Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday 1 October 2008

Good morning!

Unpleasant weather so I am going to make myself a cappuccino with a large slice of abricot pie. Baked at four in the morning

Comfortable scent: Fendi's Theorema. Hmm, goes perfect with the sweet smell of those abricots......

A great Wednesday to you all.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 1 October 2008

I've caught the first cold of the season. I feel miserable but have to go to work. Feminite du bois for comfort.

Good morning!
    To alba <-- get well soon. I hope your SotD work wonder for your cold.

I'm wearing Dolce Vita.

Smile Re: SotD Wednesday 1 October 2008

Can I come over for some of that delicious abricot pie, R? I'm sure it tastes even better with this dreadful autumn weather.

For today's rainy weather, the sensual warmth of Lutens CHERGUI
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

I can tell it's time for elevenses by the way my stomach just growled at the thought of apricot pie!
    Still in the midst of the Big Clean before handing our old flat back to the rental company - they're sticklers here in Switzerland, so I'm being extra-paranoid and have gone through litres of Cillit Bang (Bang! Und der schmutz ist weg!) and Barkeeper's Friend ensuring everything is sparkling. After one last wipe down with my chamois leather, the place will be fit for Howard Hughes on a picky day.

I'm in Jil Sander Sun and it works very well in this crisp, blustery autumn weather that blew the clothes off my washing line this morning. (Note to self - find where the pegs went during the house move...)

Have a good day all
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Kenzo Flowers le Parfum
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Off to work, in Cuir de Lancome.
    Oh, my.
    I'm a gorgeous ole smeller, I am.

Had an amazing day at Brandeis Hillel yesterday; Jacob resolved his crisis in faith- but the rabbi there is a wonder.
    Not a shred of ego, all the love in the world, and looks like a beatific, giant bald Lithuanian baby....

Can rabbis have two wives ?
    Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Love you all !
    Happy Eid !

Love's True Bluish Light

Dzing!

Have a great day!
    Last edited by *dora*; 1st October 2008 at 10:22 AM.

Looks like the apricot pie worked miracles on the weather - there's some sun peeking out from under the torrential rain.
    Bvlgari's Eau Parfumée Au Thé Rouge will have to substitute pies for me, and it does in fact invoke scrumptious desserts more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by paula View Post
    Love's True Bluish Light
    just got a new bottle of this one for my daughter. it's her favorite and it's my favorite on her.

me, I'm in Vamp. This has become a staple for me. Very comforting. Very feminine.
    Soft. Sweet.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Feel better, Alba!
    Chaya dear, Happy Eid! I took your advice and googled Rabbi A and he most definitely sounds like my kind of people. What a darling!

Sharing the house with Riannon,

Fendi Asja
    Notes: carnation, apricot, peach, clove bud oil, rose, jasmine, ylang ylang, allspice, patchouli, amber, musk, honey

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sampling Andy Tauer's Vetiver Dance, launched today.

It is rather beautiful. I feel and smell splendid.

Eid Mubarak, all!

Trying something new today.

Loewe pour Homme

I like it but it doesn't stand out for me. I think anything after yesterday's Lyric would have suffered the same fate. That one just got better as the day went on.

Have a great day everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Anné Pliska EdP today.

Oh dear! A cold.One of the drawbacks of Fall....good excuse for hot toddies!! Sending healing energy, dear Alba.

Hmmnnn. Apricots. Couldn't decide what to wear and that's OBVIOUSLY the sign from the Universe - so CSP Vanille Abricot.

At first I get more V than A...but she quickly settles down. It'll be in the eighties again today (Fall doesn't really arrive here until the end of this Month or early November) so I'm up for tropical embraces!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus

tdi picked Silver Factory for me today.

It is such a complex incense fragrance on my skin. I've been craving incense all summer & the desire to wear this family of fragrances has yet to abate. Some have said that this is just an expensive version of CDG's incense. Certainly there are similaritites but SF is much more complex, imo.

SF is the fragrance version of the Three Faces of Eve. There's a smoky violet cigarette phase, an incense phase & a soft ambery floral phase.

Here's the notes: Incense, wood resin, amber, jasmine, iris and violet
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Mauboussin here for me today, significantly cooler in the morning. I can wear it in any weather though and have three different size bottles. Thanks to Miss Q. I now have a mini for travels!

Would not mind a large slice of that apricot pie with some freshly ground nutmeg sprinkled on top.

Mmmm.....pie.......

Prada Infusion d'Iris this morning. Courtesy of ScentBro - SMM.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Testing Drole de Rose (thanks tdi ). Really like it but I'm not sure if it's better than Lipstick Rose. Gotta go compare!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Continuing to wear Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain as SotD.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Ava Luxe's Turkish Vanilla...mmmmmmmmm!

Chanel Sycomore

SotD : L'Ombre dans L'Eau - Diptyque

SotE : Dia - Amouage

Poor Alba, chicken soup will make you feel better! I wonder if they have it as a scent, l'eau de chicken soup. LOL

Baking at 4am? I'm doubly impressed.

Feeling some boozy warmth in my Spiriteuse Double Vanille.

Have a good day everyone!
    Last edited by dimples; 1st October 2008 at 01:41 PM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

CDG Avignon from Taolady () layered with Abdul Kareem Egyptian Musk

Abricot pie, yummy!!!

Sisley Eau De Campagne for the day.

Spicy, sexy & suave: Catalyst for Men by Halston

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

It's sunny here in Virginia. Rain is predicted, though. We've had a lot of rain lately, but we needed the water so it's a good thing. Now I just have to attack the weeds and do some fall gardening.

I'm scent twins with Paula today in Ava Luxe's Love's True Bluish Light - that was earlier this morning, and now I have Serge Lutens' Sarrasins on my wrists. Doing the Basenotes salute with that one.

Enjoy the day.

Sur la Plage

SOTD: Yves Saint-Laurent Kouros
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Wearing Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin this am (chosen by Ineespenes:wave. Yummy fragrance, I don't know why I don't wear it more often. You all smell fabulous today by the way!

Well everyone smells just delicious today!!!
    My head is spinning LOL!!!

Riannon is making me crave pie,
    Jasper Dolce Vita,
    Brotha Chergui!
    Wordbird Sun!!!
    and it goes on......
    with Love's True Bluish Light,
    Dzing!, & Anné Pliska,
    not to even mention CSP Vanille Abricot!
    and Mauboussin.
    I LOVE L'Instant de Guerlain
    and Spiriteuse Double Vanille

I want to inhale you all LOL!

....and today I'm wearing
    Vivienne Westwood • Anglomania
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Pleasures Delight which I haven't worn since August. It got me a compliment so maybe I should start wearing it more often.

Le Labo Rose 31

I should learn to not sample things that are beyond the scope of my pocketbook.

Eau d'Hadrien
    It's ok. Smells a little like celery on me.

Dragon Lady, I am NOT happy to hear you're baking pies at 4 am instead of sleeping, but I sure would like a piece, please

Scent sister to *Dora* in L'Artisan Parfumeur

Dzing!
    This one is weird and wonderful.

Chaya, is that huggable man in your pic Neil or do I need a(nother) pair of glasses?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

What is, for me, the quintessential scent of October: POTL Luctor et Emergo

{{Ubuandibeme}} - We almost did it again! I had my sample of Turkish Vanilla ready to go, but on the last minute, decided on POTL. You smell SO good!
    Last edited by Tovah; 1st October 2008 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    Le Labo Rose 31

I should learn to not sample things that are beyond the scope of my pocketbook.
    This 'happens' to me all the time! I always feel like it's possible to get by on a smaller decant...but later realize I still want the whole thing! I hate feeling the need to ration any frag!

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    What is, for me, the quintessential scent of October: POTL Luctor et Emergo

{{Ubuandibeme}} - We almost did it again! I had my sample of Turkish Vanilla ready to go, but on the last minute, decided on POTL. You smell SO good!
    TOVAH! You crack me up, but you're right! You know I've been sampling Antonia's Flowers...when I go to write a little commentary, I'm snickering as I preview your thoughts because they are so much the same as my own!

Basenotes Institution

Iris Silver Mist by Serge Lutens

Thanks to RHM, I'm wearing Creed Fleur de The Rose Bulgare, her choice for me today. Thanks! :wave: It's a perfectly fresh, light, and simple rose with nice lemony-green- citrus rounding it out. I haven't worn this in a while; it's wonderful to be revisiting it!

My first scent in the month of October is Neil Morris Aegean. Such a wonderful, perfect scent. Love it!!!

10 Corso Como- oud, roses, and sandalwood. I wish my skin smelled like this naturally.

It's October, my favorite month! I'm crazy busy at work (grrr...), but happy anyway. It's sunny and warm here. My arm - all by itself! - reached for the DIVINE BERGAMOTE this morning. Matches my day and mood perfectly!

Enjoy all your lovely scents!

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday to my favorite rogue, Mario Justiniani!

I wearing Black Cashmere today.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Smelling delicious and sweet for the new year in a blind buy courtesy of Quarry's DH...

Liz Claiborne Spark.

Notes: honey caramel, rose, and champagne, mid-notes of exotic orchid and cinnamon, basenotes of vanilla, musk, sandalwood and cedar.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

A "Happy Birthday" shout out to Mario (and yum, that cake!), and get-better-quick wishes to alba.

I actually put these on late last night, but since they're still humming along today, I'll treat them as my SotDs (or at least SotMs): Creed Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie on one arm and SL Rose de Nuit on the other. What wonderful treats from Taolady!

The Creed is my first Creed. After a lovely set of top notes, my skin turned this into hardcore soap, which lasted quite a bit. Then it turned back into lovely jasmine, with some spices. It kept morphing back and forth. Now, on the far drydown, it's absolutely lovely.

As for Rose de Nuit, what a fascinating frag as well. It reminds me of Rose Poivree, only without the pepper. But they both have the same fleshy-rose feeling. It has much better lasting power on me than RP, however, and I get more animalics from it than I did RP, which surprised me given RP's reputation. (Perhaps I got a reformulated RP.)
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Another PotL-wearer here. LOVE. IT.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

summer means fireflys

I'm testing Hanae Mori Magical Moon today, thanks to Quarry. :wave:
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Annayake - Miyako

Starting October in CdG Ourzazate

Red face Re: SotD Wednesday 1 October 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Dragon Lady, I am NOT happy to hear you're baking pies at 4 am instead of sleeping, but I sure would like a piece, please

Scent sister to *Dora* in L'Artisan Parfumeur

Dzing!
    This one is weird and wonderful.

Chaya, is that huggable man in your pic Neil or do I need a(nother) pair of glasses?

Right you are, love !
    The gorgeous redhead on the right is 'For the Love Of fragrance''s Tamara...a real sweetie.

Happy birthday to Mario!!!!! SotD for work was Attraction,a very neglected scent. SotE is Nahema.

SotE - L'Artisan Iris Pallada

Yup - Iris Pallada and Infusion d'Iris are similar. Iris Pallada is a bit more floral, Infusion d'Iris slightly more "leathery" (maybe more vetiver?).

Both smell pretty danged good.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

SotE: Chant d'Aromes from Coconut...haven't tried this in ages and I am loving it.
    akin to Attrape Couer, though more gentle, not as "suedey" , more like felt.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Guerlain Heritage

Czech & Speake No. 88

Multifaceted timeless classic feel

Could someone please tell me why so many people have one and same avatar today? It all started with Dimi, I s'pose....

Gorgeous weather today!

Mauboussin is still going strong!

Dior Homme today.