Code of Conduct

Default The New Eau d'Italie

I have read some notices that it is out at First in Fragrance, but has anyone sampled the new Eau D' Italie scent?

Default Re: The New Eau d'Italie

Oh yes, it is EXCELLENT! I am impressed with the entire line from that company. Eau D'Italie is on the one hand a typical Mediterranean-style lemony splash. And yet it has complexity, with great green notes and a marvellous note of clay tiles! This is all meant to evoke the soaps and smells from the spa at the hotel associated with the scent.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I was referring to the Baume du Doge, the new one released about a week ago.

Thanks for the clarification. I got this off a website. It sounds very interesting.
    Cheers,

"Roots, barks, seeds, pistils, flowers, rhizomes and resins took hold of the local
    taste, flanking and often blending with local produce. Thus myrrh and
    frankincense, saffron and clove, cardamom and vanilla met sweet oranges, sharp
    bergamots and wild fennel in a rich and warm fusion, the use of which ranged
    from medicine to perfumery, often at the same time... "
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I actually purchased it from First in Fragrance and got it two days ago. It is actually a really nice scent. I am a huge fan of Pasteum rose. I think it is one of the best rose scents made and I have a bottle. The new Baume du Doge is similar in its composition as compared to the fresher releases they have come out with lately. It starts with a blast of oranges but not the juicy sour orange, but an orange peel type orange smell that is immediately met with cinnamon, clove and pepper notes. Later the frankincense comes in to add that same slight incense note that Pasteum rose has and it then settles to a nice vanilla musky scent that still maintains the orange note throughout. If you have ever smelled potpourri with the big orange peel rinds in them, it smells exactly like that. Exactly like that! I like it for winter for that very reason as i think potpourri is really nice in winter months. I still think Pasteum rose is their best release ever but this one is a beautiful release.

Basenotes Institution

Am I the only one that looks at the name, and sees Dog Balm?

Seriously, this sounds like something I'd really like. Not dog balm. The scent.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th October 2008 at 03:50 AM.