Code of Conduct

Default What scent for Dr. Christian Troy of Nip/Tuck

In one episode a character who is blind and a perfume designer mentions that Dr. Troy is wearing Creed. But it doesn't say which creed and we all know there are numerous Creed's. Also another episode he is going to meet a call girl and he picks up a bottle of cologne (that looks like a Gucci Envy or VS Very Sexy bottle but the juice at least on my DVD is brown) and sprays it. What I am asking is to match the Creed or any other scent to the personality of Christian Troy. The character drives flashy cars, wears Gucci suits, adores the finer things in life (sheets,carpet, food etc..), frequents the top of the line night clubs. So what Creed or what fragrance would you suggest to match the personality of Christian Troy?

Default Re: What scent for Dr. Christian Troy of Nip/Tuck

I think "Straight to Heaven" by Kilian fits Christian Troy's personality.

You know what, for some reason I was going to say something Gucci as well. That's funny, I've seen every episode of Nip/Tuck and I don't recall the Creed comment! I would say, either something very expensive, or some very new, like the latest designer fragrance seems to fit him.

People tell me I look like him; might I suggest my wardrobe in its entirety? Haha. I've got thebeck's StH suggestion, plus a number of Creeds I might imagine him in.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Not that this would matter so much but it might in an episode where he was talking to the child he was taking care of he told the child to get a barbershop shave once a month.........Was wondering if the fact that alot of barbershops even high end one's still splash the face with old school style aftershave would play into his fragrance choices.

Oh to Chris W the eoisode is in season 2 and the character is Natasha Charles. She also states that Sean wears Old Spice. Anyway let's talk specific Creed or Gucci hear? What specific Creed or Gucci or designer whatever would you suggest for him? Also the "Straight to Heaven" by Kilian seems like a good boozy sweet scent but his drink of choice is Absolute Neat anyway his drink choice would affect his fragrance choice?

Gucci pour homme is a similar bottle to Envy, but the juice is a murky brown. So maybe it was that?
    I've never watched an ep of this in my life so I can't comment further...
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I take Dr. Troy for a Tom Ford for Him kind of guy.

Now that guy is a Kouros man! LOL.

Interesting you would say that Bigsly as the actor Julian Mcmahon has stated in interviews that he wears curious..........Kahuna Cowboy says a Tom Ford for Men kinda man.........To me Tom Ford for Men is like a snobbish version of Obsession so I could see that.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    Interesting you would say that Bigsly as the actor Julian Mcmahon has stated in interviews that he wears curious..........Kahuna Cowboy says a Tom Ford for Men kinda man.........To me Tom Ford for Men is like a snobbish version of Obsession so I could see that.
    Just based on TF's sleezy advertising I thought of his role of Dr. Troy.

Okay I really need to stop watching my Nip/Tuck DVD collection. In an episode in season one Dr. Troy is talking to a security guy at a morgue trying to get him to let him in the back and Dr. Troy tries to flatter the guy by saying "I like your cologne...Lagerfeld" now in context of the show he was just trying to trick the guy but the character did mention Lagerfeld........anyone see Dr. Troy as a Lagerfeld kinda guy?

Nah, I don't really see Dr. Troy as the Lagerfeld kinda guy. But I can totally see him wearing Tom Ford's perfumes and clothing.

Okay more basenotes relevance in Nip/Tuck in an episode also Julian steals something from Dr. Troy's bathroom and in his bathroom drawer is a designer deodorant...........all black stick round stick like most designer deodorants. So obviously the character is a designer man.

Christian wearing Paco Rabanne, mmmmhhhh.

Orange Spice by Creed -- too strong for its own good.

I'd say A*men

Crabtree and Evelyn made an appearance in Nip/Tuck on episode one of season four Christian goes into a drawer in his bathroom to grab his protection and you can clearly see a brown bowl of something from Crabtree and Evelyn it was in a wooden bowl that said Crabtree and Evelyn so I assume it was a shaving soap. Also, there are two bars of what looks to me like luxury bar soap in the drawer as well the wrapping on the bars were black and orange but I couldn't make out the brand maybe Tyler or Taylor. Anyway back to the point it appears they are trying to show that Christian shops at the specialty type stores instead of a department store any scents from Trumpers, Crabtree and Evelyn or Santa Maria Novella that you think would fit Christian Troy?

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    In one episode a character who is blind and a perfume designer mentions that Dr. Troy is wearing Creed. But it doesn't say which creed and we all know there are numerous Creed's. Also another episode he is going to meet a call girl and he picks up a bottle of cologne (that looks like a Gucci Envy or VS Very Sexy bottle but the juice at least on my DVD is brown) and sprays it. What I am asking is to match the Creed or any other scent to the personality of Christian Troy. The character drives flashy cars, wears Gucci suits, adores the finer things in life (sheets,carpet, food etc..), frequents the top of the line night clubs. So what Creed or what fragrance would you suggest to match the personality of Christian Troy?
    An actress in my film used to be at at Les Doux, a club in LA. He'd stalk her at the club. The guys kinda a freak. Sooooooooo something SKETCHY, RAW, IN YOUR FACE, ANNOYING. Hmmm . . . Kouros!

Cheers,
    Al