Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sotd Monday 6 October -08

Good morning everybody. Have the first shift today,so up EARLy,EARLY today. Sotd is chosen by Riannon.It's the gorgeous Jicky and it's perfect for my mood today Have a smooth start of the week all! Sote is Hypnotic Poison.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 7th October 2008 at 11:32 AM.

Default Re: Sotd Monday 6 October -08

Good morning Ines Ah, I thought you would be early. Now, come here and let me sniff you....hmmm, Jicky suits you well.

Lavender for me as well this early morning, as chosen by Silverbullet.

Amber and Lavender

Jo Malone made this for her husband but I really love this fragrance. For the moment I am only wearing the body lotion after using the bath gel. Strong enough for a business meeting. But I will take a small decant with me to touch up.

Silverbullet, I am pleased with your splendid choice

PARFUMERIEGENERALE
    BOIS DE COPAIBA

notes :
    crystallized orange pulp, red ginger, amaretto, copahu balm, mahogany wood, myrrh, sandalwood

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Allure/Chanel
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Bvlgari Au Thé Rouge - I reach for it a lot. I really should get decided already and either buy a decant of this or Ava Luxe Moroccan Mint Tea... Oh, why can't I have them both?

Off early for a meeting in Wales wearing TDC Bergamote - needed a bit of a lift on a Monday!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Dolce Vita this morning thanks to tdi on the Pick My SotD thread

Now testing RL Notorious. Smells very familiar but can't place it. Edit: figured it out, reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle!
    Last edited by jillsy; 6th October 2008 at 09:19 AM.

Smile Re: Sotd Monday 6 October -08

Guerlain, HERITAGE,

Ava Luxe - LOVE'S TRUE BLUISH LIGHT

Oooh, you all smell good.
    VM - hope you enjoy visiting my Mother Country and I hope everyone down home is extra nice to you today to keep our 'welcome in the valleys' reputation glowing.

I'm in Bulgari Black, loving it.

A big Monday morning hug to everyone, whether you need one or not.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Ambre by L´occitane. Didn´t dear to wear it saturday so I´m sporting it today.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Comme des Garçons VETTIVERU and while we're at it... a drop of Vetiver Oriental

Have a good week!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Oh yes, wordbird, I always need a hug on Mondays Hugging right back!

For me, it's CK's

Secret Obsession

Easy, feminine and unexpectedly woody. I am quite pleased with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Basenotes Plus

I'll never turn down a hug! Yes, hugs all around.

Ghost Deepest Night. Sultry, rich and sweet.

top notes: freesia, mango
    middle notes: honey, tiare flower
    base notes: sandalwood, vanilla

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

After a bad start (some wierd reaction to the curry my dear husband cooked for us last night!!)
    I am feeling human again and reaching for the very beautiful Ferre by Ferre. This is my favourite
    iris scent and I actually prefer it now to Iris Poudre. It really suits the damp, autumnal feel of the
    weather today.

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    I'll never turn down a hug! Yes, hugs all around.

Ghost Deepest Night. Sultry, rich and sweet.

top notes: freesia, mango
    middle notes: honey, tiare flower
    base notes: sandalwood, vanilla

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
    me too, need a hug, worked til midnight last night and now off to work in a bit. silly me.
    wearing Vamp, but it's too sweet for me today. she'll have to do.
    I may take a decant of Chant d'aromes or something for later.
    I always carry no. 19 in my purse, too.

Ghost, Deepest Night? I have a sample of Ghost Deep Night. is there is a difference or is mine a typo? I really like the sample I have and have been nursing it for about a year.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    me too, need a hug, worked til midnight last night and now off to work in a bit. silly me.
    wearing Vamp, but it's too sweet for me today. she'll have to do.
    I may take a decant of Chant d'aromes or something for later.
    I always carry no. 19 in my purse, too.

Ghost, Deepest Night? I have a sample of Ghost Deep Night. is there is a difference or is mine a typo? I really like the sample I have and have been nursing it for about a year.
    Yikes! Then you get extra (((((((rtamara)))))))

Yes, Deep Night and Deepest Night are two different frags. If I'm not mistaken Deepest Night was a limited edition, although I've seen it at a couple UK etailers. Don't think it's sold in the US anymore. I found some carded samps through a UK seller on ebay. I'd never be able to finish an entire bottle, because this is some potent juice. A little goes a long way.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Happy Monday to all.
    It was a lovely fall weekend here in New England.
    to start the work week I'm in:

The Different Company Sel de Vetiver

This a vetiver sans its usual citrus partner. There is a more herbal feel off the top before the quite realistic sel of the title shows up. Really nice scent.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Trying out Miller et Bertaux Close Your Eyes and....
    Courtesy of Ms. Lian

She sent this in response to my difficulties with Kenzo Amour. Sadly, this doesn't wear particularly well on me either Kenzo Amour went chemical. Close Your Eyes and went sour, then turned to Play Doh.

I have a feeling that this type of scent just doesn't like me very much.

Lian, thank you so much for the lovelies. I am going to pass this one on to another basenoter who may wear this beautifully. An evil scent twin who seems to be able to pull off a lot of the stuff I can't.

BlackCat - I hope you plan to check some bags when you come to DC.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

The Wordbird and I are scent twins today!!!

Yep, BULGARI BLACK ~ as chosen for me by Nenugal, from the 'pick my SOTD' thread!

I never get the burnt rubber/tire notes that many have described...it's really very warm, dry and comforting...just perfect...THANKS!

(((((((((((((((((((GROUP HUG!!! GROUP HUG!!!))))))))))))))))))

Lotsa Guerlains this ayem...and I am jumping right in with the beautiful

Mahora
    from a sample that one of you divine people sent me. (Organization is not my strongest suit) As a fan of florals - and especially of tuberose - I find this works especially well on me. The tuberose is muted, mellow, and smells closer to the blossoms that come into the flower shop, than do some of the more vocal and higher pitched tuberoses.(Criminelle - Private Collection etc)

Though only in the fifties at the moment, the temps will climb into the eighties again today - and I'm ready!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 6th October 2008 at 11:46 AM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I am trying Eau de Jatamansi. I liked the Verte Violette and the sublime Fleur d'Oranger better, and found them more feminine. But this is actually lasting a bit longer, and that is nice.

Moroccan mint tea sounds divine. What does it smell like?

Seem Like each one of you armed with a great scent to kick start the week!

I'm in Dior's Dune, one of my fav.

Cheers.

I'm enjoying all these hugs going around and sending them all right back. ((((sigh! mondays)))

I'm wearing Yves Rocher's Désir de Nature this morning.

Have a good day, all.

Oooooooo, oooooo -- ((((((MORE GROUP HUGS!!!!)))))

Back in town once again, moving slower than I need to, but smelling rather spectacular in a sample of Stephanie de Saint-Aignon Un The Au Sahara.

Un The Au Sahara notes (via Luckyscent): Green tea and mint bouquet, precious woods, patchouly, amber, spices.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Parfum d'Empire Aziyadé

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Rive Gauche pour Homme as SotD
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hi sloan, I am impatiently looking forward to this new Parfum d'Empire release ....should be days now and it should arrive at my fave store....
    Do you think it is similar to Arabie?
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 6th October 2008 at 12:34 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Eau Noire by Christian Dior

Haven't worn this in a while. I smell fantastic!

L'Artisan Poivre Piquant
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Going through my decants and found some Angelique Encens for me today.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Starting the day in LMDLV Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar

With Sloan, I too am wearing Aziyade, my current obsession. I wear it frequently and love it, can barely drag my nose from my wrist. It is a warm, spicy, cuminy gourmand.

I´m wearing the fruity delight Missoni today.

Hugs all around!!

Like it how Ms.W said about a hug "whether you need one or not". Hugs back right atcha all!

We also had chicken curry last night, from a magic powder jar which is a combination of something store bought, ground coriander seed from my own yard and something that a Vietnamese customer of ours brought once into a store. It was good, and the coconut milk muted the spices and added creaminess. And yes we got plenty leftovers left if any of you decide to unexpectedly pop by. If there are any fans, I still got lots of that ground coriander and can freshly make d*****s. This year we got some dill and mint in the amounts we will not be able to consume ourselves. Parsley and basil were not that bountiful, however, so I see some exchanges coming. Anyone?

Ms.R, the leaves of the maple tree a block over are turning the color of your current dragon wings. On fire?

I adore the new d'Empire Azyade. It vibrates some chords inside me (one other fine example of this will be Oliver Durbano Rock Crystal), it is like gene memories. I do not know.

Anyhow, I will wear Esteban Sensuelle Russe today that I am off work running around doing errands, one of them being a stop by a charity place to unload a bunch of old but wearable clothes and purses, and another being a visit to an old acquaintance of ours delivering cans of beans, toiletries. All is good. It is raining.

Good morning! I'm off to work early, wearing SABI.

Sur la Plage

Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

And an extra squeeze for SMM for making me think about applying Sel de Vetiver--I've layered it with Nanadebary Green, and I feel so freaking organic.

"No one condemning, you're lined up like lemmings ..."

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Good morning everyone!

Today off to work in Dior Homme. It seems to help me focus, for some reason, and hey, it's Monday.

I'm still reeling from yesterday's wonderful afternoon with the L.A. Basenoter's at ScentBar. Astaroth, TheAttorney, Asha, Turquoisewater, and I took over the joint with scent-strips perched beneath rows of fragrances. It was my first time meeting anyone with this hobby, and everyone was lovely. I had a blast (and, no, didn't purchase anything). Isn't Basenote's great? Thanks Grant!

Quarry - you look so cute and happy! Hugs to you and to all.

I'm wearing Kai perfume oil.

Declaration Essence (Cartier)

Wore Jo Malone White Jasmine and Mint to work and switched to a drop of Fraca's parfum afterwork for a pub dinner.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lushsoup View Post
    I'm still reeling from yesterday's wonderful afternoon with the L.A. Basenoter's at ScentBar. Astaroth, TheAttorney, Asha, Turquoisewater, and I took over the joint with scent-strips perched beneath rows of fragrances. It was my first time meeting anyone with this hobby, and everyone was lovely. I had a blast (and, no, didn't purchase anything). Isn't Basenote's great? Thanks Grant!
    You're torturing us, you tease! Tell us more, more, more! Nobody thought to take a camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    Quarry - you look so cute and happy!
    I don't hear the "c" word too often, so thanks. But you're right, happy, happy, Joy, Joy.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I've started my week with Juicy Couture. I love this scent but have neglected it for the past few months. .... so many fragrances and so hard to give each of them the individual attention they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Oooh, you all smell good.
    VM - hope you enjoy visiting my Mother Country and I hope everyone down home is extra nice to you today to keep our 'welcome in the valleys' reputation glowing.
    Thanks Wordbird, though I must confess I was up the other end in Flint. There was a great spread of chocolate biscuits with tea which equals a fine welcome in my book! My dad lived in Lampeter for 20 years so I once had family connections with Wales as well...
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Everyone smells FABULOUS today! I am wearing Shalimar thanks to Inees picking it for me...it smells divine.

It seems we're all quite cheerful for a Monday! At least I can smell things better. For me, nothing but Idole today. I love the top rhum note, and the soft spices afterwards.

Happy Monday, everyone

I'm rocking Jo Malone's Lime, Basil and Mandarin today.

Here's to a fab week!

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Dolce Vita this morning thanks to tdi on the Pick My SotD thread

Now testing RL Notorious. Smells very familiar but can't place it. Edit: figured it out, reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle!
    AHA! I thought the exact same thing when I tried this!

The sales assistant didn't agree though...

Oops, forgot my SotD - EL Pleasures delight (again). I've started to wear scents for 2-3 days in a row more often. There's something calming about that, plus you make friends with the scent more; it becomes safe.
    Last edited by Nukapai; 6th October 2008 at 06:57 PM.

SotE is Parfumerie Générale

Felanilla

freshly arrived in elegant and cute package with a black satin bow. Pierre did it again: a très chic scent which manages to be softly sweet but dry - I guess that's the combined effect of iris and hay. A fragrance containing some of my most loved notes: vanilla absolute, saffron, absolute of florentine iris, banana wood (!), hay absolute, amber.

Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 6th October 2008 at 07:04 PM.

Ellie D.

And I want to hear more about the BNers at the Scent bar as well!
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Yves Saint LaurentOpium Pour Homme

BalMan by Balmain

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I've always wanted to be someone's evil scent twin, Sakecat!

SotM: Sampling AL Moroccan Mint Tea (parfum), inspired by veuve's post. I feel like I ought to love this, what with notes of mint, tea, and sugar, but it just is slightly off on me--the mint smells a bit like the glue on the back of an envelope on me.

Ah well, another frag for Sakecat!

SotA: Decided on sampling Opus Oils Jitterbug ( to Taolady). Slightly indolic and very full jasmine, with a supporting cast of honeysuckle and orange blossom. Delish!
    Last edited by BlackCat; 7th October 2008 at 02:12 AM. Reason: changed SotA
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Bulgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge (eta, scent twins with veuve amiot :wave
    Last edited by tang; 6th October 2008 at 09:38 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

SotE - Mitsouko Parfum.

A bit of chill. Time to pull this one out. Enjoying the herbal / mossy goodness of the parfum. I'll probably revisit the EdP tomorrow.

ComDiva - big fan of Stephanie de Saint-Aignan. She does fabulous "mindless wear" scents.

BlackCat - everyone needs evil scent twins!!!!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Hi sloan, I am impatiently looking forward to this new Parfum d'Empire release ....should be days now and it should arrive at my fave store....
    Do you think it is similar to Arabie?
    Yes, Aziyade is similar to Arabie in its use of fruit and spices, yet somewhat lighter. On my skin, the spices in Aziyade come to the forefront and the fruit notes remain mildly sweet. Some have found the fruit notes resembling a strong fruit syrup or candied fruit but I do not find them to be that overwhelming. Aziyade is one of my new favorites BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    With Sloan, I too am wearing Aziyade, my current obsession. I wear it frequently and love it, can barely drag my nose from my wrist. It is a warm, spicy, cuminy gourmand.
    The cumin and spices won me over instantly. Nice choice

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

SodD for me was Annick Goutal's "Des Lys". Why, oh why did they discontinue this haunting beauty?

happy is the bleu heart<3

Are we still doing group hugs? Because I would like to participate!

I'm wearing Eau des Merveilles today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

(((((GROUP HUG))))) and special (((HUG))) for Shadesofbleu. You smell lovely!

SotE is Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, from a sample Ubuandibeme sent to me. Now that the weather is cooling off a little I can fully appreciate this stunning beauty.

Have a nice evening!