Code of Conduct

Default Sander for Man VS Jil Sander Man.

I have never tried Scents from Jil Sander, but im curious on scents that are uniqe and special, as i heard Sander for Man is.. Which one is the best? The classic Sander for Man, ore the newer release Jil Sander Man?

Default Re: Sander for Man VS Jil Sander Man.

Jil Sander's Sun Men is my Sander poison of choice.

For Man, by a mile IMO. It is a very well made fresh greenish fragrance which rises above the typical designer synth-cocktail. Man on the other hand is pathetically thin nothings. I've smelled unused perfume blotters that were more interesting.

The one you really have to try is 79 for men, though, a brilliant reinterpretation of the old "Man Pure" from 1981. Very expensive, unfortunately.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Sander for Men (for some reason, in the BN Directory “for Men” is changed to “for Man”) is one of the best Cavallier’s creation. It is fresh, spicy and very elegant. Cavallier didn’t use so many components creating this one, but he made a terrific scent. Black pepper plays the most brilliant role in this one. On the other hand, Jil Sander Man was a huge disappointment for me. I am very surprised that Annick Menardo participated in the creation of this scent. It is so far from her style. It has some displeasing retro character, with not much sense, I’m afraid.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I think that the naming issue is very confusing! All I know is that I have Jil Sander Man Pure Original -- in other words, the first men's scent by that company. It is long discontinued but still available with some hunting. Black box with thin red stripes.
    It is a sensual yet fresh scent. Lovely spices and a real energy. I like it. A bit barber-shop in vibe but quite classy.
    Cheers,
    Last edited by odysseusm; 14th October 2008 at 02:26 AM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by peevish_yolk View Post
    Sander for Men (for some reason, in the BN Directory “for Men” is changed to “for Man”) is one of the best Cavallier’s creation. It is fresh, spicy and very elegant. Cavallier didn’t use so many components creating this one, but he made a terrific scent. Black pepper plays the most brilliant role in this one. On the other hand, Jil Sander Man was a huge disappointment for me. I am very surprised that Annick Menardo participated in the creation of this scent. It is so far from her style. It has some displeasing retro character, with not much sense, I’m afraid.

If Sander for Men has the same uniqeness like Burberry Touch, i guess i will be satisfied! The bottle reminds me a bit of this one too..

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord
    If Sander for Men has the same uniqeness like Burberry Touch, i guess i will be satisfied! The bottle reminds me a bit of this one too..
    I have not thought about that so far, but yes, their bottles really share some similarities; even the colours of their liquids are very similar. To be fair, their caps are pretty different.
    Anyhow, I think that you should give a chance to Sander for Men. Maybe you like it; you have nothing to lose. Btw, another Sander scent which I like (Dimitri has already mentioned it) is Sun Men. It is a very… “sunny” scent.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Quote Originally Posted by peevish_yolk View Post
    I have not thought about that so far, but yes, their bottles really share some similarities; even the colours of their liquids are very similar. To be fair, their caps are pretty different.
    Anyhow, I think that you should give a chance to Sander for Men. Maybe you like it; you have nothing to lose. Btw, another Sander scent which I like (Dimitri has already mentioned it) is Sun Men. It is a very… “sunny” scent.

Unfortunately, but Sport, summer, sun, aqua-like scents is nothing for me... Egoiste is my signatur, and i guess that is a good description of my taste!
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 14th October 2008 at 08:22 PM.