Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default SotD Saturday 4th of October 2008

Well. If I had Ambre Sultan, I'd wear that for S&S Saturday, but I have myself to blame for getting side-tracked when I went out to buy it this summer (that was my Harrods trip where I ended up sampling a zillion scents and buying two, neither of which was AS - it was too hot and I was seduced by fresh, green and gingery scents).

So I'm in Byzance by Rochas again. It's a little scary how much I suddenly crave this scent (see yesterday's SotD), so I'm just going to go with it and wear it again.

Have a happy Saturday, everyone!

Default Re: SotD Saturday 4th of October 2008

SnS day.
    I'm at the hospital, this w/e-
    But Geisha Noire it is....

I feel 'annointed' in this one; I love so many other ambers- Aki, AS, Voile D'Ambre, Ambra , Ambra Aurea, Fior D'Ambra, AR....

Have a great day !

Sur la Plage

Yves Saint-Laurent Opium pour Homme - For Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday - Amber

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

How did that happen? Completely missed the S'n'S announcement. As it is, no amber for me: I'm going on a little trip to sample some choice fragrances. Biehl's Parfumkunstwerke, to be precise.
    I'm suffering from instant class anxiousness, since the shop is located in a very high class district - SA's there can be snooty. We'll hope for the best, though. I'll report back!

L'Occitane Ambre.

Good luck Veuve Amiot!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Basenotes Plus

Veuve Amiot, just relax and have fun sampling. And don't waste another thought on any potentially snooty SAs. Just dispatch any snoots with a dismissive wave and a stink eye Enjoy yourself!

Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Precieux, for SnS Day.

Have a lovely Saturday, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: SummerbyKenzo by Kenzo

Hello everybody FINALLY I have a weekend off. So far haven't done much.Will probably make some waffles later.For S'n'S I'm in Madame X from Ava Luxe.

No amber for me today...sorry...I'm participating in a 'fitness challenge' for charity, and I really want to wear Kai! Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Basenotes Institution

Scent sister with tdem1961 in MPG Ambre Precieux today. Going to work, will report later.

Opium pour Homme

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I am starting with Aqaba Spring, but i predict the afternoon will find me in something by l"artisan. Yay samples!

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    How did that happen? Completely missed the S'n'S announcement. As it is, no amber for me: I'm going on a little trip to sample some choice fragrances. Biehl's Parfumkunstwerke, to be precise.
    I'm suffering from instant class anxiousness, since the shop is located in a very high class district - SA's there can be snooty. We'll hope for the best, though. I'll report back!
    Chant d'Aromes today, from a small decant, it's beautiful.

veuve amiot, I am sympathetic, as I am trying to talk myself into going to the Bergdorf Goodman's Guerlain boutique in nyc. This is so easy for me to get to, but I am more of a downtown girl
    ahhh... but all those Guerlain's, waiting to be sampled...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Accidentally find myself now in Love's True Bluish Light from the bottle leaking on me. Perfect for this rainy night though!

M. Micallef Gaiac

For Amber SnS I started the day in Profumum

Fiore d'Ambra

Then, at midday, I was tempted by a sample of Montale Black Aoud, which I am also wearing. Black Aoud is growing on me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    Well. If I had Ambre Sultan, I'd wear that for S&S Saturday..
    Well, I volunteer to be your SnS proxy, and am wearing Ambre Sultan on one wrist, a little incongrously in my Per Una pyjamas, it must be said. At 1.30pm, shame on me!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Villoresi DILMUN
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Missed SnS too...I'm wearing Oscar de la Renta Oscar Fresh Vanilla today, I can see this getting lots of skin time with our Summer not too far away !

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    Well, I volunteer to be your SnS proxy, and am wearing Ambre Sultan on one wrist, a little incongrously in my Per Una pyjamas, it must be said. At 1.30pm, shame on me!
    Gheheheh, ok, thanks (I always get a giggle out of Per Una - I do have some of their clothes too, by the way - "peruna" means "potato" in Finnish). Also: nothing wrong with pyjamas at lunchtime (why does that sound like the battle cry of some obscure group: "It'll be pyjamas at lunchtime!"). It is a Saturday after all. Enjoy it while you can!

I've decided that actually, I am kind of participating in S&S Saturday, given that Byzance becomes so ambery on me so quickly (the big soap mercifully passes in minutes and somehow I skip the part where this is supposed to chiefly be a floral oriental; just goes woody, vanillic, soft, musky with a hint of a floral idea in the somewhere).

V.v. envious of your lovely Ambre Sultan though. And I doubt I'll even manage to buy it next; I've got my eye on Datura Noir.
    Last edited by Nukapai; 4th October 2008 at 01:22 PM.

Nukapai: Many thanks for the pajama explanation. That's so cute!!

And you ladies intimidated by snotty SA's....remember - YOU pay THEIR salary (or not) and most of the poor creatures share digs with three or four other upwardly mobile "high class" wannabes. There may be the exception like Chaya, who purveys frags out of love (among other things) and you have read how she treats perfumistas like us...but she is one in a billion.)

As reported on the SnS: My bug being still in residence (and many thanks for all your kind emanations!) I was a bit concerned I might not be able to fully appreciate the divine

I get all kinds Cossack-y vibes from this (apologies to any Russian friends with bad memories)

The pervasiveness of Saddle leather, steaming samovars, in the officers' quarters- shots of vodka amid swirling ciggie smoke.... and gleaming amber under all....OH BOY!! So what if it's going to 85 F....I'm ready!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Creed Ambre Canelle as SotD in concert with the Sniff'NSpeak suggestion.

Also sending telepathic commands for Taolady's resident bug to BACK OFF!

And wow..a James Dean look and look-a-like!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

Last edited by kbe; 4th October 2008 at 01:56 PM.
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."
    Currently wearing: Versus Uomo by Versace

ooooh! I forgot all aout my decant of Geisha Noir when I was trying to choose an Amber frag today ( thanks Chaya!) I absolutely love this stuff. It's official I will have to get a full size bottle.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

No amber for me today. I am wearing Neil Morris Prowl and Romeo Gigli Sud Est (thank you so much, noirwest!). I am really pungent today!!!!! And I love it!

Prowl: floral musk

Sud Est: aromatic jasmine
    Last edited by Aiona; 4th October 2008 at 02:25 PM. Reason: mini-info

Basenotes Institution

Ambre Precieux by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier (first time from a sample - thanks Ron199)

Il Profumo's Ambre d'Or for SnS today
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Gaultier²: amber, musk, vanilla.

Feel better soon, dear Tao.
    Last edited by tang; 4th October 2008 at 03:01 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Spritzed my new bottle of Ambre Sultan for S'n'S. The opening is a bit medicinal, but definately worth waiting for the drydown. Last more than 10 hours on my skin, which normally doesn't hold anything for more than 3-4 hours.
    Currently wearing: Le Gardénia by Isabey

Thanks to the ever-lovely Tao, I am also in Ambre Russe. And it's as good as she says! Plus, perfect for a crisp autumnal day that finds me sporting corduroy and flannel (almost as good as pyjamas).
    Interestingly, after a fleeting whiff of saddle leather today the tobacco leapt forward, but now it has mellowed into a beautiful dry but rich amber tobacco. May I suggest that on a gentlemen this would be downright ravishable? (Fougere Bengal is dynamite too.)

And here's a question: why do we seem to like tobacco in fragrances so much now? Do you think it's because it's more of a rarity since smoking bans came in? One to ponder.
    Hope you're all having a lovely day. Be well, Tommi Tao.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Youth Dew Amber Nude

Blog Entries

Taolady I hope you can chase those bugs away, soon.

Tough choices for me today as I love my amber.
    for me though it is a recent acquisition that comes to mind when I think amber and thats:

Montale Blue Amber

I'll speak more about this in the SnS thread.

Have a great Saturday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/