Code of Conduct

Default Zaharoff Fragrances

Greetings from to everyone at Basenotes Community!

My name is George Zaharoff and if you're a real fragrance connoisseur you're familiar with the Zaharoff fragrances (if not, google "Zaharoff Fragrance WWD" and you can read the articles).

I launched a 1.7 oz bottle of Zaharoff Pour Femme in one Nordstrom door in 1998 and slowly opened all their doors, then Bergdorf Goodman, and finally Neiman Marcus. Around 2000, I launched the very successful "Zaharoff Pour Homme" exclusive to Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. Over $50 million worth of the fragrance was sold in 10 years - including 150 Baccarat limited edition parfum bottles. The entire family is on www.georgezaharoff.com

The fragrance industry is very capital intensive and everything had been done in-house. The Zaharoff fragrance grew rapidly to the point where we were just about to sign onto an agreement with a much larger distributor. Literally September 11th, 2001 changed everything, and I decided to give myself a small break.

I destroyed ALL leftover product rather than sell it to secondary markets to keep the brand pristine (Zaharoff has several licenses for suits, shirts, furnishings, etc. sold at select Nordstrom doors).

With a redesigned packaging but the same "juice" I am going to relaunch the Zaharoff Pour Homme first via the www.zaharoff.com website just in time for the 2008 holidays and then slowly open distribution to select retailers in 2009.

Thank you for reading and if anyone has any questions about Zaharoff or everything from creating a fragrance to packaging to marketing, I am intimately familiar with this industry, since I've been through it all.

Best wishes,
    George Zaharoff

Default Re: Zaharoff Fragrances

p messaged you

The mystery is solved! Now I know what happened to the exquisite fragrance I have worn since 1998. I have only 1/4 bottle left of Zaharoff eau de parfum (believe me there is no more to be found anywhere in the world -I have searched endlessly) I am euphoric that you are re-introducing the line! I read you are starting with the pour homme (for men) first? How soon will you re-introduce the women's line? I can barely contain my enthusiasm!

Hello Tybee!

Yes the mystery is solved! (laughing)

I am so sorry you have to hear this, but the men's fragrance is going to be introduced first. It actually took FOUR years to actually pull everything together. We were having discussions about the Zaharoff Pour Femme and might do something about it towards the end of the year.

The best bet is to register with www.zaharoff.com or just keep your eyes on the website.

It's an honour from my side that you love my creation - it is one of the finest fragrances, made with a great deal of love.

GZ

Thumbs up Re: Zaharoff Fragrances

I loved that stuff. I never owned a bottle though. I tried it on my hand once & I loved it. Good thing you're bringing it back.

best of luck welcome back

Looking forward to the re-release!

Will there be a party?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Looking forward to the re-release!

Will there be a party?
    And will there be free samples?
    I love cologne.

Hello GZ,
    Thank you so much for responding.
    I applaud your patience (4 years) and admire your passion. (Found your quotes from your website stimulating!)
    I went directly to your site and signed up for "the latest" information available.
    Hope all is progressing well with the fruition of the finest fragrances in the world.
    Sincerely,
    Tybee

Any updates on this? It's been a while. I've registered with the website and haven't heard anything.

Perhaps the business plan failed, would not be the only one. I must say the self-presentation of Mr. Zaharoff as a gentleman is somewhat too pretentious for a true gentleman. Maybe the perfume is good...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Call me a cynical New Yorker, but

I think Tybee is a shill. Can't help but notice that both Mr. Z and Tybee joined BN at the same time and neither has posted since.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Call me a cynical New Yorker, but

I think Tybee is a shill. Can't help but notice that both Mr. Z and Tybee joined BN at the same time and neither has posted since.
    I totally agree and I'm not even a New Yorker. But it seems this matter has run its course anyway. I notice Mr. Z also makes clothes, though I've never heard them mentioned in any relevant context (like askandy or styleforum).
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I was browsing Beauty Encounter and ran across the shower gel and aftershave/facial balm. Looks like the new stuff? I dunno. Or is it some old stock from Nordstroms or various other department stores that used to carry the line.