Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    brooklyn NYC
    Posts
    1,979
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default god d*mn you Kouros

    yesterday..i flew in to detroit....to see my parents for a few days.

    during the flight, i had Cuiron on..

    i got out in the Detroit airport...and walked into the duty free shop there...just to see what they have-----not much of interest. had pretty much the usual stuff....

    my Cuiron had sort of wore off since i put it on in the morning....so i was wondering what to try. One of the women working there approached me with a bottle of Kouros...and said "would you like to try this?"

    I WAS LIKE DRACULA SHOWN THE CROSS....i was like "nooo! no thanks!" and she said "it's very nice, Yves Saint Laurent"....and i backed away briskly....

    anyway...she put the bottle down, and left me alone....i walked around a bit more..and then saw that Kouros bottle sitting on the shelf...i started remembering all the great times i've had insulting Kouros on this forum, thinking of it as one of the worst scents ever, and looking at how bad the bottle is made (white, cheap plastic)

    then i did the unthinkable. i sprayed some on my wrist.

    the following 15 minutes were one of horror. there i was.....out in the passenger pick up area.....with this stinky Kouros all over my left hand and wrist.....it stank like some sort of a flowery fungus...i got picked up at the airport, by my father.....who said in the car: "you smell very old fashioned" and i just ignored that comment....

    i gently wiped my wrist on whatever i could find....but nothing gets this stuff off.....NOTHING. washed my hands and still could smell it.

    I hate Kouros......but most of all Kouros hates me!

  2. #2

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    Ahhh, the sweet smell of revenge.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    I couldn't get it off my leg, which is where I sprayed the tester to "be on the safe side." Even though I put my leg under the chair later that day, it just kept hitting me, so I tried to wash it off with soap and water, but that didn't do anything either. But I felt I had to try it, after reading the reviews. I'd like to smell the sprayer of a bottle again and also to spray it on a piece of acid-free paper, but I can't imagine actually spraying it on myself.

  4. #4


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    LOL, that is really funny dude. I think Kouros is an acquired taste; I feel like the dry-down is really nice and almost has a soapy musk freshness to it, but the initial blast can, and in fact, has been, many times, described an pungent. The initial blast kind of smells very musky, but not horrible. With that said, I will not share my Kouros story as follows:

    OK, when I was younger I used to love to go to museums, obsessed with dinosaurs, way before I decided to become a lawyer. Well, I used to go to this museum in New Haven, Connecticut called the "Peabody Museum" and it is basically a rather decent size museum with a lot of dinosaurs, Egyptian artifacts, birds, etc... They have this one section where you can lift up these lids and smell different scents, for example they have pure musk to smell, that whale vomit stuff whose names escapes me not but I remember my dad telling me that it was from a whale, and assorted varieties of other natural, and quite funky, ingredients used in making perfumes. Well, fast forward to several months from now and a wonderful BN, Thaifighter, sent me a sample of Kouros in the mail, I remember receiving it in my office and spraying one spritz on my wrist and it brought me back to that time at the Peabody museum when, for the first time ever at approx. the age of 6-7 I first smelled something "interesting." I had a really vivid flashback, I was almost shaken up from it. In any event, if anyone ever goes to the Peabody Museum in New Haven, CT then go to that part where you can sniff raw ingredients used to make perfumes because one of them, oh yes, smells spot on and exactly like Kouros. I was amazed how the smell of Kouros took me back to those wonderful memories at that great museum. Thanks Kouros and Thaifighter.**

    * I will also post this in a thread as maybe someone has had this experience before.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 3rd October 2008 at 05:52 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    Kouros is a monster. It'll keep you in line if start thinking wrong.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  6. #6

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    Your dad's "you smell old fashioned" extracted a "lol" over here. Could it be that you sprayed it on too thick?

  7. #7

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    OK, when I was younger I used to love to go to museums, obsessed with dinosaurs, way before I decided to become a lawyer. Well, I used to go to this museum in New Haven, Connecticut called the "Peabody Museum" and it is basically a rather decent size museum with a lot of dinosaurs, Egyptian artifacts, birds, etc... They have this one section where you can lift up these lids and smell different scents, for example they have pure musk to smell, that whale vomit stuff whose names escapes me not but I remember my dad telling me that it was from a whale, and assorted varieties of other natural, and quite funky, ingredients used in making perfumes. Well, fast forward to several months from now and a wonderful BN, Thaifighter, sent me a sample of Kouros in the mail, I remember receiving it in my office and spraying one spritz on my wrist and it brought me back to that time at the Peabody museum when, for the first time ever at approx. the age of 6-7 I first smelled something "interesting." I had a really vivid flashback, I was almost shaken up from it. In any event, if anyone ever goes to the Peabody Museum in New Haven, CT then go to that part where you can sniff raw ingredients used to make perfumes because one of them, oh yes, smells spot on and exactly like Kouros. I was amazed how the smell of Kouros took me back to those wonderful memories at that great museum. Thanks Kouros and Thaifighter.**

    * I will also post this in a thread as maybe someone has had this experience before.
    Holy cow! Kouros probably killed the dinosaurs!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  8. #8

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    I would say, "What hyperbole!" at this point were it not for the fact that I've ranted just as loudly about A*men.

    I for one happen to LOVE Kouros, and have worn it ever since it came out years ago. Furthermore, it garners me oodles of compliments -- yes, oodles. Still, it a) DOES go on very, very strong and b) is an acquired taste (probably because of its copious civet). Whatever the case, I'll never be without a bottle for very long, I'll tell you that much.

    Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    *****
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

  9. #9

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    This spring I was in London and went to a play. During the play, a character gets ill and vomits into a basin. The others scurry around and clean up, etc. Then one of them got the bright idea to spray some cologne to take away the smell. She said, "here's some Kouros" and sprayed and sprayed. Well, I was in the fifth row and could see that it really was a bottle of Kouros. And 30 seconds later the scent hit me... and kept hitting me all night. Whew! Now THERE's sillage!
    Cheers,
    odysseusm

    "The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

  10. #10

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    You dont wear Kouros, Kouros wears you

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    brooklyn NYC
    Posts
    1,979
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    OH it gets worse!

    my father (bless the man!) has a cabinet full of dusty old fragrances......amongst them, Antaeus, Coty Musk, Kouros, Drakkar Noir, Iquitos....and all sorts of weird old stuff.

    I was trying them all out earlier to see how they were....and the Kouros smells like MEAT!!! oh it has definitely gone bad.....really bad! LOL

    the Antaeus smells good....as does the Iquitos....

    but the Kouros has morphed into a meaty flowery fungus!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    hahahahaaaa

  13. #13

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    hmm... I'm interested in attracting carnivore wimmenz... maybe this will be a good alternative to bathing in steaks.
    Immediate Wishlist: CDG Palisander/Avignon

  14. #14
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    This spring I was in London and went to a play. During the play, a character gets ill and vomits into a basin. The others scurry around and clean up, etc. Then one of them got the bright idea to spray some cologne to take away the smell. She said, "here's some Kouros" and sprayed and sprayed. Well, I was in the fifth row and could see that it really was a bottle of Kouros. And 30 seconds later the scent hit me... and kept hitting me all night. Whew! Now THERE's sillage!
    Cheers,
    Sounds like it smells like my old neighborhood in North Philly.
    Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    OH it gets worse!

    my father (bless the man!) has a cabinet full of dusty old fragrances......amongst them, Antaeus, Coty Musk, Kouros, Drakkar Noir, Iquitos....and all sorts of weird old stuff.

    I was trying them all out earlier to see how they were....and the Kouros smells like MEAT!!! oh it has definitely gone bad.....really bad! LOL

    the Antaeus smells good....as does the Iquitos....

    but the Kouros has morphed into a meaty flowery fungus!
    THAT.....is straight up disgusting man.......
    Quote Originally Posted by rompip View Post
    You dont wear Kouros, Kouros wears you
    I've never tried Kouros....and after reading this thread, no one had ever try trading me a sample of this rotted flesh,projectile vomited juice.

  15. #15

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    kouros is chuck norris bottled(it has a beard and will punch you in the face). Its ruff and gruff and wont take shit from anybody! ha ha...this one does not work for me either, i get a strong urinal cake plus musk and fecal notes that are just too much for me!
    Current Top 5:

    Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

  16. #16
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,300

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    I love your description of the smell as a 'flowery fungus.'

    I actually just bought a vintage mini of Kouros. Interested to see what it smells like.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 3rd October 2008 at 09:56 PM.

  17. #17

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I love your description of the smell as a 'flowery fungus.'

    I actually just bought a vintage mini of Kouros. Interested to see what it smells like.
    Hmmm....might smell like meaty flowery fungus too?! Be sure to report back and tell us once you receive it, I'm interested with your reaction!
    Last edited by Mindbrain; 3rd October 2008 at 11:48 PM.

  18. #18
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    God help you Mike

  19. #19
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    17,884
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    Kouros is not only a Men's Fragrance but also an emergency substitute for Mace..

    (kidding..I love the stuff!)
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

  20. #20

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    I spray kouros in my room when I want to demarcate my territory. Just like dogs and wolves do.

    .
    Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 4th October 2008 at 02:06 AM.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    Damn,,,,,hahahaha

  22. #22

    Default Re: god d*mn you Kouros

    lmao, great thread.

Similar Threads

  1. A Kouros Mystery
    By SmellsLike in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 20th April 2012, 12:40 PM
  2. Kouros 1st timer
    By kilted in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 18th September 2011, 11:43 PM
  3. Just got Kouros Eau D'Ete and Kouros Fraicheur
    By Indie_Guy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24th July 2008, 11:36 PM
  4. Just got Kouros Tattoo...
    By Indie_Guy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 22nd March 2008, 08:26 PM
  5. Another Kouros Convert--Sort Of
    By SmellsLike in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th May 2006, 02:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •