Code of Conduct

Default Have AdP Colonia Intensa. Worth investigating the others?

I currently own AdP Colonia Intensa. Is it worthwhile investigating the others of the Colonia series? What's your opinion.

Default Re: Have AdP Colonia Intensa. Worth investigating the others?

You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you don't smell the others, although, to my mind, you have already made the best choice of the three.

Sur la Plage

I think you should sample the others, and then decide for yourself. Personally I prefer the original Colonia, where I feel the rose note really shines and is lost in the Assoluta and Intensa versions.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

To my inexperienced nose, the original Colonia smells similar to Penhaligon's Castile, so if you've tried it you probably know what to expect. It's a great and conservative scent, but as much as I admire it, it's my cup of tea. The Assoluta didn't particularly impress me, but to be fair I've only tried it on a paper card and after sampling more than a dozen other fragrances. Out of all the AdP products I've tried that day, I've liked Cipresso di Toscana the most. Still have to give my other three samples of the Blu Mediterraneo series a good wearing.

But like others suggested, no point in going by reviews, sample them yourself, even if you end up not liking them, the fun of hunting them down and trying is worth the hassle

Of the 3 Assoluta was the worst on paper but the best on my skin. It also gave me the greatest longevity. Intensa was gone from my skin within an hour...

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    Of the 3 Assoluta was the worst on paper but the best on my skin. It also gave me the greatest longevity. Intensa was gone from my skin within an hour...
    Ah thanks. Part of the reason I am asking is that the Intensa lasts about three hours on me. I'd like something that has a bit better longevity.