Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default is Profumum Fumidus one of the best

Boozy, smoky, hazy, dense, dirty, muddy, earthy, rooty & woody scent? boy this just grabbed me up my collar... i wasnt ready for this. what a scent! the progressions too has to be one of the most satifying and definite that i have come across...the way the green notes sprout towards the basenotes is a phenomenon to witness, almost poetic & definitely real and true to nature.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: is Profumum Fumidus one of the best

Yes it is one of the best.

Feel free to buy me a bottle, whenever you like jenson.
    Currently wearing: Amber Aoud by Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Yes it is one of the best.

Feel free to buy me a bottle, whenever you like jenson.
    and gift me one of yours MIke!!! So as to make room for the Jenson bottle

im sure you meant a Vial, didnt you?

yeh...the darn rate...i have tried thundra and now this..hmmm..

Yes, it is Jenson. Fumidus is one of the best I own. Nothing like it. One of the best masculine scents to come along in recent years.

i guess we all have to wait for the incredible Sloan_8013 Sale

Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    Yes, it is Jenson. Fumidus is one of the best I own. Nothing like it. One of the best masculine scents to come along in recent years.
    yes, definitely the best of wht i have tried so far in this genre...
    Last edited by jenson; 3rd October 2008 at 02:00 PM.

Without a doubt it's pretty groundbreaking. But where oh where will I wear this to

That question is the only think keeping me from buying a decant even.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

you guys are killing me the list of perfumes that I want now requires me to hit the lotto or sell my soul ot the devil...
    The only easy day was yesterday

240 bucks for 100ml!?

Wow!

yes..the rate is insane...least its a 100 ml...or else u will notice niche brands have this trend of offering only 50 ml at tht rate...

but a house very well worth tht kinda rates....montales cost upto $210..and so does so many other brands....but the bottomline is..it still doesnt fall in my budget...someday...
    Last edited by jenson; 3rd October 2008 at 04:48 PM.

In terms of what it was meant to be, a smoky, boozey fragrance it is definitely one of the best scents. It is really well composed but for me it is very hard to wear.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    In terms of what it was meant to be, a smoky, boozey fragrance it is definitely one of the best scents. It is really well composed but for me it is very hard to wear.
    I have to agree. While I admire Fumidus for the austerity and originality it has, I personally cannot see wearing it. Hell, Hinoki is a stretch for me on some days , so that can give you a barometer on my confidence when it comes to wearing really challenging scents these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    i guess we all have to wait for the incredible Sloan_8013 Sale
    Ha! Nice one. I doubt I'll ever sell Fumidus though. I bought it last year before the price increases. Less than $200 back then.

well there are so many scents tht falls in tht category (appreciate it, but cant wear it) for me..but surprisingly, i like this one...can picture this one keeping me engaged, especially on long drives..treks, even a evening out with freinds...i have similar thoughts on thundra..another one tht i appreciate a lot.

Javagreen

I hear you buddy...I too am in the same conuncrum....but on the other hand...
    try the Santalum from the same line...its more wearable - much much more versatile.
    IMHO- its probably a very unique interpretation of Mysore sandalwood

Basenotes Institution

Jenson have you smelled Vetiver by Lorenzo Villoresi?

To me, the only scent that comes close to replicating the feel of Fumidus is Vetiver. No, it doesn't smell like it - but I think they are brothers from another mother.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 3rd October 2008 at 05:22 PM.

Jenson have you smelled Vetiver by Lorenzo Villoresi?

To me, the only scent that comes close to replicating the feel of Fumidus is Vetiver. No, it doesn't smell like it - but I think they are brothers from another mother.

Thanks for the headsup Mike! ill keep tht in mind! btw, is MPG Route Du vetiver in similar lines....?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr16 View Post
    Javagreen

I hear you buddy...I too am in the same conuncrum....but on the other hand...
    try the Santalum from the same line...its more wearable - much much more versatile.
    IMHO- its probably a very unique interpretation of Mysore sandalwood
    Not tried yet, lekin ab yeh to try karna padega..... Sandalwood is my comfort zone

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I have to agree. While I admire Fumidus for the austerity and originality it has, I personally cannot see wearing it. Hell, Hinoki is a stretch for me on some days , so that can give you a barometer on my confidence when it comes to wearing really challenging scents these days.
    I enjoy a small decant I have from time to time, but only wear it if I'm planning on not leaving the house. It's just over the top and not wearable in public IMO. I find Black Tourmaline by Oliver Durbano to be the best wearable alternative.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Thanks for the headsup Mike! ill keep tht in mind! btw, is MPG Route Du vetiver in similar lines....?
    Yes and no.

RdV has a very distinctive berry note mixed in with the same 'dirty' vetiver as both of these. But the berry note enlivens and brightens the effect of the dirty, woody vetiver. Whereas in Fumidus, I 'smell' no brightness. The Villoresi is similarly bone dry, woody and stark. The Villoresi is missing the boozy notes.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th October 2008 at 12:28 AM.

Very unique scent. I don't think a lot of people would love this, but it's worth a testing. It grew on me after a while, but as many stated it's very hard to wear.

Dear LORD - I'd noticed some Fumidus talk, mostly thanks to mikeperez23. Because I trust his opinions and because I like Profumum I picked up an inexpensive 10ml decant, blind.

It's rare that I don't give a fragrance a few samplings before commenting, so I'll try not to be too judgmental.. BUT I've NEVER smelled a more challenging, raw, in-your-face-burn-your-throat fragrance. I sprayed my arm and it smelled like I just poured scotch on myself. Perhaps it's because I don't drink scotch, but on first sampling I don't know if I'm going to be able to get my head around this one. mikey-P - you've got bigger balls than I do, my friend!

Does anyone have any commentary or advice on how to appreciate Fumidus? 1/2 spray and wait 6 hours - or something like that? The sh*t is no joke, boys and girls. I'll never not have a suggestion when people ask for 'boozy', 'outrageous', or 'super-masculine' fragrance ever again.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    ...mikey-P - you've got bigger balls than I do, my friend!

Does anyone have any commentary or advice on how to appreciate Fumidus? 1/2 spray and wait 6 hours - or something like that?...
    LOL. So...I see you took the blue pill.

Seriously, I apply it normally...about 3-4 sprays. If you get it on fabric it'll last FOREVER so avoid this. Your nose will become attenuated to the harshness, give it time.

I find it comes in handy when I need a little extra boost of confidence. The olfactory equivalent of a bullet proof vest. Grr...

I can tend to pull it off effortlessly because I usually have that "I just woke up out of bed from a night-out and haven't showered & shaved" look.

UPDATE: I left my 10ml Fumidus decant/bottle near some of my other bottles. When I left them alone, the Fumidus bottle kicked my bottle of Derby in the nuts. I'm going to have to Fumidus separated until it learns to behave with others.

Basenotes Institution

UPDATE: I left my 10ml Fumidus decant/bottle near some of my other bottles. When I left them alone, the Fumidus bottle kicked my bottle of Derby in the nuts. I'm going to have to Fumidus separated until it learns to behave with others.
    LOL.

It won't 'behave with others'.

If you get it on fabric it'll last FOREVER so avoid this.
    i would be careful applying any profumum to fabric...the thing is like oil...i'm sure it'd stain..

Your nose will become attenuated to the harshness, give it time.
    i loved it from word go ! but yeh, i started appreciating it more and more in time...

LMAO
    Last edited by jenson; 18th February 2009 at 03:53 AM.

AromiErotici

This sounds like the gangster of the Profumus line. Was Frank Nitti the nose behind this one?

I hate to rain on the parade but Profumum Fumidus is basically unrecitified pure Javanese Vetiver Oil? How can I be so sure, I have an 9 year old 15ml bottled of unrectified pure Javanese Vetiver Oil that has pretty much the exact development of Fumidus.

The long complex changing development of Fumidus gives it away that is mainly an essential oil based fragrance. Aromachemicals just don't provide this kind of complex evolving drydown.

It's a great scent, but it's not anything more than well-aged vetiver oil.

scentemental

Thanks Scentemental! maybe that explains the lovely accord towards base which is so "green" and fresh...which is a total contrast to it's openin to mids progression...