Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: So.. the greatest from the fine house of chanel??

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • chanel allure homme

7 11.86%
  • chanel allure homme sport

1 1.69%
  • chanel allure edtion blanche

4 6.78%
  • chanel antaeus

13 22.03%
  • chanel egoiste

10 16.95%
  • chanel pour monsieur

18 30.51%
  • chanel platinum egoiste

6 10.17%

Default Best chanel mens fragrance?

hi what would you say is the best, sophistaced classic fragrance from chanel out of this list. the nicest scent, the one which you would wear out of the lot. oh yeah and if you could please explain why you picked the one you picked. personally i'd go for chanel allure homme yet who knows what the poll will reveal, lol. thanks.
    Last edited by avfcdamian92; 28th September 2008 at 07:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Best chanel mens fragrance?

Try this link:

Chanel

Post Thanks / Like

Of the options, PM (original) is my fave, tho I wish it lasted longer.

The new Sycomore Exclusif is considered a masculine by Chanel. They even display it with the other masculines in their boutiques.

smeller

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Try this link:

Chanel
    Exactly.

I see no point about making a poll like this every single month. A site search should be enough.

And, by the way, you missed Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée. The linked poll didn't.

No offense or hostility intended, but a little search before posting is always recommended.

Answering to your question, all Chanel men's scents are outstanding, except the Allures. So, I can't vote in just one of them.

Now and forever, Chanel pour Monsieur.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Yep.

Plus this list illustrates how low Chanel has fallen in in the mens fragrance arena ..
    -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Second that, with Antaeus a close second.

All the Allure Hommes can be flushed.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

None of the above.

I like Egoiste Concentree the best.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smeller View Post
    Exactly.

I see no point about making a poll like this every single month. A site search should be enough.

And, by the way, you missed Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée. The linked poll didn't.

No offense or hostility intended, but a little search before posting is always recommended.

Answering to your question, all Chanel men's scents are outstanding, except the Allures. So, I can't vote in just one of them.
    Sorry to a bit off topic and to use this as my vehicle for going into this, but why exactly does it matter if there's a repetitive post? I don't remember seeing the previous Chanel poll, and just because there was one a few weeks ago doesn't mean every person on this board saw it or has a chance to participate. When I see a repetitive post I'm not interested in, I just don't open the thread. It's pretty simple. I'm tired of being paranoid that I may ask something someone mentioned in a thread six months ago and thus piss someone off. There's a limited number of topics on a 'male fragrance message board', so just indulge the people who may have missed a subject and ignore their thread. If the admin is having a bandwidth problem I'm sure he'll let us know. Nothing personal against anyone, it's just that the insistence on not starting a thread (and perhaps the expression of new thoughts and ideas) simply because a previous one exists can only stifle conversation instead of promote it, and there's no real downside beyond having some threads to skip over. OK back to your regularly scheduled programing.

smeller

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Sorry to a bit off topic and to use this as my vehicle for going into this, but why exactly does it matter if there's a repetitive post? I don't remember seeing the previous Chanel poll, and just because there was one a few weeks ago doesn't mean every person on this board saw it or has a chance to participate. When I see a repetitive post I'm not interested in, I just don't open the thread. It's pretty simple. I'm tired of being paranoid that I may ask something someone mentioned in a thread six months ago and thus piss someone off. There's a limited number of topics on a 'male fragrance message board', so just indulge the people who may have missed a subject and ignore their thread. If the admin is having a bandwidth problem I'm sure he'll let us know. Nothing personal against anyone, it's just that the insistence on not starting a thread (and perhaps the expression of new thoughts and ideas) simply because a previous one exists can only stifle conversation instead of promote it, and there's no real downside beyond having some threads to skip over. OK back to your regularly scheduled programing.
    You are overreacting here.

I just recommended the original poster (which you aren't) that the search button could answer his question. I was trying to HELP him, because there is a VERY recent thread with identical subject. He seems to be a new member, and new members usually are not acquainted with all the site resources. I even gave my opinion on the asked subject.

Honestly, I'm afraid the original poster didn't noticed the previous thread. If he tells me "hey, I just want, intentionally, start it all over again with different people", that's totally OK to me. I see no point on doing that, , that's why I tried to HELP.

I insist: read properly my post: there's no bashing, no "pissing off". Not at all.

Now about the "OK back to your regularly scheduled programing" part: I don't feel offended. Just follow the rules. I'm following, but I'm not sure about you and your aggressive/ironic remark.
    Last edited by smeller; 29th September 2008 at 03:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think Pour Monsieur is a prototype for a whole generation of masculine fragrances that came after it. Just like Cool Water and Declaration are the progenitors of the last 15 years' worth of masculines, so was Pour Monsieur the ancestor of many midcentury masculines. Also, to me it is the reference chypre, even more so than Mitsouko, because it's just straight up chypre with nothing extraneous added. Finally, it is timelessly, flawlessly elegant, and if you're looking for the quintessential French masculine, you basically have a choice between this and Jicky - but Pour Monsieur is much more compatible with modern sensibilities.
    Last edited by kopah; 29th September 2008 at 01:03 PM.