Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Friday 3 October-08

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Happy Friday all.
    To end my week I'm in:

Neil Morris Prowl

This is pretty nice on me. Not one of my favorites from Neil Morris but still nice. There has been some comparisons made to Rumba but on me this one doesn't have the same feel. I'll probably put a spritz of both on tonight and do a direct comparison.
    I wore Prowl today as well. I can't do a Rumba-comparison, though. Do let us know what comes of it!

I had previously said I can't smell the patchouli in Prowl, but today, a lady came to my workplace and she was wearing a LOT of Angel (which I actually like, in small doses though). And after she left, I can't tell if it's the patchouli still lingering in my nostrils from that assault, or whether I am truly getting the patchouli in Prowl's drydown. Hard to say.
    Last edited by Aiona; 4th October 2008 at 03:32 AM.

Well of course I wore my newly purchased Tom Ford White Patchouli today

I had to test it with a little spin today. As soon as I smelled it today I knew that this is gonna blend perfectly with my Aveda patchouli. They didn't have the lotion in the store yet. So, I just used my patchouli's constant companion Baby Magic Lotion. Let me tell y'all that right about now I'm in patchouli heaven. Patchouli is clearly my favorite note and this is just wonderful on me. I definitely get what they mean when they speak of the cloud around you. I can smell this all around me. Just beautiful.

I may try it by itself next time. Today I mixed it with Aveda Patchouli and Baby Magic Baby Soft Scent lotion, and it smells absou-frickin-ly amazing!!

You know what........I smells goooooooooood
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

SotD:
    After wearing Bulgari The Vert yesterday, I really wanted to try PdE Osmanthus Inderdite today. I really think the two are very similar in the drydown, but the OI is much more floral/leather at the start. In contrast, the EPaTV is citrus/tea at the start. Both dry down to a leathery, citrusy, tea scent. And, the OI has MUCH more longevity. Both are beautiful.

SotE: Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

SotE is Prada Infusion d'Iris. I have a decant, but this might just be another one that I have to add to my ever expanding full-bottle wish list.

My SoTD is Cruel Intentions from a sample.

Morning Star

Default Re: SotD Thursday 2 October 2008

Thursday 2 October 2008
    Morning: Ermenegildo Zegna Z Zegna Extreme
    Afternoon: Serge Lutens Arabie (I keep forgetting what a feast this stuff is ...)
    Evening: Profumum Thundra

SotE: L'Air du Desert Marocain
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers