Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Unsniffed Miraculous great finds

I don't have a habit of buying unsniffed,but was veeery tempted by Nahema...And luckily I love it! Other unsniffed scents that I just bought was all my Ava Luxes: Rasa,Love's true bluish light and Madame X. Particularly happy about the Madame X.
    Currently wearing: Bois des Îles by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Love the new avatar, lushsoup!

I think my only unsniffed purchase is a 30 ml Jo Malone Kohdo Wood Day (Lotus Blossom & Water Lily). I had tested Night and like it. I like Day even better!
    Isn't Lush's avatar great - now are those split peas or mushy peas? The pea pod garnish on top looks pretty intact, certainly.

I am wearing Kohdo Wood Day today and if I had bought it unsniffed I would have been very pleased with my purchase! I just got to sniff Sweet Lime and Cedar in Manchester this morning. Have decided it is a beautiful smell, and am still unsure whether it is a beautiful smell that I want to smell of. I keep coming back to Walkers Sensations Gently Infused Lime and Thai Spices crisps, which taste exactly as this smells!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Rhubarb! That's what's in the EA Green Tea! I knew it was something familiar, but couldn't place it until now...thanks!

I also think that EAGT is one of those spray-all-over-on-a-really-hot-day kinds of scents; nothing I'd wear to a party, but fine for a July morning when I'm hanging around the house.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

I've bought lots of unsniffed, nearly all decants, but only after knowing what kinds of scents they were. My list would include (among others): Vol de Nuit, Jo Malone Woman, Sycomore, A Rose Poivree, Carnal Flower, Fleurs de Cassie, Jolie Madame (vintage), Eau de Cartier, Angelique Encens, CDG's incense series, Un Jardin Sur le Nil, Miss Dior (vintage)...others, usually in 1.5 ml decants, sometimes swaps.

Not many FB's though. I took a chance on Paloma Picasso, completely unsniffed at TJ Maax, and love it. Also Turquoise, a serviceable summer fragrance, also at Maax; don't love it quite as much, but it'll do. Bought a FB of Grey Flannel there too, for my husband; I love it on me, he doesn't like it quite so much, says it's too strong for work, but he does like the Eau de Grey Flannel.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

I'm very tempted by some others that have been mentioned here, particularly Nahema, Sweet Lime & Cedar, and Balmain Ivoire. I think I'll test them first if I can!

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Good deal, I read about this price discrepancy. Where did you get yours? Can we still get the good deal?
    Parfum1

http://www.parfum1.com/perfume.asp?a...=keywordsearch

They raised the price from $24 to $32.50. Still a pretty good deal. They also threw a new bottle of Worth's Je Reviens.
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 3rd October 2008 at 05:17 AM. Reason: To include more accurate information

I've bought loads of decants unsniffed, but I kind of count those as 'super samplers', so feel less bad about it if I don't love them.

I have a dreadful habit of adding 'a little something' to an order, but I'm reining myself in as I've just bought too many things that don't work for me. However, past purchases that I have fallen madly in love with include:
    Madame Rochas
    Vol de Nuit
    Jicky
    Gres Cabaret
    Le Baiser du Dragon
    Hypnotic Poison
    Bal a Versailles
    and several others that I'm sure I'll remember through the day and say 'oh and that too'.

I have had a lot of failures though. See my swap list for a more comprehensive list of those!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Feminite du Bois... all thanks to Miss Wordbird

I got lucky and actually ended up buying a fragrance unsniffed that has come to be my number 1, the amazing L'Anarchiste by Caron.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more