Code of Conduct

Thread: decision time

Default decision time

After several times reading reviews and post then purchasing about 25 samples I have narrowed my choices to the following: Opium, Jaipur, M7, Gucci Envy, Aqua Bvlgari, Chanel Allure and Leau D'Issey.

I would catorgize opium, jaipur and M7 in one catagory of oriental spicy/woodsy and the other in more aquatic scents. Is this correct?

Opium and M7 seem similar to me so purchasing both may not be a wise choice. Is this just my untrained nose?

I really like all these but choosing is difficult. My wife says she likes them all the same not one over the other. Any suggestions? I plan on purchasing a few but all 7 at once could be cost prohibitive.

Thanks,

AromiErotici

Default Re: decision time

Opium and M7 are very different to me, but both are strong scents. I don't find that they smell alike.

I would catorgize opium, jaipur and M7 in one catagory of oriental spicy/woodsy and the other in more aquatic scents. Is this correct?
    Bvlgari Aqva and L’eau d’Issey are aquatic scents, that’s OK, but Gucci Envy and Chanel Allure Homme are much closer to “the oriental trio” (Jaïpur Homme, M7 and Opium pour Homme) than to “the aquatic duo”.

Opium and M7 seem similar to me so purchasing both may not be a wise choice. Is this just my untrained nose?
    They don’t really smell alike, but yes, they have some similar characteristics.

I really like all these but choosing is difficult. My wife says she likes them all the same not one over the other. Any suggestions? I plan on purchasing a few but all 7 at once could be cost prohibitive.
    You don’t have to buy them all at the same time… take your time…

Good luck with your purchase(s).
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I dislike both....too strong and nasty for my taste.

M7 have some medicinal smell, and Opium is kind of 90 years old lady.

On your list, I like Gucci Envy
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you all for your input. It is greatly appreciated.

I suggest taking more time, unless the samples are nearly used up. IMO, if you haven't sampled a frag at least 3 or 4 times (full wearing, with nothing else going on) then you really can't say if you like it or not. And those wearing should be spaced at least a week apart.

Thanks Bigsly. Good advice. I have noticed a diff the first time I tried M7 I didn't exactly care for it. Today I love it.

i dont like M7...i agree with my fellow basenoters...too medicinal...i loooooove gucci envy...i think ive probably finished six 100ml!!!
    Items for Sale

"Fragrance is a silent conversation. Would you keep talking, if no-one replied?''
    -Michael Edwards

i suggest chanel allure for like romantic situations, night wear. sensaul and very nice. for like day wear i'd go leau d issey but is a bit popular and not too common so maybe try bulgari. gucci envy again is very nice yet is used in night and romantic situation even though its up to the user. if you could get 2 i'd go for
    chanel allure
    leau d issey )or other day scents less common, look around)

Some fragrances I know are bottle worth with only one wearing, but those are few and far between. I agree with Bigsley--wear at least 2 ml, or better 5 ml, to be sure you really want it.

I own all of the fragrances on your list, and of these 7, M7 is my favorite. It would be my first choice.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

I can't believe the diff. in prices and availability. I have gone online to Fragrance.net, scentiments, beautyencounter, scented monkey, imagination perfume, bigdiscount, fragrancex, 99perfume, perfume emporium, strawberrynet, parfum1 and extreme perfumes. These were all well discussed with positive comments on several post. Only 2 have opium available in edp and just a few more with Jaipur edp. The prices range greatly. Is this common or am I just choosing hard to find frags. I believe these are all if anything over used and very popular. I am surprised the number of places that don't carry L'eau D'Issey and M7.