Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thumbs up Re: SOTD - Friday, 10 October 2008

HOT Always by Bond No. 9 (2003)

Default Re: SOTD - Friday, 10 October 2008

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Mokha (reissue)

A coffee gourmand unlike Rochas Man, Pure Coffee, or New Haarlem. This one is pretty much just coffee, with a touch of vanilla, and nothing else. VM was discontinued and has been reissued, but I don't know if it's back permanently, so if you like coffee fragrances grab this one!

Gucci by Gucci

Millesime Imperial-------> Creed

AromiErotici

Opium EDP

Maybe it can cover up my BO and smokers stench I've been told I have by certain members here.

Sur la Plage

Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Serge Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Tom Ford Pour Homme
    Gary

As planned, the tree moss edition of Mitsouko EdT. As I noted before, I like the fact that the vetiver note in the EdT is not overshadowed by anything. It's lovely.

Gucci Pour Homme II

Ted Lapidus Pour Homme
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Jaipur

CDG Sequoia

Paco Rabanne Black XS.

I love it. I don't get the fruitiness on my skin that many complain about. My experience is completely spicy and rosy. It's a very big contrast from everything else I own and was the perfect addition.
    Last edited by dynendal; 10th October 2008 at 05:37 PM.

ADP Colonia Intensa

Encre Noire

Vetiver Dance -Andy Tauer

L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe

Basenotes Institution

Obsession for Men by Calvin Klein

L'Occitane Vetyver
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Kyoto

bandit

Versace Homme 2008. Nice and laid back for a casual Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Tom Ford Pour Homme
    Gary
    Same here

sote:

Guerlain Vetiver

Bois du Portugal
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac

Another one in CSP. After yesterday's smooth (and enjoyable) Gendarme EDP, I wanted something spicy, and chose L'Eau du Gouverneur.

Day:
    Parfum d'Habit by MPG. For a while I've been thinking if this really is on my top 5 list. There have been a few contenders in the past month and this fragrance had the most unstable position. Today when I wore it, I realized how mistaken I was. You have to be in the right mood for this fragrance. I had a shiver run thru the back of my neck with the initial blast of Parfum d'Habit. No other fragrance ever does this.

Evening:
    Dior Homme by Christian Dior.

Late night:
    Dior Homme by Christian Dior.

Perfect day.
    Last edited by Mostapha; 11th October 2008 at 09:16 PM.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

SotE on Friday Oct 10: Jicky comparison

Left arm: Jicky EDT (thanks to Lush Soup!!!)
    Right arm: Jicky EDP

I have only worn Jicky EDT once before, and it was my first exposure to Jicky. I remember the moment so well--at first I did not know what to think of it. But within minutes, I realized that Jicky has a sort of "technicolor" development that is such an eye opener after smelling dozens of flat, linear fragrances. I am reminded of the scene in The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy lands in Oz--transported from a drab black and white world to an amazing place full of wonders and adventure. Scary to be sure, but also exciting and full of potential. However, unlike Dorothy, who was very ready to return home, I wanted the story of Jicky to continue. That first light spritz I had was painfully short-lived, and I felt like I barely had time to understand what had just happened.

Later, I read reviews about Jicky on BN and learned that many people preferred the EDP. I got a sample from TPC, and based on that experience, bought the EDP strength. So, I was left still wondering what the EDT is all about and why people thought it was different from the EDP. Now I know.

I can't say that the EDT and EDP smell radically different from each other. Most people say the EDP is "dirtier", and if your definition of dirty is "more civet", then I'd agree with that assessment. When I first sprayed the EDT, it was instantly more sweet and citrusy, alot less civet and the lavender was barely noticeable. There still is plenty of civet to be had in the EDT, but since the fragrance develops very quickly, the stage where the civet smells the strangest to me (the "moth ball" stage) is quite short. Other than that, the development seems to go quickly from the citrus top notes to a creamy middle of vanilla, lemon and light woods, and dry down is sweet vanilla. The civet does stay throughout, but it is not nearly as prominent. Development went from first spray to drydown in about 2 hours. The next day, it was completely gone.

When I first spray the EDP, I also get the gorgeous citrus notes. But at the same time, everything else was much stronger--more lavender, more patchouli, more vanilla, and more civet. It is definitely deeper and darker. The moth-ball stage lasts quite a bit longer, and the civet is more prominent from top to bottom in the EDP. But I must say, after my first couple of wearings, I really got used to the civet, and now that it has clicked for me, I enjoy and welcome this note rather than being repelled by it. It is such an integral part to Jicky's base. Development of the EDP was much slower than the EDT. Most times when I wear it at bedtime, I can still smell it the next day, although it is very soft by that point, so longevity is better also.

I can see owing more than one concentration of Jicky to suit the occasion. The EDT is perfect for day wear, and is very much like a traditional cologne with the strong citrus components being the main attraction. The EDP evokes a more pensive and relaxing feeling due to its rich base notes, and is wonderful for evening or bed-time wear. I love both of them, and now I really want to try the parfum!

Coffee: Sumatra Blue Batak "Tarbarita" Peaberry, home-roasted, hand-ground, and brewed in a Bodum French press
    Music: The Doors -- Greatest Hits

Fiedler's Supplies (Springfield, MO) "Spear No. 7" 11/16 straight razor
    Rooney Style 1 Size 1 in Finest Badger shaving brush
    QED Vetiver shaving soap
    Witch-hazel
    Caroline Herrera Sensual Vetiver EDT

Blog Entries

Givenchy π Neo

Creed Epicea