Code of Conduct

Default Pouring my heart out series...in other words...Ranting... :(

Today, i received my package...a package of 5 scents all blind buys(yerbamate, havana reserva, Ungaro II, Amouage & TDC Bois dIris) and over 50+ samples. of this I chose Knize Ten as an Sotd (on friday) coz I wanted to thank Two Roads, who went out of the way and sent me nice decants of K-10 and Giorgio for men (Vintage, I understand it's Two Roads Favorite!).

Knize Ten: I usually spray my Sotd (especially decants) when I am settled in my car. 4 sprays of Knize 10...one each on wrist and two under neck...now, those who have this scent would already have a big smile on their face coz they know how intensely beautiful 4 sprays could be

Knize Ten took me back to my childhood. What it reminded me strongly of is,(dare i say) my Mom's dressing table, it's drawers and its contents, especially talcum Powders (there is one by name Cuticura which is remarkably similar), nail polish removers and leather "finished" makeup kits and purses. This scent literally sucked me into that era and time. The overall aroma is unmistakably captured so damn well for me in K-10. A fascinating scent. I would say this scent is quite easily unisex because of its powdery nature...it may smell tad old fashioned on a women (only some maybe able to carry it off) but on a guy, this is a sure shot winner. This scent has a pretty linear approach and is unmistakably (powdery fresh) Green in it's feel with the powder never loosing its sight. I do not detect any citrus elements in the top notes. When reviews says a “blast of Citrus” - its nothing like an Etro Lemon Sorbet or an Issey or a Live Jazz or anything of that genre... The opening notes is anything but powdery herbal which is green (almost intense fern like sweet note) with a smell of sandalwood talcum powder aged in a metal container...this accord is surprisingly transparent. soon the powdery elements soon take over and this scent lingers on and on in this phase...The leather note in it is not like Heeley Fine leather. It’s more of (dare I say), a women’s leather bag found in an attic kind of smell. this purse must have definitely stored some form of Talc in a metal container and nail polish remover, this accord seems to have stuck on to the leather and the leather itself exudes a very powdery aroma. It’s only in the base notes that this beautiful phase tones down *sigh* and it reveals a different kind of leather note (civet?), very unusual (two forms of leather?). it along with some dirty vanilla and amber create a very cloud like, rich, suave accord which is truly what completes this fragrance...a masterpiece till it's last breath. a scent worth all it's accolades....think of it as the Kouros of it's time in a leather Jacket of Chanel Pour Monsiuer..how could it be, right? J

Giorgio for men(Vintage formulation): A refined oriental (same genre as Gentleman). Yes, it does smell like gentleman but minus the civet and boozy nature. For those who feel Gentleman is too dirty or dated, this should be the answer.

A spicy floral oriental revolving Patchouli note wrapped with the opening blast of floral elements with spices. The base is a rich layer of amber, incense & moss. I like Givenchy Gentleman a lot and this does resemble the same quite a bit but, this has a very different character altogether. The opening notes for e.g. it's very refined & clear with Giorgio, the sillage can drop jaws, and the very same opening in Gentleman is quite dirty, boozy and loud. This scent gets softer and powdery towards the mids with a very controlled sillage & lovely set of notes, especially of the patchouli flower. Overall a lovely progression of notes and a one which can be used daily...did I say daily? Yes! It’s so good that it could be easily something that you could wear daily and a type which people would remember or associate with you. A winner.

Ormonde Man by Ormonde Jayne: first sniff of this and you would be taken back to lot of scents...quorom silver especially ..but give it 7 minutes and this morphs into a terrific earthy note..the incense is fresh...feels like incense sticks been made..the smell of wet mixture..now wait..this reminds of another earthy scent, Creed Silver Mountain water ! yes! thats it! the midnotes is a green incense version of Creed Silver mountain water, period. the basenotes tone down the SMW notes a bit and leaves a woody trail with a clear note of incense. A thumbs up coz its a beautiful rendition and a wonderfully constructed scent. wow..im already loving it...Ormonde...i'm coming !!
    Last edited by jenson; 13th October 2008 at 02:34 PM.

Default Re: Pouring my heart out series...in other words...Ranting... :(

I love knize ten and have just ordered a 30 oz jug, but 4 sprays when in your vehicle? Seems to me to be pressing one's luck. Happy you survived.

Thanks for sharing this eloquent and enthusiastic set of reviews! They were a pleasure to read.
    Cheers,
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Nice read. Be sure to share on Querelle and Jubilation XXV.

Quote Originally Posted by richard d View Post
    I love knize ten and have just ordered a 30 oz jug, but 4 sprays when in your vehicle? Seems to me to be pressing one's luck. Happy you survived.
    i know exactly what you mean maybe the sprays is not that effective from a decant as from a bottle. and a 30oz jeez...thts massive...

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Thanks for sharing this eloquent and enthusiastic set of reviews! They were a pleasure to read.
    Cheers,
    Thnx Odysseusm! i lok up your reviews for every buy. your reviews along with Vibert and Foetidus are always helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Nice read. Be sure to share on Querelle and Jubilation XXV.
    surething freind..ill try my best to not screw up

Excellent and very descriptive reviews, my friend!

You have inspired my SotD choice for tomorrow.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default new ormonde jayne mens fragrance!!

you boys are in for a treat! i love ormonde man on my hubby and have bought isfarkand a few times for friends (only v special ones) and they all love it...i went into the shop last week and the girls serving there were wearing something outrageously wonderful! i begged them to let me try it which i couldn't because it's not finished yet, but they let me nuzzle their wrists! it's called 'third man' and has 3 types of vetivert which is the drydown...then lovely linda appeared and told me all about the charobot cuts of lime peel and mandarin which contain oil from the juice and the peel. anyway, it's very sharp and fresh - more similar to isfarkand than ormonde man and a bit like something else i once encountered at roja dove's but more modern - i think the girls said it would be a couple more months. but it already smells heavenly and ravishable!

Quote Originally Posted by richard d View Post
    I love knize ten and have just ordered a 30 oz jug

You sure you don't plan on drinking it, too?

Just kidding

Nice reviews Jenson!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Blog Entries

glad you like Knize Ten, man...i think it's just the work of genius that stuff.....it does have a very nostalgic feel to it, as if it is a scent locked in a time capsule of many years ago-----but that makes me love it even more!

nice reviews man...enjoy!

Thank you Odysseusm for bringing me here !

Everso, tell me about Knize Ten, how is it ? I'd like to smell it ...
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Thank you Odysseusm for bringing me here !

Everso, tell me about Knize Ten, how is it ? I'd like to smell it ...
    i've pm'd you