Code of Conduct

Default Gucci Envy or Viktor/Rolf Antidote?

Hey, I am a 19 y/o male in college. I went out and bought Bulgari Aqva this summer and feel it is my go-to scent during summer. However, I am looking for something a little different now that it's getting really cold. These two caught my eye, but I was wondering what you all think of them. At first glance, it seems like antidote is a little more complex? Just seems like there's a little more going on than with Envy. However, I would love to hear about some more scents you might think would go well for a kid during winter. Polo Double Black also caught my eye. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gucci Envy or Viktor/Rolf Antidote?

I really like Envy. I think it's better than Antidote but that's just me. I also like Double Black. They are all good so it's pretty much up to you to decide what you like more.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

ive used envy for oearly a decades and i fu wan my hnoest opinion, i stongly advice againt it. its verty watered down, what i can be 90% sure is that u will enjoy paco rabanne ph, aramis tuscanny( imo then quintessential one), guerlain vetiver, L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme, fahrenheit ,givenchy ghentleman(if u can tke deep leathery scent that it opens with, nut the drying down layers is one of the best ive ever used. i use load of bvg aqua and have 4 back up bottles of those. With aqua a bench mark, envy will almost bt surely be disappointinig. the recent envy has poor longevity and bevery monotanous sillage - the very opposite of aqua.Bvlggair ph,m bvlgair ph soir andbvg extreme are myy favorite to suggest in ur situation. I am very very sure Envy has been dilutedcoz its contantly benn in my collectio n for 8-10 years now, and i can tell the diff fron thew bottles of the past2-3 years.try tjhose i mentioned. esp bvg extreme and paco, if u need help locating a sample, just pm me
    by all means sample till u find a one that suits you. but dont give up on a scen after just 3-4 tries. wea it for a week or idealy 2 weeks - you should have a more comprehensive judgement after.

chhers
    Last edited by MFJ; 9th October 2008 at 07:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

First and foremost, Yes, the Red Sox rule!!!!!!!

I bought Envy this spring and have been very pleased with my purchase, especially now that it is getting cold here in upstate NY. Has it been watered down from 10 years ago? Maybe, but many are not the same anymore. Great fragrance still, definitely a cold weather one. Completely different from the Aqua Bvlgari. Also look at Carven Homme, Floris Santal, Aigner Black, Chanel Egoiste and even the Gucci Pour Homme. Love them, all cooler weather ones.

Edit: The Gucci PH and the Egoiste might be a little "old" for you.
    Last edited by Mattybumpkin; 9th October 2008 at 12:37 AM.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Current Rotation: Terre D'Hermes, Boucheron PH, Villoresi Uomo, Green Irish Tweed, Chanel PMC, Gucci PH, Floris Santal, Carven Homme, Dunhill '34, PI by Givenchy, Parfums de Nicolai New York

i tried envy twice
    but its just not fitting my age! and im 26 already! I would go for Antidote
    Almost bought it!! Its amazing
    Last edited by crunkjuice; 12th October 2008 at 09:59 AM.

Talking Re: Gucci Envy or Viktor/Rolf Antidote?

I love Antidote. When I tried on Envy my 12 y/o daughter said "It's been done." ?! To her it smelled similar to many other fragrances. I have to agree.

Post Thanks / Like

To put it short:
    I gave away my bottle of Envy to my father. I have repurchased Antidote.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Antidote is an amazing frag that has more evolution, smells more natural, and on me, has more longevity than Envy. I do really enjoy Envy, but Antidote is in my top 5. Very unique.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Crunk,

Why don't you read the thread completely.....

PS - "However, I would love to hear about some more scents you might think would go well for a kid during winter. "
    Last edited by Mattybumpkin; 10th October 2008 at 03:12 AM. Reason: spelling
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Current Rotation: Terre D'Hermes, Boucheron PH, Villoresi Uomo, Green Irish Tweed, Chanel PMC, Gucci PH, Floris Santal, Carven Homme, Dunhill '34, PI by Givenchy, Parfums de Nicolai New York

Thanks for all the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Antidote, i got it for my bf and it seems to smell different every day. Maybe it is that complex that depending on heat and other things some notes become stronger and others weaker. Itīs almost like I gave him 3 different perfumes, all beautiful.

Iīd sum up antidote as masculine, sexy, private. Itīs not a sillage monster but you do smell good when someone gets close to you.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.