Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Lets Talk Watches

Quote Originally Posted by GioB89 View Post
    Any brand suggestions under 150$?
    Seiko & Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GioB89 View Post
    Any brand suggestions under 150$?
    Possibly also Doxa and Tissot at the upper budget limit, if willing to either accept a quartz mechanism at normal retail prices or wait for a massive bargain and/or a vintage special offer for their mechanical/automatic models

Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post
    I’m guessing you don’t understand that they didn’t take a complete Patek pocket watch and weld lugs onto it so they could attach a strap to it. They never had the complete pocket watch. They just take part of an old movement and put them in cheap newly made wristwatch cases that are large enough to fit a pocket watch movement. It not even a pocket watch case. They even admit that the dials aren’t original. They are fake reproduction dials. You can literally go on eBay right now and see them for yourself. If they had the original pocket watch, they could sell it for 4x the price of these wristwatches they are creating.
    Edit: I hope you do know you accuse stuigi of lying, just pointing out the implications.

I'm guessing you just can't read.
    "The Patek and Rolex pocket watches are all original parts. The only added parts are the wristwatch attachments."

These watches do exist. They are not sold in Walmart though. Just google it. Why do we even have this discussion?
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas Athena View Post
    Edit: I hope you do know you accuse stuigi of lying, just pointing out the implications.

I'm guessing you just can't read.
    "The Patek and Rolex pocket watches are all original parts. The only added parts are the wristwatch attachments."

These watches do exist. They are not sold in Walmart though. Just google it. Why do we even have this discussion?
    If he has a 100% all original Patek Philippe pocket watch that has the original case, original dial, and all original movement parts and the only thing done to it was strap lugs were welded to the sides of the case so a strap could be added, then my apologies. The pictures he said he is going to post will easily clear that up. I know those types of watches do exist but they are very rarely done to an all original Patek or Rolex because it greatly devalues the collectible pocket watch.

Here is a link to what I am talking about:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...marriage+watch

These are the well known controversial "marriage" watches that are being produced in the Ukraine and have been discussed on the watch forums for years. I assumed we are talking about these because there is no controversy about the type you are talking about.

Basenotes Plus

Look at the Hebdomas for example in the middle of the page. It states original everything. There are many like this.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Look at the Hebdomas for example in the middle of the page. It states original everything. There are many like this.
    Cool, got a link to the business you bought the Patek & Rolex from? I'm interested in what they have.