Code of Conduct

Thread: Cuir de Russie

Default Cuir de Russie

People speak very (very) highly of Chanel's Cuir de Russie, and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

To begin: I've started this thread in a discussion forum for men's fragrances. Was that a bad idea? Is Cuir de Russie too feminine to be 'pulled off' by a young man?

Also, how much can I expect to pay for CdR, and is it even worth it?

Thanks a lot!

Default Re: Cuir de Russie

Quote Originally Posted by DadaSiegt View Post
    People speak very (very) highly of Chanel's Cuir de Russie, and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

To begin: I've started this thread in a discussion forum for men's fragrances. Was that a bad idea? Is Cuir de Russie too feminine to be 'pulled off' by a young man?

Also, how much can I expect to pay for CdR, and is it even worth it?

Thanks a lot!
    It's great and it's generally considered unisex.... you might want to seek out a sample from someplace like theperfumedcourt.com before buying. Despite its name, it's not a heavy leather scent, but rather a lighter, aldehydic scent that hints at leather. The only 'authorized' place to purchase Cuir de Russie these days is at Chanel boutiques where the only size is 200ml for $190. There may be minis or older EdT bottles floating around or on eBay. I personally bought a large decant from TPC to hold me over until I buy a bottle someday. Good luck!