hates D&G pour homme, don't worry, the two smell nothing alike to me. There is no tobacco or cedar in Black Jeans, I'd actually question whether you got the right juice in the bottle lol

Quote Originally Posted by lukeburtonak View Post
    I agree, Black Jeans is Rive Gauche biker gang style.
    Perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Jeans: anyone for a gin & tonic? The juniper note really chafed my nerves, so I got rid of BJ. Don't know the others, but Baby Blue sounds interesting going by the comments above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

it is but i the woody citrus beginning is pretty harsh, but its growing on me

Post Thanks / Like

Black and Blue I liked a lot.
    Couture was okay.
    Metal Jeans was good, but didn't last long enough on me.
    Baby Blue Jeans didn't have enough punch for a guy, as far as I was concerned - I gave it to a female friend who loved wearing it.

Green Jeans was the odd one. I disliked it every time I tested it. The citrus-pine did nothing for me. But one day I bought it cheap, and was quite surprised when I wore it - it had substance, and suddenly I liked it a hell of a lot.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 2nd October 2008 at 06:07 PM.