Code of Conduct

Default Ramon Molvisar scents at Parfumsraffy?

Anyone tried these really expensive scents?? Just happened to stumble across them while browsing the site. Black Diamond bottle looks awesome! Supposedly, these are from Spain. Sucks that the site doesn't offer samples of these. Upwards of $200 is just a bit too much for a blind buy.

Anyone?

Default Re: Ramon Molvisar scents at Parfumsraffy?

Vijay sent me samples of most of them, a few weeks ago, and none of them bowled me over. Most of them lacked any real substance and came across as painfully nondescript. I would only advise those who love musk-based scents to investigate these as that is essentially what most of them are.
    Last edited by Trebor; 28th September 2008 at 10:14 PM.

anyone who's been around since 1980 and is that obscure you have to wonder why

Sun and Moon are certainly unisex though they say they're women's on the site. I wore White Goldskin part of the day yesterday and while it was nice and inoffensive, it didn't really excite me much. I've only dabbed Black Goldskin on, but from that taste it's something I think I'd enjoy much more. I'll get around to a full wear of it before long.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by perfumeboss View Post
    anyone who's been around since 1980 and is that obscure you have to wonder why
    1980?! Really? I overlooked that small detail. Yes, after trying their fragrances, I definitely know why this house has remained obscure. I even lived in Spain for three years and never saw anything in department stores, such as El Corte Ingles, nor heard anyone mention them (and I interacted with Spaniards from all social classes).
    Last edited by Trebor; 28th September 2008 at 10:32 PM.

Blog Entries

I tried those samples, too and had the same reaction. Mostly light musk. Pretty pricey and each one fairly indistinct from the other. Plus, some had gold sparkles in them. EEK! That's definitely over the line.

Vijay (BN id 'maisonstinky') sent me samples with my last order as well (he has a fragrance shop) you might want to check out his website (suravionline) or contact him to buy samples. I haven't gotten around to trying them yet but they're next on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Vijay sent me samples of most of them, a few weeks ago, and none of them bowled me over. Most of them lacked any real substance and came across as painfully nondescript.
    Kinda makes you wonder how they can get away with charging those kind of prices for such average scents.

Although .......... dare I say the "C" word? ............

I wrist tested Black Goldskin and though it was OK. Probably not for me though. The gold leaf particles in the juice is just wrong if you ask me.

Vijay / maisonstinky sent me a sample of it when I ordered some Montale samples from him. if you are interested in sampling the molivisar line, PM maisonstinky.