Code of Conduct

Thread: A Question

Question A Question

Has anyone you know tried to talk you guys out of Buying a fragrance? The rason for asking is someone I know is trying hard to talk me out of buying Polo Modern Reserve. I plan to buy.

Zerby.
    Last edited by Zerby; 14th October 2008 at 07:28 PM.

Default Re: A Question

"You have enough of those f***** perfumes already. Are you turning gay or something?"
    -My friend to me at the perfume counter.

Later we went to the bar and I chugged downed a glass of Guiness.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    "You have enough of those f***** perfumes already. Are you turning gay or something?"

I'm gay and I love chugging down Guiness! It's a meal in a glass

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I'm gay and I love chugging down Guiness! It's a meal in a glass
    The stuff is awesome

I forgot to add it's an in-joke between me and him, Guiness = manly beer blah blah blah

But on topic, that little anecdote is the only time I got talked out of buying a perfume. I usually talk myself out of it!

Man o man, do I get hassled from friends. Everytime we go to a mall or anywhere that has perfume, I need to go in to check if anything different is there since 3 days before. As my cologne interest has become an obsession, my friends have become more and more annoyed and continue to question my sexuality. I just shrug it off though, I smell good, and know I'm straight so that's there problem.

The stuff is awesome

I forgot to add it's an in-joke between me and him, Guiness = manly beer blah blah blah

But on topic, that little anecdote is the only time I got talked out of buying a perfume. I usually talk myself out of it!
    I wish I could talk myself out of buying a little more often. It is my one and only true addiction. A cocaine habit would be much cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Man o man, do I get hassled from friends. Everytime we go to a mall or anywhere that has perfume, I need to go in to check if anything different is there since 3 days before. As my cologne interest has become an obsession, my friends have become more and more annoyed and continue to question my sexuality. I just shrug it off though, I smell good, and know I'm straight so that's there problem.
    Isn't it interesting how people can think that an interest in olfactory artistry and sexuality have anything to do with each other? My friends just think I'm a little weird when it comes to my perfume buying habits. No one ever asks things like "what's chypre?" to me anymore, because they know I'll be talking for much too long!

Isn't it interesting how people can think that an interest in olfactory artistry and sexuality have anything to do with each other? My friends just think I'm a little weird when it comes to my perfume buying habits. No one ever asks things like "what's chypre?" to me anymore, because they know I'll be talking for much too long!
    Hopefully, it gets to that point, where they respect my interests, as opposed to constantly voiceing there negative opinions about it. They're trying though, I can understand how it can get annoying constantly being dragged into Sephora's and Macy's.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Hopefully, it gets to that point, where they respect my interests, as opposed to constantly voiceing there negative opinions about it. They're trying though, I can understand how it can get annoying constantly being dragged into Sephora's and Macy's.
    I feel your pain! I just tell them I'll meet up with them later, I'm on a mission; or better yet, I tend to go to the mall alone!

Thumbs up Re: A Question

The Person I know was trying to have me buy the new Gucci for Men. I like Polo MR better.

LOL. Just buy what you want to buy.
    At the end of the day, it's your money, your frag, and your decision.

Just hang around women rather than men !

Polo Modern Reserve is my sotd and it is incredible. I say buy it!

I get shit from all my friends about me liking frags as much as I do.

Meanwhile I'm the only one with a girlfriend and that doesn't smell like BO or TAG.

And thankfully that's why we have Basenotes.net

Dependent

Im queer as folk and i used to play football(soccer) in an amateur league. i certainly dont wear freddy mercury esque leotard shorts while doing my work out

MrClmind, your SO is sickeningly lucky coz im sure he gets to use all ur frags
    Last edited by MFJ; 19th November 2009 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Im queer as folk and i used to play football in a amatuer league. i certianly dont wear freddy mercury esque leotard shorts while doing my work out

MrClmd, your SO sickening ly lucky coz im sure he gets to use all ur frags
    And he knows it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekanic;
    Meanwhile I'm the only one with a girlfriend and that doesn't smell like BO or TAG.
    I think I'd rather smell of BO than of TAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    I think I'd rather smell of BO than of TAG.
    What's TAG? I'm so bad at cyberspeak.

LOL I thought is was initials for something.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 16th October 2008 at 02:55 PM.

Everybody I know is always trying to talk me out of buying more frags

Truth be spoken, I do have a lot of stuff on hand actually.. oh well.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

What's TAG? I'm so bad at cyberspeak.
    Tag is a deodorant spray that is very close to Axe...

OMG I LOVE GUINNESS!!!

"What the H*ll do you do with all those colognes"
    "Why are you looking at that perfume, isn't Mitsouko for girls?"
    "Your Weird"
    "O God, Another Fragrance store, You Know Mark's gonna spend at least 2 hrs there"

Yet, I flirt with more women, I know more women, I actually appreciate fragrance and the world around it, and I don't purchase the boring scents that I know people around me will have on.

Hmm, its 12:04 a.m. and all im thinking about is going to the fragrance store and picking up Jicky. Is this normal? For us BNers, i think it is.

While my wife ask for my permission to buy more new fancy Guerlain shades, she would never try to talk me out of buying perfumes!
    At least, I`m in charge of HER PERFUME WARDROBE too!
    Vetiver The Great!!!