Code of Conduct

Default Allure or edition blanche??

i LOVE chanel allure and it is on my christmas list. yet my mom said i can get edition blanche instead if i want as it is a limited edition. i dont get the opportunity to get many fragrances so i want to pick the best one, limited or not. even if edition blanche trails in close behind allure and has similiraties i would get that. so which one should i get or should i just stick to chanel allure? thanks and oh how many sprays would you reccomend for allure? thanks.

Default Re: Allure or edition blanche??

I would say get the one you know you love. Try them both, and pick your favorite. Allure Homme is a 2-3 spray frag for me.

Test it and get whatever one you like best, simple. Don't buy it blind though, that is the worst thing you can do.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 28th September 2008 at 11:01 PM.

If you can't sample the special edition then by all means go with the real thing. Not too many of those "special" ones are any kind of improvement. The four or five I've tried all made me think that the time and engineering was devoted to crafting a snazzy new bottle rather than an even slightly improved scent.

I prefer Blanche, but it is also more subtle.
    Last edited by irish; 29th September 2008 at 04:22 AM.

get the blanche...

If I had to choose I would choose Blanche, but honestly I am not much of a fan of either. With Allure I got a strong whiff of an ashtray like smell in the drydown which I hated, that note is not in Blanche which is why I would choose it over Allure.

yeah thanks for the help guys ive got good news, im getting BOTH as my mom was lenient and said i could. so yeah thanks for all the comments.

lol, thats good for you then, i would have said blanche by a long shot tho

They are different enough to own both.

I'd only go for Blanche though. (I did.. but I sold it to my friend already though)

hey whatsup guys ?
    I wanna know, where do u guys get the Blanche edition ?? it's fairly recent, 2006, but i seem to find more trouble finding it than older rare colognes !!!
    I would prefer if you can direct me to an online website, if not possible, a shop in New York or Paris.

Thanks

PS : please PM me too, since i get lost sometimes in the forum !

blanche is 2008 release and you can basically get it from the top stores depending on where you are. here in birmingham i find blanche in selfridges and harvey nichols official chanel shop. look around and you will find it.

You can also get it at www.chanel.com

Quote Originally Posted by avfcdamian92 View Post
    i LOVE chanel allure and it is on my christmas list. yet my mom said i can get edition blanche instead if i want as it is a limited edition. i dont get the opportunity to get many fragrances so i want to pick the best one, limited or not. even if edition blanche trails in close behind allure and has similiraties i would get that. so which one should i get or should i just stick to chanel allure? thanks and oh how many sprays would you reccomend for allure? thanks.

First of all: CHANEL Allure Edition Blanche is NOT a limited edition! It has never been. This has went in to CHANEL`s permanent assortment. I have the Blanche version, and love it! I like the original too, so it`s hard to pick a winner... But as the Blanche version is a bit more lighter and modern, i think i will suggest that one..It`s also an concentree, so it will last longer. Works well in the summertime too. But both of them are very well done! Suitable for day and night, to work and party. Very wearable fragrance. Maby next time i will go for the original! Fresh, warm and sexy..
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 7th December 2008 at 10:00 PM.