Code of Conduct

Default Can anyone suggest some scents to try?

I had an epiphany today about what I like.
    I like things that start fresh and crisp but not sharp, and finish sweet and soft.
    I don't love orange, or grapefruit, but I do like lemon and tangerine. I am ok with things that are a bit candied, but that can go too far (I like princess but find covet a bit too sweet.)
    My two favorites right now, are Agua Allegoria Laurier-Reglisse and Annick Goutal's passion. I want something for winter. I'm afraid of really big perfumes, like #5, and like my florals floral, but not cloying.
    Do you have any ideas for me?

Default Re: Can anyone suggest some scents to try?

A few that come to my mind:

212 Sexy
    Boss Femme
    Estee Lauder Emerald Dream
    Hanae Mori Eau Fraiche
    Burberry Tender Touch

Please sample, sample, and sample
    Last edited by silverbullet; 1st October 2008 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    A few that come to my mind:

Please sample, sample, and sample
    I'm going to take that advice. And try the suggestions too. The Boss and the Burberry look particularly interesting.

I don't know a lot of scents in that style, but here are a couple.
    Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil. It is citrus-y and has an interesting papryus, reed note. I like it a lot.
    A lovely classic EDC (much better than 4711) is Roger & Gallet's Extra Vielle, aka Jean Marie Farina. It has lovely lemon and some light florals, especially rose.
    Cheers,
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Both sound delicious.

Blog Entries

My wife likes these kind of scents, so I will second the suggestion of Un Jardin sur le Nil, and will add the possibility of Creed's Bois de Cedrat. The latter is a wonderful lemony scent that is never sharp, always soft. Very unisex citrus - we both love it. TDC's Bergamote is also nice in the same way.

Since you are skeptical of the old no. 5, make sure to sample Chanel's no.5 Eau Premiere. I was ho-hum about no. 5, but I find this new version lighter, more modern, and sexy in a classy way, while retaining all of the beauty of the original.

Blog Entries

Eau Sauvage is a bit of a classic....with a lemon-citrus bite, and then a smooth amber sort of dry down....

Thanks! Bergemote sounds especially intriguing because (don't laugh at me) I always loved the smell of Earl Grey. I've also been looking forward to trying some Creed fragrances.

I remember years ago shopping for a cologne for a boyfriend, and loving Sauvage. Am I thinking of the right thing? A Dior fragrance?

When I go to the city I'm going to print all of this out and bring it with me.

Yes, Eau Sauvage is by Dior and I agree with Everso... it is an absolute classic. It is in my top 10 fragrances. Marketed as a guy's fragrance but many women like it.
    If you find a Roger & Gallet source, you might also try Bouquet Imperiale. It is light but has lovely citrus-floral scents. & they have a new scent, I think it is called Cedrat which is a lemony scent.
    Another classic is Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte. I know you said you don't like orange so much but give this a try. It is really fresh and natural-smelling, and has a great green-leaf "twist."
    Cheers,
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

i second the motion on ~
    hanae mori fraiche
    it is a limited edition, so find it soon!

Silver Mountain Water by Creed. Starts off very crisp and fresh, with sweet black currants and slightly bitter green tea, then dries down to a soft and slightly sweet ambergris (musk).
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 18th November 2008 at 01:56 AM.