Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SotD Thursday October 9th, 2008

Finally...testing two Crabtree and Evelyn fragrances that have really beautiful packaging. Sarawak (green and fresh) and Nadira (rosey and powdery). Both are lovely and can be purchased at a great price. Staying power is so so, but for the price...who cares?

Default Re: SotD Thursday 9th of October

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    ** Many thanks folks for the most kind remarks and good vibes sent his way. I personally think it helped him immensly, as all thought is energy and energy is what we are all about.

As of right now, he is off the critical list and, having had bladder blockages cleared and urine buildup relieved with antibiotics given to stop any infection, is on the mend with an ETA home of 5 PM tomorrow. Gracias all!!

SotE is Gratitude For Friends Like You
    That's wonderful news; very glad to hear. Take good care!

Stunning stunning piece of work Ms. TWolf.

Had layered Possets Eve with the 3 hour old Missouri. Someone on the Possets forum had mentioned the similarity. Eve is moss where Missouri is floral. Both are pretty and both share a really pretty vanilla musk drydown that last 11 hours.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

KBE - glad the kitty is on the mend.

Hugs.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Xdattax, Jaime B- belated birthday kisses to you !!!
    Sorry I missed.

Broke our fast the classic way-
    Chinese food.
    Nothin' like it.
    God, I love our family.
    All my beautiful men together...SIGH.

Sleep well, honeylambs.
    I'm going for Coco parfum for bedtime.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY XDATTAX & JAIME B!!!!

I am wearing the wonderfully sweet Viva La Juicy
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Alexander McQueenKingdom edp

Continuing yesterday's vanilla theme for my day scent...

SotD: Serge Lutens Douce Amere (with many thanks to the amazing Tang!!!)

I have worn this a few times now, and I can't get it out of my head that DA smells like a niche version of Kenzo Amour. It is a vanilla wood scent, soft and sweet. In fact, sweeter than Amour, but just a tad shorter in longevity. Kenzo is slightly edgier, I think, but Douce Amere is quite lovely.

SotE: Miller Harris Cuir d'Oranger

I just got a partial bottle from a BNer--it was sitting on my doorstep today, yay! I smell an orange-leather-chypre and one of the most amazing uses of oakmoss I have smelled so far. Dry, dry, dry, but so beautiful.

Happy birthday to JaimeB! And get-well wishes for KBE's precious kitty!
    Last edited by Asha; 10th October 2008 at 02:46 AM.

John Varvatos for Her. not sure how i feel about this one...

That's wonderful news. I hope you and kitty spend many more years together.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Twolf, that pouch really is lovely. And I do think it takes talent to pick the design, center it, etc. (You should see my needlepoint! )

I skipped wearing fragrance at synagogue today but did sneak in a try of Avon Topaze (vintage--discontinued) before I left. It certainly smells richer and higher quality than one might expect from Avon, although it's not up my alley.

SotE: A la Nuit on one wrist, Sarrasins (thanks to the lovely Asha!) on the other. It's early in the spray-off, but so far I'm preferring A la Nuit as a bit more skanky and indolic. Both are lovely, though.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 10th October 2008 at 04:34 AM.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Thank you guys again for your kind words of appreciation. So far I have not got any PMs requesting this and that. I love doing it, helps me relax and make something out of just single stitches. Sometimes I hear the stories how little stitched pieces just sit in plastic bags being tucked away in the remote area of the closet and this is sad. When I make something, I would like it to be used, not just a wall-hanging in a frame well... on your wall. Too boring! So far I made pillows, bookmarks, bread covers, baggies, towels and doilies. Clothing is too risque, I suppose. Please send me your ideas as for the finishes, in other words what to make out of the stitched piece. Sun glass cases? Box tops? Cosmetic bags? More kitchen textiles (aprons, pot holders, mittens)? What type of closure? What type of designs? Monochromatic vs. multicolored? Geometric vs. realistic? Oriental vs. Western? What would you like to see/use more? (Please do not worry about the money, we can discuss it in mls, later ).

Oh yeah, musse and tinker, you both have your projects in the works! Another mouse pillow for musse and a surprise animal for a Little Tinker (not so much of a surprise for her mommy though).

Just checked the mailbox on the way home from work to find a lovely package from tang. Among others she sent my SotE -- Lancome Magnifique.