Code of Conduct

Thread: Kenzo PH

Default Kenzo PH

In my quest for a pure marine fragrance I followed some of your advises and I tried Kenzo Pour Home.
    For not particular reason I have always ignored Kenzo, weir bottles, perhaps minimalistic and to some extent psychedelic.

I try it on my hand, I sprayed 3 times. The opening is sweet, nothing special really, just like many other fragrances. Then it comes a sublet ammonia smell that intrigued me, fresh ammonia, but it really really gets interesting after an hour or so .. wooooooow. Raw, salty, aquatic, shells,foam, dark blue. Very marine, beautiful, it does not smell "pretty" but it sure makes me feel good. Amazing how they replicated the smell of the ocean.

Then, and don't get me wrong here, after a few hours it smell to me like the aftermath of a warm, wet and passionated intimate encounter. Primal, pheromones, human. (must be the salt).

This is a unique piece of work, nothing I would wear to impress anyone but to satisfy me. In fact I have the feeling this fragrance can be get some bad comments. Nice one, I will get a bottle next week.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Default Re: Kenzo PH

You left out the smell of seaweed which is woven into it. I like it heaps too, it's like carrying the beach around with you.

But I've noticed that very few women seem to think much of it.
    Renato

I have it because I thought I should have at least one aquatic in my collection. But I have to admit, I don't like it very much.

It might be that Kenzo offers strong novelty value that soon wears off. I used it everyday for 2 weeks last summer and haven't touched it since. I found it intriguing at the start but then it failed to grow on me; a casual encounter that didn't evolve perhaps?
    Happy to ship my 75% full bottle off to anyone that might want it. Just PM me.
    Cheers, Jim

yes yes I forgot the seaweed that is very present , good catch.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

To me it opens up with a loud acrid top notes. after an hour, it settles down and smells like a breeze of salty sea air. longevity is more than 5 hours on my body. i really like Kenzo PH sample vial. it doesn't have that loud acrid top notes, and the ingredients feels more natural compare to the 100ml bottle (smells synthetic). the current bottle design is way much better than the early version.

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    It might be that Kenzo offers strong novelty value that soon wears off. I used it everyday for 2 weeks last summer and haven't touched it since. I found it intriguing at the start but then it failed to grow on me; a casual encounter that didn't evolve perhaps?
    Happy to ship my 75% full bottle off to anyone that might want it. Just PM me.
    Cheers, Jim
    Try use it after a long day at the beach. It may be night time, but it kind of just keeps the beach day going.

Oh - and never, ever use a scent every day for two weeks in a row, unless you want to get sick of it and never wear it again.

Also, the phenomena of olfactory block should have made it pretty hard to perceive the scent properly after three or four days.
    Renato