Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Friday 10th October, 2008.

Un Jour Se Leve - and let's hope it's a good one for you all!
    It's Breast Cancer Awareness Day at school and we teachers are
    all wearing something PINK, hence my choice of scent - with its
    pink, rhubarb-shaped bottle.

Default Re: SOTD Friday 10th October, 2008.

Trussardi Uomo
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Roberto Cavalli Serpentine for me today

Smile Re: SOTD Friday 10th October, 2008.

Pierre Bourdon for EDITIONS DE PARFUMS FRÉDÉRIC MALLE

FRENCH LOVER

KenzoAmour.

Good morning everybody Today I decided to go for an old love,JPG Classique.it's been rather neglected lately. Hope you all have a nice friday...I'm off tot work again after a few days off.

TGIF!

The warm and elegant BEL AMI
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

I'm in BLACK CASHMERE

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Serge Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan for me today. Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

A La Nuit, again

I just love it and I made a tiny decant for myself to bring to with me during the day if I feel the need to refresh it. Idea is that I won´t spray as much in the morning but re apply during the day and maybe the bottle wont run out in a week
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Basenotes Institution

YSL Pour Homme by YSL

First time from a brand new mini that I scored off Ebay - I think it's an old mini, probably atleast 10 yrs old. Not sure if YSLPH was reformulated, but this stuff smells potent!

Mornin', honeys !
    Smelling good, as always.

Musse, I want to wear my Kenzo Amour- can't wait to try the parfum when it's released; but I'm freelancing today-
    So, I'm in Coco parfum.
    [I MISS my mouse avatars...sigh]

[I'd rather be in Kama, all aswim in ambergris and spices, LOL...maybe later, for bed]

Have a great day!

Compared Chergui and Ambre Narguile this morning - one on each wrist. I finally got that apple pie note people talk about from the AN! Mmmm so yummy.

I'm wearing something recommended by the Two Chayas.

Comptoir sud Pacifique Vetyver Haiti

This is a brisk woody vetiver which is mellowing from its very strong start into something more smooth and refined.
    Excellent choice for a Friday.
    Have a great one everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Still on another Possets kick. Got a couple really large packages from them recently and just now being able to dig into them properly.

Last night's SotE - Possets Ohio. If you wear AL Loukhoum well and like smelling of peanut butter, you will enjoy this. Sadly, AL's Loukhoum goes acrid and wrong on me and I like eating peanut butter, not wearing it.

Today - Possets Mississippi. Red Kool Aid.

Today is a day of installing computer peripherals (ie crawling under desks), filming tutorials and very important meetings. Guess what I get to do first.

Good thing I managed to catch up on some of the sleep I lost during Insomnia Week.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Commes des Garcon 3 ( thanks to mikeperez's generosity!) Ireally am enjoying this one so far.

Sorry to hear about your cat kbe I am still doing kitty hospice care for my cat Victor. I hope your little furball recovers from his/her illness.

Tom Ford Black Orchid Voile de Fleur

From a sample - Balenciaga's Cialenga...after a fresh green opening,, light-hearted flowers over an equally light-hearted oriental base. Rully pretty for another warm day.

"...Top notes are citrus, fruits, cassis and greens. Middle notes are rose, lily of the valley, orris, clove, ylang ylang and jasmine. The base notes are vetiver, cedarwood, oakmoss, sandalwood and patchouli."
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Bulgari - Black

Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien again.

TGIF!

Parfumerie Generale Aomassai today. Have a nice day!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Wow...the beautiful cacophony of fragrances pouring out of this Thread!

Azzaro pour Homme as SotD. Taolady turned me on to this and how happy I am she did!
    Last edited by kbe; 10th October 2008 at 04:37 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I miss everyone!!! Hoping to get a bit more organized/manage my time better soon...

Dashing to work in Neil Morris Storm.

Top notes: Papaya, lime
    Middle notes: Delphinium, purple hyacinth
    Base notes: Tonka, golden musk, earth and marine notes.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

It's Friday and it's fabulous and I'm feeling fruity in

Patou's Sira des Indes

Sorry to hear there are some poorly pussy cats on this thread

Marc Jacobs AMBER splash! I like this one better with each wearing...the powderiness in the opening is almost rosey...mmmmmmmmmmm!

Le Labo Rose 31

Cote Bastide AMBER

TGIF and Hi everybody!

I hesitated in front of my perfume cabinet this morning. Then.....

Cuir de Lancôme

I'm in the midst of one of those "too many lovely fragrances too few hours in a day/days in a year" period
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

L'Artisan Ambre Extreme. I can't get enough of this frag lately.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

more lil' angel for me today.
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

I am yummy in Annick Goutal Songes.

It's the Friday before the long weekend for us canucks -- Canadian Thanksgiving is on Monday.

Traffic was light this morning, which was very nice.

Easing into the weekend with a dab of Madame X on each of my wrists. Love it!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Basenotes Plus

Frederick Malle's Une Rose
    gotta run........

Never mind....changed to Chanel BEIGE
    Last edited by RHM; 10th October 2008 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Changed my mind after showering
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Le De
    Thanks to Lushsoup , I'm samping all manner of Givenchy's invention: vintage, reissued, and Long Lost Perfume's version. I've been waiting for a peaceful day to try this, and that day's finally here: the daughter left for New Orleans yesterday, DH and the dog are taking care of rental property in another town, no clients are expected to interrupt my day. The air is clear, the sky is blue, and I'm working on a project that I may finish today. Ahhh, calmness.

I'm only a short time into wearing these but I've noticed that ...
    Vintage: Reminds me a great deal of Riesling wine.
    Reissue: Predominantly floral with a hint of artificial twang that I associate with almost all department store 'fumes. Very girly and pretty.
    Long Lost: Quite unlike the others, more of a woody chypre.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Pooor kitties !
    Sending pussyprayers for them.

LIB- I just love CdL bigtime.
    What a beautiful thing it is.

Eau de Cyprès by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Higher Energy, Dior

Have a nice weekend!

Trying Carthusia Ligea "La Sirena". Somehow I've got a full bottle of this but don't recall buying it. Maybe I need "Fragrances Anonymous" (no offense to my dear kith and kin in AA)!!! I'm liking the dry down more than the opening.....

Blog Entries

B&BW Black Raspberry & Vanilla silk body spray.

I like that the vanilla isn't prominent at all in the body spray. (The EdT, which I do not like at all, has a heavier vanilla note.)

Sur la Plage

Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm thanking lushsoup today, too , for enabling me to sample today... Frederic Malle Carnal Flower. Lordy this is beautiful! I'm luxuriating in my own scented aura this morning.

Le Labo Rose 31

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift;
    that's why they call it the present."

Rose Ikebana ~ rose, peony, magnolia, pink peppercorn, rhubarb, grapefruit zest, and vanilla honey

I am joining today's other amber wearers in the new EL Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang. Yes, dear reader, I bought it yesterday, after only one sniff. This is a very wearable amber, a loveable amber, a good-for-work amber, but not a run-of-the-mill amber.

Tom Ford Pour Homme
    Gary

coco chanel oolala
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

apres l'ondee

TGIF!

I am wearing Orazuli today.

TGIF! I'm wearing the ethereal En Passant.
    Last edited by Tovah; 10th October 2008 at 06:29 PM.

just got my 4 ml of musk ghazelle in the mail yesterday.....the maig potion all the evtean basenoters are raving about...aka "the real sex in the bottle".....the muskyness is animalistic yet not overbearing and not too stinky ...reminds me of Black Aoud .....however there is almost a hint of a sweet note in there.....the stuff is very potent - comes in black castor oil color and goes on real thick almost muddy.......i am layering it today with the the "cleanest" scent i possess - FM Outrageous! so far so very good....i am enjoying a musky note thrown into detergent zestyness of Outrageous! and two comments so far from others...

P.S ladies....this one is supposed to be the one "true aphrodisiac"
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

L'Artisan Parfumeur • Fou d'Absinthe

Quote Originally Posted by dimples View Post
    It's the Friday before the long weekend for us canucks -- Canadian Thanksgiving is on Monday.
    I thought Canadian Thanksgiving was last night with the start of the hockey season.

How 'bout them Leafs - eh?
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

I'm in SJP Covet.

SotD on Friday, Oct 10: Parfum d'Empire Osmanthus Interdite

Love the tea, leather, peach, floral. Although it reminds me of Bulgari Green Tea, its longevity is so much better. And there is quite a bit more complexity in the top notes. Nice, and an excellent fragrance for day and for the office.

SotE on Friday Oct 10: Jicky comparison

Left arm: Jicky EDT (thanks to Lush Soup!!!)
    Right arm: Jicky EDP

I have only worn Jicky EDT once before, and it was my first exposure to Jicky. I remember the moment so well--at first I did not know what to think of it. But within minutes, I realized that Jicky has a sort of "technicolor" development that is such an eye opener after smelling dozens of flat, linear fragrances. I am reminded of the scene in The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy lands in Oz--transported from a drab black and white world to an amazing place full of wonders and adventure. Scary to be sure, but also exciting and full of potential. However, unlike Dorothy, who was very ready to return home, I wanted the story of Jicky to continue. That first light spritz I had was painfully short-lived, and I felt like I barely had time to understand what had just happened.

Later, I read reviews about Jicky on BN and learned that many people preferred the EDP. I got a sample from TPC, and based on that experience, bought the EDP strength. So, I was left still wondering what the EDT is all about and why people thought it was different from the EDP. Now I know.

I can't say that the EDT and EDP smell radically different from each other. Most people say the EDP is "dirtier", and if your definition of dirty is "more civet", then I'd agree with that assessment. When I first sprayed the EDT, it was instantly more sweet and citrusy, alot less civet and the lavender was barely noticeable. There still is plenty of civet to be had in the EDT, but since the fragrance develops very quickly, the stage where the civet smells the strangest to me (the "moth ball" stage) is quite short. Other than that, the development seems to go quickly from the citrus top notes to a creamy middle of vanilla, lemon and light woods, and dry down is sweet vanilla. The civet does stay throughout, but it is not nearly as prominent. Development went from first spray to drydown in about 2 hours. The next day, it was completely gone.

When I first spray the EDP, I also get the gorgeous citrus notes. But at the same time, everything else was much stronger--more lavender, more patchouli, more vanilla, and more civet. It is definitely deeper and darker. The moth-ball stage lasts quite a bit longer, and the civet is more prominent from top to bottom in the EDP. But I must say, after my first couple of wearings, I really got used to the civet, and now that it has clicked for me, I enjoy and welcome this note rather than being repelled by it. It is such an integral part to Jicky's base. Development of the EDP was much slower than the EDT. Most times when I wear it at bedtime, I can still smell it the next day, although it is very soft by that point, so longevity is better also.

I can see owing more than one concentration of Jicky to suit the occasion. The EDT is perfect for day wear, and is very much like a traditional cologne with the strong citrus components being the main attraction. The EDP evokes a more pensive and relaxing feeling due to its rich base notes, and is wonderful for evening or bed-time wear. I love both of them, and now I really want to try the parfum!

Miller Harris • Feuilles de Tabac

I was in Datura Noir again.

White Patchouli
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Oh good, this is still open. I wore Sonoma Scent Studio WOOD VIOLET with my favorite purple dress. This was a second sampling - just wanted to verify that I really have to buy some. The answer? YES!
    Last edited by Haunani; 12th October 2008 at 03:30 AM.