Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: aqaba

  1. #1

    Default aqaba

    I don't know what's happened, but suddenly I crave perfumes the way I crave food. I guess I blame you people, and this site. What happened to me.
    I don't have a lot of money, so I want to be fairly careful with my purchases. I'm buying some samples. Aqaba and Aqaba Spring sound too delicious to bypass, my question is, they also have a sampler pack called Jewels of Aqaba, do I want that too?
    Will I like Aqaba do you think?
    I like spicy For instance I'm fond of Narsisco Rodrigues for her, but I find it's sometimes a bit medicinal.
    I love Annick Goutal Passion (not really spicy, but it's a fragrance that does it for me) but find it a little strong at times.
    Do you think I'm going to be happy with Aqaba?

  2. #2

    Default Re: aqaba

    Well, there are plenty of great and super-cheap fragrances, so just be patient and find out which ones are for you, then you can get them at yard sales, on ebay, and you can also buy or swap here. I bought a bunch of different "cheapos" that had good reviews here on BN and took time to understand them, and that was an excellent approach that kept costs down. Also, swapping for samples helped too.

  3. #3

    Default Re: aqaba

    Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    I don't know what's happened, but suddenly I crave perfumes the way I crave food. I guess I blame you people, and this site. What happened to me.
    I don't have a lot of money, so I want to be fairly careful with my purchases. I'm buying some samples. Aqaba and Aqaba Spring sound too delicious to bypass, my question is, they also have a sampler pack called Jewels of Aqaba, do I want that too?
    Will I like Aqaba do you think?
    I like spicy For instance I'm fond of Narsisco Rodrigues for her, but I find it's sometimes a bit medicinal.
    I love Annick Goutal Passion (not really spicy, but it's a fragrance that does it for me) but find it a little strong at times.
    Do you think I'm going to be happy with Aqaba?
    I personally found the Aqaba I sampled resembled potpourri too much for my liking. I cannot remember which it was, though. It was only a brief sniff, however, so I cannot attest to the drydown.

  4. #4

    Default Re: aqaba

    Hmm. Potpourri might be a bit too interesting. Maybe I should wait for the next time I'm in the city. I could go to bendel's and try it on there.

  5. #5

    Default Re: aqaba

    I went ahead and ordered all five samples.
    I also ordered samples from the perfumed court and from L'Artisan. Next time Parfumeri Generale.

  6. #6

    Default Re: aqaba

    Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    I went ahead and ordered all five samples.
    I also ordered samples from the perfumed court and from L'Artisan. Next time Parfumeri Generale.
    How exciting! Please do tell us what you think. For your sake I hope my association with potpourri was way off.

  7. #7

    Default Re: aqaba

    Ha! Thanks Docman. See, and I was thinking, I like some potpourri. We'll see how it shakes out. If it's stinky, I will come back and proclaim that you were right to warn me.

  8. #8

    Default Re: aqaba

    I loved how it started off. I was really happy walking out the door. By the time I got to work, I thought, this is very nice, but it's very masculine.
    Someone in the office said, "hmm, it smells like something."
    I finally figured out what; I think it smells like a very nice shaving cream.
    Still, I'm looking forward to trying out Aqaba Spring.

  9. #9

    Default Re: aqaba

    Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    I loved how it started off. I was really happy walking out the door. By the time I got to work, I thought, this is very nice, but it's very masculine.
    Someone in the office said, "hmm, it smells like something."
    I finally figured out what; I think it smells like a very nice shaving cream.
    Still, I'm looking forward to trying out Aqaba Spring.
    Ah, glad you enjoyed it. Which one did you sample?

    Are any of them giving you a potpourri connection?

Similar Threads

  1. Why does it take so long to get fragrances on list
    By Strange Accord in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th May 2006, 12:14 PM
  2. Miriam Mirani - Aqaba and all the rest
    By dinazad in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th November 2005, 05:38 AM
  3. Aqaba by Miriam Mirani
    By Perfume_Addict in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th June 2005, 03:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •