Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Jo Malone Sweet Lime and Cedar

I was talking to the Jo Malone rep at Saks today and she told me there was a new Jo Malone fragrance coming out in October - Sweet Lime and Cedar. She did not have a tester yet, but was expecting to have one next week. The notes sounded interesting - she showed me a hard copy list and I don't remember them all.

I haven't found too much on the web about this other then the name and when it is going to be released.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Jo Malone Sweet Lime and Cedar

I saw this too, I beleive on the Basenotes Directory. Looking forward to trying this one as well.

Blog Entries

I got a little luckier than you guys here at the Boston Saks as the Jo Malone rep did have a tester and I sprayed some on my wrist.
    I think this one is a winner as I've been bringing my wirst to my nose pretty consistently since spraying it on.
    The lime in this is very pronounced upon spraying it on but the cedar in the base is heavenly and really long-lasting as I am still able to enjoy my spritz almost nine hours later. Longevity is a Jo Malone bugaboo and this one doesn't seem to have a problem with it.
    Pomegranate Noir did not work on me at all but this one seems to be made for me. I've already got them ready to call me when it comes in.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Sounds promising!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    I got a little luckier than you guys here at the Boston Saks as the Jo Malone rep did have a tester and I sprayed some on my wrist.
    I think this one is a winner as I've been bringing my wirst to my nose pretty consistently since spraying it on.
    The lime in this is very pronounced upon spraying it on but the cedar in the base is heavenly and really long-lasting as I am still able to enjoy my spritz almost nine hours later. Longevity is a Jo Malone bugaboo and this one doesn't seem to have a problem with it.
    Pomegranate Noir did not work on me at all but this one seems to be made for me. I've already got them ready to call me when it comes in.
    Great to hear SMM. Thanks for the info.

Based on the notes, it sounded a little more complex then other Jo Malone fragrances - and it sounds like it just may be based on your experience.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

This one sounds perfect for my husband, and maybe for me, too! Do you think the cedar base is the reason that this one lasts longer than many Jo Malones?

What's funny Joe is that I went to Saks (if you're talking about the one in Tampa) and they don't even have the new Kohdo Wood collection. Interesting. Did I miss it?
    Last edited by nthny; 17th August 2008 at 03:39 AM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    What's funny Joe is that I went to Saks (if you're talking about the one in Tampa) and they don't even have the new Kohdo Wood collection. Interesting. Did I miss it?
    No Anthony, you didn't miss it. The SA said she would have a tester next week. It won't be available for sale until October.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    This one sounds perfect for my husband, and maybe for me, too! Do you think the cedar base is the reason that this one lasts longer than many Jo Malones?
    It is definitely the cedar note that is going to be the last chord to leave town but I've been wearing it for 12 hours now and I can still smell it on my wrist.
    Always my concern with this line is its longevity but now it looks like they've managed complexity and longevity. I'm really looking forward to owning this one.

Just sniffed and bought this--they had it available in the 1 oz. size at my local Neiman Marcus.

I get mostly kaffir/sweet lime, light white florals (just a touch), tamarind, and woods. It's well balanced and quite addictive and should work very well on men as well as women. I've only had it on for about three hours so far, but it's going strong.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Thanks, BlackCat and SMM. This sounds like a real winner!

This stuff is really nice...I got a one oz. bottle from my sister as gift this weekend. Love it. Saks in Birmingham, AL is fully stocked with Sweet Lime and Cedar now.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    This stuff is really nice...I got a one oz. bottle from my sister as gift this weekend. Love it. Saks in Birmingham, AL is fully stocked with Sweet Lime and Cedar now.
    Hey - That's more then 10 bottles now!

Good to hear. I have not had a chance to get to Saks lately. Hopefully next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Hey - That's more then 10 bottles now!

Good to hear. I have not had a chance to get to Saks lately. Hopefully next weekend.
    I know. I was bad because I bought Guerlain Homme myself, then my sister bought this for me because she knew I was having trouble deciding which to purchase. I didn't know she bought it for me until I got back to her house and she gave it to me. Oh my!!! I have 12 bottles in my collection! I am out of control, HELP!!
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 28th September 2008 at 11:43 PM.

i have got to get some....my mom is a total fan of jo malone...

Blog Entries

I don't have any Jo Malone - so this is virtually a must-buy. I need some good cedar - desperately. I spent the entire day frustrated by a new bottle of cedar oil that I'm using in the notes identification project - simply horriffic stuff. Nothing I tried could tame the rampant off-notes. I can't even use this stuff for scaring away moths, without tainting my clothes. I am now lusting to smell high-quality cedar. I just hope that my nearby Saks has this one - and soon!

Blog Entries

I bought a bottle a week ago and have not been disappointed. The cedar notes in this blend seamlessly with the lime at the top.
    I was put off by the sweetness in Pomegranate Noir and in this one the top has the near perferct balance of sweet and tart.
    I also got good longevity out of it which is a bugaboo about the Jo Malone line.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I don't have any Jo Malone - so this is virtually a must-buy. I need some good cedar - desperately. I spent the entire day frustrated by a new bottle of cedar oil that I'm using in the notes identification project - simply horriffic stuff. Nothing I tried could tame the rampant off-notes. I can't even use this stuff for scaring away moths, without tainting my clothes. I am now lusting to smell high-quality cedar. I just hope that my nearby Saks has this one - and soon!
    Have you tried the L'Occitane Cedar EDP (from their 'notre flores' line)? It's really a fantastic cedar fragrance, thought it's got an amberish base which you may/may not like. I think I have a couple of those 'fragranced pad' samples somewhere if you need one. I actually brought a sampler vial to L'Occitane to take a sample home (terrible, I know).

I was staying at a hotel next to the Saks in New Orleans for almost two weeks and the Jo Malone rep never once mentioned Lime and Cedar, and they didn't have any in stock as of last Wednesday. I'm glad to hear longevity is better, because that's what's holding me back from purchasing any of the line. I like the Lime, Basil and Mandarin, Blue Aguave and Cocoa, and Amber and Lavender but none of them last more than 90 minutes on my skin. The Jo Malone rep at the NOLA Saks was really, really pushing how you must layer their fragrances, which annoys me because it's such a not-thinly veiled attempt to make you purchase multiple fragrances. There's nothing wrong with layering, but a fragrance should be able to stand on its own.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Have you tried the L'Occitane Cedar EDP (from their 'notre flores' line)? It's really a fantastic cedar fragrance, thought it's got an amberish base which you may/may not like. I think I have a couple of those 'fragranced pad' samples somewhere if you need one. I actually brought a sampler vial to L'Occitane to take a sample home (terrible, I know).
    Let me check the local L'Occitane first, but if they don't, I'll get in touch. I've never been in there - it's the perfect excuse to do it. And amber is all good as far as I'm concerned - I say bring it on! Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    There's nothing wrong with layering, but a fragrance should be able to stand on its own.
    Absolutely. I know that blending and layering is all the rage, and I do it occasionally, but I want to own frags that I don't HAVE to layer. Plus - I don't quite see how layering two 90-minute scents is going to get you 120 minutes, much less 8 hours, without piling it on to high heaven.

Ninety minutes is pretty bad. For me, that means either carrying the bottle or spraying clothes. Thankfully, only a few scents do that on me. I hope this new Jo Malone won't be one of them. Thanks for the positive news on that aspect, SMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Let me check the local L'Occitane first, but if they don't, I'll get in touch. I've never been in there - it's the perfect excuse to do it. And amber is all good as far as I'm concerned - I say bring it on! Thanks for the tip!
    L'Occitane fragrances are massively underrated here, IMHO. Good quality fragrances that last a long time, and they cost $44/100ml (EdTs) or $65/100ml (EdPs). Some fragrances have 15ml minis for $17.

While you're in there make sure to try Eau des Baux and Eau de Badian. The Eau des Baux is a resinous, woody, smoky amber that lasts about 18 hours on me. If you like vetiver, their Vetyver is pretty good. Their unisex citrus and florals are very good as well, and some of their 'feminines' are easily unisex. I bought a mini Eau d'Iparis, a floral/amber and really enjoy it. They also have a 'tea' line (green tea, white tea, etc.) that is somewhat plain, but at least worth checking out.

Sur la Plage

Saks finally got this in. I am really liking this one a lot - really great blend of the lime and cedar. And very good longevity also - especially for Jo Malone.

I think this one may have to go on the Christmas wish list - if I don't buy it first.

Sur la Plage

OK. So 40 minutes after my last post, I bought it from a fellow BNer. I guess that didn't last too long. Time to think up another Christmas gift idea.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 2nd October 2008 at 10:57 PM.

Oh well hell.. I assume you bought it from Jock_With_Scents... I guess I'll get my "sorry" PM soon haha
    Last edited by jrd4t; 2nd October 2008 at 10:54 PM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Oh well hell.. I assume you bought it from Jock_With_Scents... I guess I'll get my "sorry" PM soon haha
    Sorry jrd4t

whoever has another bottle i sure would like to buy it...

Quote Originally Posted by OILMAN View Post
    whoever has another bottle i sure would like to buy it...
    None for you! You must go to Neiman Marcus/Saks/Etc and spend $55 like me!! Bwaahah!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    None for you! You must go to Neiman Marcus/Saks/Etc and spend $55 like me!! Bwaahah!
    hehehehee