Code of Conduct
o

Default How many sprays of allure?

hi ive always loved the smell of allure yet never owned it before. today i finally purchased a bottle and am going to use it tonight for a friends stag party. yet i want to know about this particular fragrance and i need alot. i will apply about 20 minutes before i leave after a shave and i want to be able to walk around and be noticed as im also looking to score. so how many sprays would you reccomend for chanel allure homme? thanks.

Default Re: How many sprays of allure?

can anyone help me??

I'm pretty sure I answered this question in your other thread?

6-7 Sprays should last most of the night.

what thread was that then? was it the one where i talk about Le male? a totally different fragrance.
    Last edited by avfcdamian92; 5th October 2008 at 02:51 PM.

No. Your other thread about Allure Homme.

I know I am new here at basenotes but isn't 6-7 sprays a bit much? I usually do 3-4 sprays of Allure and feel that is enough. Also, where are you applying the sprays? I spray once on each wrist, once at the top of chest near the clavicles, and once at the top of neck underneath the chin.

my other thread to do with chanel allure was a poll on the best chanel fragrance... so your obviously going crazy there.

It was the thread where you wanted us to let you know which Chanel Allure Homme or Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche fragrance you wanted your mother to purchase you for Christmas.

Edit:
    I'll just find it for you. It was my post on September 28th, 2008 6:49PM in response to your question. I was the first response. It was halfway down the front page of the Just Starting Out Forum:

Here is a link to the thread: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=216240

Here is a link to my post: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...97#post1319197

Quote Originally Posted by Echo777 View Post
    6-7 Sprays should last most of the night.
    Good Grief.

I use 3-4 sprays. Allure is pretty strong stuff.

Dependent

for both allure homme and homme sport, i can use up to 7 sprays. 3 around the neck, 2 on each fore arms. 2 under the collar or on the chest.... pretty dense

it really depends coz im near the equator, so the temp doesnt allow for static rentention, and humididty and moisture from perspiration does affect the on-skin longevity.

I use at least 8 sprays of LDIssey to last my office hours. and from feedback, my colleagues still find it pretty feint, so im guessing the weather really does play a role.
    Last edited by MFJ; 6th October 2008 at 06:37 AM.
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

4 is sufficient, but if you've just bathed (presumably) you have stripped oils from your skin and that's what adheres the scent. I went with 6 or 7 'cause you wanna be noticed and don't want it tapering out as the clock ticks. Less is probably fine as Chanel (in general) lasts pretty long. Try 3 to the chest/abs (left, right, middle) and then one on each forearm and one to the back or back of the neck. I find that I can use more sprays if they're applied further from the face/neck. That said, it depends on yr body chemistry.

yeah everyone thanks for the answers. im just gonna go 7 and see the reaction i get.

Go read some past threads on Allure, they are pretty informative. It is a very well made scent. It is also an irritating scent as well. It can even be cloying, but since it is winter now, it should not be an issue. Still, as a wearer you have responsibility not to upset people across the room with your smell. Not all people in public enjoy perfumes, and they get more upset when it is overwhelming. When I say "upset", I mean react allergically or what not. You also don't want to be refered to as "stinky" or the "cologne guy". Sure, you should smell good, after all that is the point. But don't bathe yourself like a 17 year old headed for the nearest Deisel jeans shop.

Why don't you wear fragrences at home so you can gage the strength of the juice. I do this with all my scents before I wear them in public. Essentially, you can do what you want. These are just my thoughts.

Dependent

well there is always the use for personal atomizers. fill one up and bring it along, always great to have a stand-by. i decant most scents that are in use, so i just drop it in my bag. clean and easy
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens