Code of Conduct

Thread: GUCCI Envy.

Default GUCCI Envy.

I concider to by Guccy Envy because all the good reviews here. I`we never tried it before, but it sounds exciting! But is it a casual ore a formal scent? I often use white/light-blue shirt, blazer-jacket, black leather shoes and belt, and sometimes with a tie.. I am 34 years old, slim, and like the classic style fashjon..
    So the question is.... Might this be something for me??

Default Re: GUCCI Envy.

I am a little older (than you), not so slim, almost never wear a jacket and I would wear this to work or if I were to ever go out. I love this stuff. This is the one frag that my wife and I both agree on that smells good on me. So I wear it any time of the day. I just don't wear it during the summer.

Have you sampled it? I love the stuff. If you do too, then buy it and enjoy it.

My first love, and I liked it when I was twelve(I had awesome taste, even at that age in my smellies). So don't be scared you are about to experience something beautiful and manly.
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Gucci Envy is nice, but Jack Black's, Black Mark is, in my opinion, very similar but more refined and complex. Plus, Black Mark is an EDP, instead of an EDT, meaning more potency.

I wouldn't deem Envy as sexy, more nice and inoffensive. It's also very weak for an EDT but is a very flexible scent. It's not as sophisticated as some make it out to be.

I think is casual and formal....Very versatile.....For everyday wearing, why not? Sure.

Personally, I consider Envy as an average fragance, nothing extraordinaire with that bottle. I m always comparing with other great greens like Esencia de Loewe and of course, Van Cleef pour homme.

PS : I know Esencia and VC are other concepts, but I don t know why I m always comparing. Maybe coz they are in the green side
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok! It`s hard to find here in Norway, but in the middle of October i`m going to Germany, and i will try out Gucci Envy, YSL Opium PH, and Joop PH.. Looking forward to it!!

oki! Today i tested Envy for the first time, and it was ok, but nothing more... It was not like.. WoW!! this is so good etc.. it was smelling good, but i missed the "X-factor" in it... I tried the Egoiste to, and that`s a realy masterpiece! Nothing is comparable to this one! Exelent!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Gucci Envy is nice, but Jack Black's, Black Mark is, in my opinion, very similar but more refined and complex. Plus, Black Mark is an EDP, instead of an EDT, meaning more potency.
    The directory reviews liken Black Mark to Gucci Pour Homme .
    I was hoping it was a stronger longer lasting Envy .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    The directory reviews liken Black Mark to Gucci Pour Homme .
    I was hoping it was a stronger longer lasting Envy .
    If thats so I may have to try some of this stuff. Although since no one in Aus seems to stock it, it may end up a blind buy.
    Gucci pour homme had a bit too much pencil shavings & Envys just too bloody weak (not that Gucci pour Homme was any kind of longevity champion)
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

in my opinion, Pour Homme II is the best Gucci-scent..

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    in my opinion, Pour Homme II is the best Gucci-scent..
    *scratches head*

I am 22 (but far more dapper than my friends) and love Gucci Envy for evening use. It is extremely strong, so be careful.

I agree with bokaba. It is strong. Unless I'm going out for an evening on the town, I generally want my cologne to be subtle, to not hit people over the head with the fact that I'm wearing a cologne. Envy is not very subtle.

It is nice, but I've soured on it. The opening notes are fantastic in woodsy/spicy kind of way, but I think the dry down (which lasts forever) feels cheap.

All of this is to say: I never wear it casually.

Oh and by the way, my style tends to be academic/conservative (blazers, polo shirts/button down shirts/sweaters, with jeans).