Code of Conduct

Question Good Scent for Lawyer

What do you think a good scent for a lawyer would be? A real lawyer who is dedicated to seeking justice, not ripping people off or deceiving the public.

Default Re: Good Scent for Lawyer

TdH... or if you like go for Bleecker Street or Himalaya or GIT.... thats my 4 or's its all about what you like. ;-)
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Well props to you for your humanistic take on things.
    My first inclination, when reading your title, was to say Blenheim Bouquet which is a cool and slightly agonistic (adversarial) scent. I love it, do check it out.
    But since you want a warmer scent
    * Dior's Eau Sauvage. brilliant warmish classic EDC.
    * Mugler Cologne (frosted white bottle with green cap). A lovely, joyful scent.
    Cheers,
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I think Eau Sauvage is perfect, but Mugler Cologne is not. To my nose,Mugler Cologne smells like a perfume for youngsters or very light hearted adults. Lawyers need more pomp, more circumstance. I do love Mugler Cologne, don't get me wrong. It is a beautiful perfume. It is just that I think that a more formal fragrance is indicated for this kind of professional.....

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 6th October 2008 at 02:47 AM.

What makes a good scent for a lawyer? Do you have any special characteristic in mind? High sillage and loud? low silage silage and discrete?
    Last edited by irish; 6th October 2008 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    What do you think a good scent for a lawyer would be? A real lawyer who is dedicated to seeking justice, not ripping people off or deceiving the public.
    I don't know if I'm dedicated to seeking justice.... dedicated to my client, perhaps. I've always associated some of the stuffier British fragrances, like Floris Elite or Floris 89, as fitting an attorney. PdN New York would fit in,and leather scents work well also. To be honest I wear whatever I feel like in the morning, but at least those are what conjure the stereotypical attorney into my head.

ps. add Chanel Pour Monsieur (original version), Egoiste, or Tiffany for Men to the list.
    Last edited by bbBD; 6th October 2008 at 03:13 AM.

Caron's Yatagan generally disturbs the hell out of whoever happens my way. Waiting to try Kouros.

Blog Entries

a lawyer? err...why are they not human? i wouldn't be surprised.

I wear what I like, same as any other profession. Im in a suit, a tie, polished shoes, the least of my worries is whether my cologne smells like a lawyer or not.

my lawyer coming to me for a meeting something sublet or nothing.
    my lawyer going after one of my cases should wear gasoline or the most disturbing fragrance on earth.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Anything that smells good to you.

Dependent

quite an interesting question. candidly i just thought : are you smelling to please or repulse.

back to the topic, im not really sure, maybe being alittle more specifics, like a courtroom scent, or a scent to represent yourself entirely - socially, professionally.

lke hednic said, whatever smells good to you. coz all of us will be pouring our own personal faves out, which wouldnt really help would it.

2 personal friends are lawyers, one is a public prosecutor and he'es been wearing eternity and coolwater for the longest time. hope this helps.

Its great to hear of your ideals

A good strong scent that could state some presence would be givenchy gentleman, Dior ES, Dior Fahrenheit, Paco rabanne Pour Homme.

Burberry London--that is what I wear and I'm one of the good ones
    Last edited by ToughCool; 6th October 2008 at 12:57 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I second Blenheim Bouquet

Van Cleef and Arpels Tsar. A really classy, clean, yet deep scent. I think it's perfect for a respectable lawyer.

PS. If you succeed thanks to this scent, well, I have a tough case before court here in Hungary with a neighbour of mine...

Also, one that is forgotten on here but is classy and has been great for me over the years..Brooks Brothers
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

FWIW - as a trial lawyer, I prefer Green Irish Tweed or Original Calvin for office or courtroom use. Occasionally, in the winter months, I'll also use Mugler Cologne layered with Polo Green or Farenheit.

A public interest and public justice devoted lawyer might be great in one of my favorites, Guerlain's Vetiver. I say that because vetiver scents in general offer a sort of approachable candor in my mind. Most anyway, and Guerlain's does before most.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Blog Entries

POLICE.

Dependent

2nd vote for JPGuerlain Vetiver(not the extreme ver.)

am no lawyer but Guerlain along with bvlgari have produced a great variety for me the most likable male scents. closely tapping on the the heels are Dior

as i said earlier, this qn too generic would not narrow down a "lawyer's scent" one bit, coz everyone's definitely going to sell their perspective for free. its become more of a "top executive- esque" suggestion

i thoght lawyers would konw better(to ask qns that yield the most confining/cornered replies posible) lol kidding
    Last edited by MFJ; 6th October 2008 at 04:25 PM.

Guerlain Vetiver
    Yatagan

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Also, one that is forgotten on here but is classy and has been great for me over the years..Brooks Brothers

I had a moment of dejavu..... imma check it out....... extremely familiar but hardly available here no more.

Armani Code

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I had a moment of dejavu..... imma check it out....... extremely familiar but hardly available here no more.
    The original one, not 1818. I love it. It is classic

--Ben Hogan

Montale's Greyland or Nasomatto Duro. Both these project a business-like no nonsense vibe that would be befitting a lawyer.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Paul Smith Story for the old law books out of the library feel
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe