Code of Conduct

Default I asked EL why they discontinued DK Fuel

Maybe one day they will actally listen ? or maybe not......

I went straight to the source and mailed. Asking , why the...they discontinued DK Fuel when it seemed so popular. I also mentioned that it was ten times better then the stuff they (Estee Lauder Companies) are releasing now.

Today they mailed back and this was what they answered:

Dear mr....

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate the opportunity
    to address your concern.

Whenever a product, such as DK Fuel, is discontinued, it is not done
    capriciously or without taking into account many important factors.
    Decisions to discontinue a product are made in response to consumer
    preferences and purchasing patterns throughout the country. Sometimes, a
    product is discontinued to make room in the line for a more technologically
    advanced formula.

Of course, we are concerned when a consumer's favorite is no longer
    available, and we thank you for taking the time to let us know your
    thoughts and needs. They are important to us and you may be sure they will
    be shared with all appropriate executives.
    You are valued as our consumer. We look forward to seeing you at one of
    our counters in the near future.

That last sentence: " They are important to us and you may be sure they will
    be shared with all appropriate executives. "

I doubt it she means it, or it's just a polite answer.....Sigh....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I asked EL why they discontinued DK Fuel

I am surprised you received such a pleasant answer. I would be more surprised if a company ever acknowledged that they made a colossal mistake. Aramis Havana??????

sounds like a canned reply. most likely intended to answer the most common complaint which is the discontinuation of makeup shades.

toppermost in fragrance development is Karen Khoury: kkhoury@Estee.com
    maybe you could email her.

this press release may be of interest:

ESTÉE LAUDER COMPANIES OFFERS "GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN" PROGRAM TO HELP CONSUMERS LOCATE DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS

Loyal customers are often deeply disappointed when their signature scent or perfect shade of foundation is discontinued. Many then devote countless frustrating hours trying to find a replacement. In keeping with our commitment to innovation, The Estée Lauder Companies has introduced Gone But Not Forgotten, a first-of-its-kind program to help consumers in the United States search for discontinued products.

When a request comes in, the Gone But Not Forgotten team searches high and low for the customer's discontinued product. If it's found, she may purchase up to six pieces (depending upon availability). Searches can only be initiated for products in a participating brand's regular product line; seasonal or promotional products are not included. So which brands participate? Estée Lauder, Clinique, Origins, Prescriptives, Bobbi Brown, Aramis, MAC, La Mer, Jo Malone, Donna Karan, Rodan + Fields, Tommy Hilfiger, Bumble and bumble, Lab Series for Men, Michael Kors, Darphin, American Beauty, Flirt! grassrootsTM and good skinTM.

The Gone But Not Forgotten team can be reached at (800) 216-7173 between 9am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday.

We look forward to hearing from you!

i miss Aliage

Post Thanks / Like

I got the same canned response when I asked about Havana. They didn't even acknowledge my question about South African production.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Post Thanks / Like

start a petition.
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

Aliage is still available on the website under "The Classics"

Quote Originally Posted by my mascara View Post
    i miss Aliage

Lightbulb Re: I asked EL why they discontinued DK Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
    Aramis, [...] Donna Karan, [...] The Gone But Not Forgotten team can be reached at (800) 216-7173 between 9am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday.
    One way for activists to send a message to Estée Lauder would be to contact this team requesting Havana and DK Men. I'm sort of curious what they'd turn up.

Sorry for resurecting this old post of mine, but the postie just came by and man, I couldn't be happier!
    I posted this about a year ago (in my mind it was way longer for some reason) and here I am , holding a brand new bottle DK Fuel in my hand.
    A big thanks to all fellow mailers, Fuel fans. There is hope after all. Yeeehawww!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    I am surprised you received such a pleasant answer.
    Try to ask A&F why they ship to all the hell holes on Earth and not to some EU countries... I laughed my ass off at their reply. They expect me to go to London to buy their stuff. That's really cool, how about I buy some designer stuff online and have it shipped here for the same price their stuff+flying to London would cost?

See your thinking under the idea that Estee Lauder Inc.loves or cares about fragrances like you do. Well they could careless they are simply a company looking to make a product that produces enough revenue when added with their many other products to cover their costs.

Most likely 90% of the executive at EL don't even know what DK Fuel for Men is or even smells like.

It just being silly like asking for New Coke to be added back to the markets...?

Post Thanks / Like

For Lauder for Men, which is hard to find, they sell it for a reasonable price on their website. Maybe they should add a few like Havana, Aramis 900 & DK Fuel. Just a thought.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976