Code of Conduct

Default Creed Bois Du Portugal

This morning I received my bottle (75ml), hard to find here and expensive. Dont ask me how much I paid grrr.
    Elegant, classy, critrus, velvet, silky and woody, complex. However not my cup of tea there is something in there that is not for me, some spicy note in there that bothers me.
    This was a blind purchase. Lesson learned.
    Last edited by Basteri; 30th September 2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: must go to the marketplace forum instead

Default Re: Creed Bois Du Portugal

Sorry B
    but this should be in the marketplace

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

sorry I did not realize there is a market place forum where you can swap, that is nice.
    I tried to moved it there but seems you need 500 post to even swap fragrances.
    I will edit this one instead.
    thank you

Too bad. BdP is one of my favorites. Perhaps it was the smoky spicy lavender and cedarwood combo.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I love it! Sorry to hear you don't like it but you won't have any trouble selling it either...
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

I don't like it much either.. it's too strong for my taste.

to be honest I dont find it strong.. and I dont find any resemblance with Polo Green (classic).
    It is very elegant no doubt of it. There is a spicy note in there that I cant stand yet I dont know what it is, reminds me a some chemical product, cleaning product? Oh well. I am happy I tried though.
    With all due respect for the ones that really like this one, I think GIT puts this one to sleep.

Perhaps you might consider setting it aside for a month or two and retrying BdP before selling it. My nose has changed so much that many fragrances I initially disliked have become favorites of mine.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Perhaps you might consider setting it aside for a month or two and retrying BdP before selling it. My nose has changed so much that many fragrances I initially disliked have become favorites of mine.
    I agree with TwoRoads. I would put it aside and try it a little later.

I also personally find I like to wear this when the weather is colder.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I loved BdP upon first sniff and every time I open my flacon to sniff it seems to get better and better, sweeter and sweeter, woodier and woodier.

Maybe you should set it aside for a while and later consider cutting your losses and swapping or selling it. I usually wait a few months until I give up on a fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    There is a spicy note in there that I cant stand yet I dont know what it is, reminds me a some chemical product, cleaning product?
    Windex. Sometimes I get a Windex accord from this fragrance.

That is also and option that I have considered, my initial idea was to swap it with someone for different fragrance from Creed. No rush really. As tworoads have mentioned , I as well, have experienced that perfumes that I did not like in the past I do now.
    This one I have a hard time feeling it on me, usually when I wear a new fragrance for a few weeks it is present on my own nose all the time, with this one I have to look for it, smell my hands, my shirt.. maybe it is just my imagination :-)

I bought a bottle not too long ago and it smells quite a bit different from the samples I've had in the past. It seems stronger, and has a bit of a clove and pepper, or at least, a lot of spice smell to it that I hadn't noticed with the samples. Anyone else notice this?
    Last edited by PJX007; 30th September 2008 at 01:41 PM.

The duke . windex! that is it. bingo. I knew it was something chemical, like a cleaning product but I could not come up with what is was.

I am with TwoRoads on this one. Just give it a chance. It is a babe (or dude) magnet! I had a decant and got a compliment EVERY time I wore BdP. I say give it a month and try it again. Of course I mentioned my story with BdP to my uncle who now owns a bottle and has had the same experience. It is a strange (at first) scent that you will eventually crave.

Good luck.

I love the smoky-sweet-creamy ambergris base of BdP. I think it is beautiful and perfectly balanced. It is a masterful creation.

The duke . windex! that is it. bingo. I knew it was something chemical, like a cleaning product but I could not come up with what is was.
    Perhaps the sharp edge in BdP reminds you of Windex' ammonia component?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

i think its the same herb used (amplified) in PDN New York...is it thyme?

btw, if you felt BdP wasnt ur type becoz of (presuming) this note..then steer clear from PDN NY....

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Perhaps the sharp edge in BdP reminds you of Windex' ammonia component?

the above reference is so true...im talkin about the same note.

btw, I really liked BdP..its in middle of PDN NY and Chanel PM...takin the best of both..
    Last edited by jenson; 30th September 2008 at 03:40 PM.

yes Steve, it is that sort of acid note, window cleaner, at first I thought it was some spice. It is very distinctive but you guys nailed it. Thank you.

I got the same windex "accord" when I first sniffed BdP...but I gave it another try after 4 months of sniffing various scents and my opinion of BdP transformed completely. Let it settle down after the initial blast, Let the potion settle on your skin and after 20-30 minutes or so it settles into something sweet but classy. Don't be in a rush to trade this one off. I'd wait a couple months or longer and re-try it, like some people here have said. You may change your mind.

thank you all for your opinion. I will give it a second try later on, one month or so. BdP is going back to his box, it was a short trip out.
    Now I have to get my hands in Imperal and Himalaya, the first is coming from NYC in two weeks.
    cheers!

Imperial!!! My favorite! The melon note is just sublime.
    Himalaya...I'll let you experience for yourself, when you first sniff, cierra tus ojos y imaginate en las Montanas!

:-) me lo imagino.. I hope Imperial make a better first impression than BdP .
    Himalaya is next in line.

Thumbs up Re: Creed Bois Du Portugal

Gee. I love it!!! You won't have a problem on Market place trying to sell it. I might put in for it.

Blog Entries

the lesson learned is: NEVER buy Creed stuff blind....you're gonna hate it.

I love it, but like New York by PdN better for the price difference.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Of course body chemistry means a lot here. What it smells like on subject A is usually different than what it smells like on subject B! It can be the difference here. Same can be said of smelling scents out of the bottle. I find MOST fragrances to be alcohol strong and almost sickening out of the bottle, but applied and then mixed with the persons body chemistry (oils, natural pheromones, glandular secretions) gives you the total sum! Some days certain scents work better than on other days! Hence in the summer where more sweat may be produced, or in the winter where less. In the summer skin can be more oily than in the winter months etc... I would never judge a fragrance after one, or two or even three tries. Give it time then judge! And never smell out of the bottle!!! After that if you still find it doesn't agree with you, than its just not made for your body type. Perhaps your allergic to the constituents? People can be allergic to very things that MAKE the fragrance!

To me it smells like a chinese herbal pharmacy, the type that sells gingseng and shrooms. It smells tooooo woody; negative associations, but some people really like it.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

sorry I did not realize there is a market place forum where you can swap, that is nice.
    I tried to moved it there but seems you need 500 post to even swap fragrances.
    I will edit this one instead.
    thank you
    Great !
    A good idea is to put it in your signature
    Anyway Basteri , welcome & I look forward to you ticking up 500 & beyond .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post

I have to agree, despite loving several Creeds. It's risky. It was only after taking my time to sample and wear things a time or two that I found the ones I loved. Some of the ones I was supposed to like (GIT, SMW) would have been wasted money. But BdP was one of my faves, and it did grow on me. I'm still missing the boat on Himalaya. And for a long time I had no idea why people liked MI, but after I fell for Bond's Wall Street (a semi-clone), I finally liked MI (though not as much).

Another thing - the strength of the scents is very inconsistent. Some require a really light hand, while others need a good dousing - and it's independent of the type of frag (EDT or Millesime). One more reason to take your time and experiment before banishing a scent.

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post

Honestly, can't that be said for pretty much ANY fragrance? Why single out just one house just because you personally don't like their frags?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Scott1971 View Post
    Honestly, can't that be said for pretty much ANY fragrance? Why single out just one house just because you personally don't like their frags?
    Exactly.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I am currently wearing BdP after a lunctime visit to Harvey Nichols in Knightsbridge.

I've tried wearing this many many times and really just don't get what the fuss is about. I don't particularly like the smoky tobacco thing happening in the drydown.

Each to his own I guess, give me Heritage anyday which is perfection from top notes to drydown or PdN New York.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Mine is now back in his box and waiting for a swap or sale... definitely not for me.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott1971 View Post
    Honestly, I feel like this advice is preached heavily around here, as it should, buying any fragrance blind is a really bad move. When we get the Q's from the newbies asking "choose one of these scents so I can buy it and seduce women, etc..." The first thing I tell them is, dude go try them on and see how they smell on you, but, hell, never buy it blind. Consider this a lesson learned Basteri.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 3rd October 2008 at 04:49 PM.

:-) me lo imagino.. I hope Imperial make a better first impression than BdP .
    Himalaya is next in line.
    I guess so! you will like them at first sniff. Just as i did. Because they smell very different from scents you've experienced so far.
    i always thought judged by some reviews BdP would smell dated. But it doesnt at all! I could easily wear it and definitely am going to!

I am actually gonna order a sample of BDP today from another BN and, if I like it, then I will buy.

Don't get me wrong it smells class and mature sophistication from every angle, it also smells different from everything else I have smelled before but , it is not just for me. I was looking for something else.
    Lesson learned, specially when the fragrance in question is that expensive.

Don't get me wrong it smells class and mature sophistication from every angle, it also smells different from everything else I have smelled before but , it is not just for me. I was looking for something else.
    Lesson learned, specially when the fragrance in question is that expensive.
    Yea, is it like a tradational oriental? Do you like oriental frags?

I don't think it should be considered an oriental, perhaps some more knowledgeable basenoter could clarify it.
    I think BdP is very sublet soft masculine fragrance. As I explain before it is the sort of fragrance that on me results very shy, almost invisible. It is there but you have to look for it, makes me feel like I am the only one noticing it and for that I have to smell my hand or my own shirt.

Luca Turin describes it as a "Woody Oriental". That is enough experience for me.

there you go, woody oriental then, thanks

Hey, did you give this stuff a full wearing yet? I am wearing it today; did not dig it so much at first sniff but it smells much much better on my skin.