Code of Conduct
    Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Cosmetics and Grooming Products The Scents of Which You Wish Someone Would Bottle

I recently sampled a perfume that has a component that reminds me of my mom's eyeshadow when I was little. Not the color. The scent.

It was a little white compact, with blue roses on top, and inside was a pale grey eyeshadow that smelled so good! This perfume smelled vaguely like that eyeshadow. And I was excited to find a perfume that smells like it!

I also have some Guerlain lipstick that smells like raspberry. I hate the color, but I love the scent. I wonder if I'll ever find it in perfume form.

A long time ago, I bought a tube of Rimmel lipstick, and it smelled vaguely like chocolate. But after a few hours, it smelled more like rancid lard. The initial smell was nice though!

I *love* the smell of Jhirmack Shine Shampoo and I wish it came in perfume form. I also miss the smell of Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo (the original, not the spin-offs with the orgasmic commercials), and a perfume with that scent would please me! Another shampoo that I wish someone would bottle as a perfume is the old Perma Soft shampoo, which is no longer being made.

Default Re: Cosmetics and Grooming Products The Scents of Which You Wish Someone Would Bottle

A softer version of the Dove Cream Bar
    Nivea Aftershave Balm for Sensitive Skin
    Body Shop Almond Body Wash

Those are my top 3 at the moment
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cosmetics and Grooming Products The Scents of Which You Wish Someone Would Bottle

Hugo Naturals Melon Geranium body butter - This is very fresh, and light. The melon gives it a cool sweetness and the geranium is smooth simple.
    Rusk Moist conditioner Like the body butter this too is a little sweet, a little floral, but not too sweet and not too floral.
    Phyto's phytobaumme conditoner with mallow There's something comforting about this scent, like rice pudding. Only not a gourmand.
    The Body Shops' hemp hand lotion. It smells like hippies.
    Last edited by debbborra; 30th September 2008 at 04:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    The Body Shops' hemp hand lotion. It smells like hippies.
    LOL....

The "hippie smell" is probably the odor of hemp, patchouli, some herbals and perhaps something like sandalwood in that lotion?
    I am NOT my hair, I am NOT my skin ; I AM the soul that lives within!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to love the scent of Blended Beauty (and their kiddie version Blended Cutie) hair products, before they reformulated. The old version smelled like almond cookies or marzipan (almond paste.) The new version is heavy on what smells like cinnamon and other spices with a much lighter base of almond.

L'Oreal makes one of their lipstick lines (in a pale beige-pink pearly colored tube) that was so sickly fruity-sweet it made me gag every time I wore - smelled and tasted - one of them. Too bad, because I loved the a couple of those (unique) shades and have yet to find matching dupes.
    Last edited by Ruqayya33; 14th November 2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: adding something

Post Thanks / Like

I love the smell of Lancome's lipsticks- sort of rose-y.
    Also, the scent of Jergens (that cherry- almond) is so inviting, I'd like to see it developed a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda OT, but I feel like sharing... LOL

Was looking through a fashion mag, earlier today and got a whiff of DK's Cashmere Mist. (It's on my list to test.) I kept wondering why the scent on that little cotton piece (it's not the typical paper strip....) seemed so familiar to me - and then it hit me. It reminded me of the scent of some higher-end lipsticks. (Not in a bad way, though.)
    Last edited by Ruqayya33; 15th November 2008 at 06:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The soon discontinued Body Shop line "Japanese Hotsprings" was available around 2001 and had a body lotion and talcum powder with an amazing dry benzoin woody cedar scent, reminding me of FdB minus the flowers.

A body oil in the same line had a wonderful musty, earthy wood with hinoki and cedars that was almost mushroomy in it's wetness before it settled on the skin and let out its warmth.

I'd like these two as edp or parfum very much.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I recently went online to re-order my favorite shampoo, only to find it is truly discontinued. Agh! I've been using some cheap shampoo for the past few months, trying to make my meager supply last. And there is no comparison. This stuff really made my hair -- which is wavy and frizzy when not tamed -- behave. And now it's gone.

And the smell. Seriously, I went back to using it the last two days, and I could have locked myself in the bedroom and played with my hair all day.

OH! Does *anyone* know of any perfumes that smell like the now discontinued Jhirmack Shine Shampoo?
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Post Thanks / Like

The bar soaps of Nesti Dante- any product by this manufacturer

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Clarins Body Shaping Cream - I love the smell !
    Dove Winter Care bar - if that were a perfume I would buy it.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.