Code of Conduct

Default Help me choose a new fragrance :)

Sorry for another thread like this . I'm thinking of getting something new to wear. I'm not sure what I want. I think I want something fresh that isn't too sweet, and a bit classy without being vulgar or too heavy. A bit complexity wouldn't hurt either. Maybe something woody, and not from the eighties.

Recently I have sampled a few fragrances that I seem to like, but I don't really know how they work in the long run or how they react in different temperatures and so on. I also have read reviews of some that seems interesting but that I have not sampled yet. I have been busy with niche fragrances lately and thinking of getting a designer fragrance this time.

My favourites right now are: Burberry London, DKNY Be Delicious (I hated this one before...), Penhaligon's Castile, AdP Colonia and Gendarme 20...

Here are the candidates:

1. Burberry Weekend - the sample card smelled wonderful, but a bit weird. I think it smelled a bit like a greenhouse and a bit earthy

2. Burberry Brit - I really liked it when I sampled it, but I've read some bad reviews about the drydown...

3. D & G PH - never tried it, but it seems interesting based on reviews and the notes

4. YSL L'Homme - I remember it as fresh and classy, almost bought it once...

5. Dior Higher - just sniffed it briefly a while ago, but I really liked the top notes, but I've read it get bad in the dry down...

6. A Zegna - don't remember which one, but it was very fresh and smelled a bit like melon.

7. Kenzo Power - I have a sample of this one... can't decide if I like it or not, I think it's a bit too sweet in a strange way...

8. Anything else that might fit the bill.

Default Re: Help me choose a new fragrance :)

Hay Svenske! Når du pratar om burberry... har du testet Touch? Det er en av mine absolutte favoriter. Starter friskt og skarpt, men tørker snart inn til noe magisk, mykt elegant og behagelig.. Varer hela dagen! Egoiste vil også oppfylle dine kriterier. Finnes inte bettre kvalitet enn det her. En duft for viderekommne. Classy, sexy og uniqe och en holdbarhet som bare Chanel kan det! Nya Allure edition Blanche har absolut den friskheten som du ønsker, samtidig som den har stil, og eleganse! Er du ute efter ekte kvalitet, er jo Chanels dufter i en sær-klass.
    -Lykke til!

P.s: Armani Diamonds er ikke så dum heller!

burberry brit is awesome, so is ysl l'homme. I thing zegna is very ordinary and D and G pour homme is very strong....it smells nice, but its loud...beware. Out of all of those Brit is the best, imo...its warm, cozy, barbershop and almond on me...i love it...it smells like you should have a pipe and smoking jacket on..haha, but in a good way
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Blog Entries

Of the ones you listed, I'd go with Burberry Brit
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Toss Prada Infusion D'Homme into the list of considerations, too. Fresh iris and a tiny bit soapy. Casual but would come across more formal (and not at all out of place) in a suit and tie.

Not particularly complex but if you don't have an iris frag it'll fill a hole in your wardrobe!
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 5th October 2008 at 01:15 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Err....... Care to translate that for us in English?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Hay Svenske! Når du pratar om burberry... har du testet Touch? Det er en av mine absolutte favoriter. Starter friskt og skarpt, men tørker snart inn til noe magisk, mykt elegant og behagelig.. Varer hela dagen! Egoiste vil også oppfylle dine kriterier. Finnes inte bettre kvalitet enn det her. En duft for viderekommne. Classy, sexy og uniqe och en holdbarhet som bare Chanel kan det! Nya Allure edition Blanche har absolut den friskheten som du ønsker, samtidig som den har stil, og eleganse! Er du ute efter ekte kvalitet, er jo Chanels dufter i en sær-klass.
    -Lykke til!

P.s: Armani Diamonds er ikke så dum heller!
    I have sampled Touch on a sample card and it didn't impress. But based on your recommendation I read lots of reviews of it, and it seemed to be something I would like. So today I bought a small bottle Touch. I really don't like the top notes, but after an hour or so it's really nice. Thanks for the recommendation. I also sampled Brit again today, and it's really nice. Think I will have to get that one too soon... I really love Burberry... London, Brit, Touch and Weekend...

I have Egoiste, but I can only wear it when it's winter and really cold outside.

irrbloss,

I'm a Burberry whore, so I would suggest Brit. Its really good with nice sillage and longevity. I also LOVE D&G Pour Homme. It would fit the bill better than anything you have now because its different than what you already have....and the smells really, really nice. Hell, get both!
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    I have sampled Touch on a sample card and it didn't impress. But based on your recommendation I read lots of reviews of it, and it seemed to be something I would like. So today I bought a small bottle Touch. I really don't like the top notes, but after an hour or so it's really nice. Thanks for the recommendation. I also sampled Brit again today, and it's really nice. Think I will have to get that one too soon... I really love Burberry... London, Brit, Touch and Weekend...

I have Egoiste, but I can only wear it when it's winter and really cold outside.
    Not at all!

Armani Diamonds er ikke så dum heller! What does that mean?

he he.. Armani Diamonds isn`t so bad eighter!

Seven is a lucky number.

7. Kenzo Power

Cheers,
    Al

My secret pleasure is Burberry Weekend. One of those ones I'd seldom admit owning (here at least) but one I always enjoy a lot.
    From your list, my other suggestion is YSL L'Homme.

Wink Re: Help me choose a new fragrance :)

I have to agree with Scripture of Soul. You would be ahead of the curve this year wearing Prada, especially in the U.S.