Code of Conduct

Default wardrobe as savings acct manifesto

right now I really ought to sell a couple of bottles, but I can't bring myself to do it!

I've been thinking about this awhile, then it hit me what I'm really doing is . . . not touching the money in my savings account. actually when I buy at a really good price and sell for a little more it's a better return on the money spent...than some boring old savings account would be, and I get to use some fabulous scent while it sits there!

for "wardrobe as savings acct" you have to stick to niche and only what engenders a frenzy at auction. I mean you have to be certain you can get something for it. if it's not coveted, you can't sell it when you need to and you'll lose money.

the argument goes you see that for the present it's good to buy bottles that I can surely sell later, and consider this: wouldn't I just p---- away the money otherwise? (yes)

that's the niche wardrobe as savings account manifesto
    Last edited by perfumeboss; 7th October 2008 at 02:11 PM.

Default Re: wardrobe as savings acct manifesto

Well, that's a fairly time consuming savings account (scouring for deals, posting, mailing, describing, photos, etc, etc), but if it works for you, go for it!

Default Re: wardrobe as savings acct manifesto

I don't mean to be ... well, mean, but I can't go for this at all. Maybe it's because the financial crisis has suddenly caused me to become deadly serious about saving money.

A savings account is for emergencies. Emergency funds need to be liquid -- that is, easily accessible when needed. You can never guarantee that you will have a willing buyer for any of your fragrances at the time when you need to convert them to funds.

"and consider this: wouldn't I just p---- away the money otherwise? (yes)"

My advice would be to learn not to piss away the money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sympathetic. I've been lemming for a bottle of Amouage Lyric Woman for about two weeks now and I am determined not to spend a single penny on any discretionary purchase that does not directly contribute to my financial wellbeing.