Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Fragrance in Bangkok, Thailand

Pretty limited.. but here's what's up on offer:

Remember that as a tourist, you may get an additional 7% tax off in addition to what is written below. Some are priced very badly and are recommended just for sampling.

Van Cleef and Arpels -- Siam Paragon. Exclusive line about the same price as on Luckyscent.

Creed -- at Central World Plaza, find them at the fragrance department in ZEN Department Store or Siam Paragon.
    -- They stock the more popular ones like MI, SMW, GIT, Himalaya, REL, etc.

Juliette Has a Gun -- Siam Paragon - Beauty/Fragrance Department

Bond No. 9 -- Siam Paragon and The Emporium.
    -- Overpriced, but very complete line-up. Good to drop-by to sample things.

Santa Maria Novella -- now only available at Gaysorn.

Jo Malone -- at Siam Paragon, Central Chidlom, etc

Hermessence -- at Siam Paragon, find them at the Hermes Boutique on Floor G right next to the skytrain
    -- Useful for sampling. Marginally more expensive than buying elsewhere even after VAT removed

Chanel Exclusifs -- at the boutique at Siam Paragon.

Vintage Stuff -- None that I know of!

Diptyque -- no longer available

Serge Lutens -- at Siam Paragon -- find them at the "Shiseido" corner in Cosmetic Departments on Floor G
    AS OF APRIL 2010: Their stock is now VERY limited.
    AS OF OCTOBER 2011: No longer carried.

... And the usual run of the mill fragrances every where at retail prices ....

Be sure to try the plethora of food available. I've visited a lot of cities around the world, and Bangkok really is up there in the list of gourmets' dream come trues. Sensible prices matched with good quality are very common. Japanese, Greek, Crepes, Italian, French, Dim-sum, International Buffets, Spicy Thai Food, Korean BBQ, Street-side Food Stalls, Vietnamese, The Best Steaks, Seafood, Indian, Malaysian, and so on -- going on so far as to having Uzbeki and Swiss cuisine. Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to suggest where to dine.
    Last edited by moltening; 17th October 2011 at 10:33 AM.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fragrance in Bangkok, Thailand

Updated!

Does anyone know of the prices of Serge Lutens/Creed (in baht) in Bangkok?
    TIA!

Creed 125 ml ~6,600 Baht
    Serge Lutens 3,900-4,600 Baht

Hi mates! Does anybody knows is there Dior boutique with "exclusive" line in BKK?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav69 View Post
    Hi mates! Does anybody knows is there Dior boutique with "exclusive" line in BKK?
    I don't think so, but a Bangkok native might have more up to date info. I have visited many times and have never run across any Dior fragrances except the regular line.

Fragrance shopping in Thailand is pretty dire. Except for the brands mentioned above by moltening, about all you can find is the normal department store type stuff. Perfumes are also very expensive due to the high tax imposed by the Thai government.

BTW, last time I was there Santa Maria Novella had closed their shops in Emporium and Paragon and had moved to Gaysorn. I don't know if they are still open, but they had pretty much the complete line. Their sales staff are very friendly and accomodating.

I don't think the Shiseido counter in Paragon carries the Lutens line anymore.

All in all, there are many better things to do in Bangkok than shop for fragrances!

Hope this helps.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Central Plaza had promoted SERGE LUTENS ROUSSE (2007) -- http://www.centralplaza.co.th/Shoppi...rgelutens.aspx -- and specifiied that it is available at Shiseido counter at these branches of Central Department Store
    - Ladprao
    - Chidlom
    - Bangna
    - Pinkhao
    - Rama 2
    - Rama 3
    But I do not know when the company had promoted this.

1st EDIT
    I just returned from Siam Paragon and Shiseido Counter no longer has Serge Lutens, but I have not looking for it at Central World, Central Chidlom, and Emporium yet.

2nd EDIT
    Shiseido Sell Assistant at Central Chidlom said 'Shiseido no longer import Serge Lutens' so it is confirm that you can not buy it at the counter, but you can easily find this brand at online-shops.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 6th November 2011 at 01:58 PM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is the official facebook page of Creed in Thailand which show what available at their Thai counter in Siam Paragon --information from an album posted on 13th Nov, 2010
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Creed-...07862375949008

- Green Irish Tweed --I just bought it

- Millesime Imperial

- Himalaya

- Origianl Santal

- Original Vetiver -- I like the smell.

- Royal Water

- Silver Mountain Water

- Virgin Island Water

- Spring Flower

- Fantasia De Fleurs

- Fleurissimo

- Fleurs de Bulgarie

- Love in White

There have announced that 1st lot of Aventus have sold out.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happens in Bangkok, stays in Bangkok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hermes Boutique in Siam Paragon does not let you mix the scents in the 15ml*4 box (6,000 Thai Bahts = 193.67400 U.S. dollars) --which was a shame, I believe every other boutiques let you to mix it.

By the way, I can see why the boutique uses this policy since most people will buy the travel sized bottles instead of the full bottle.

BUT the worse part was the boutique did not gave any sample with my purchase.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 18th November 2011 at 03:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wit_Siamese View Post
    Hermes Boutique in Siam Paragon does not let you mix the scents in the 15ml*4 box (6,000 Thai Bahts = 193.67400 U.S. dollars) --which was a shame, I believe every other boutiques let you to mix it.bottle.
    I bought one of those 4-packs from the Hermes shop in Suvarnabhumi airport and they let me select four different fragrances, no problem. They were even forthright in telling me up front that I could do so. I didn't even have to ask.

Sounds to me like the management or SAs in the Paragon shop are clueless or are just being assholes. What's the point of buying a 4-pack if the fragrances have to be the same? It just doesn't make sense, defeating the purpose of offering such a product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I bought one of those 4-packs from the Hermes shop in Suvarnabhumi airport and they let me select four different fragrances, no problem. They were even forthright in telling me up front that I could do so. I didn't even have to ask.

Sounds to me like the management or SAs in the Paragon shop are clueless or are just being assholes. What's the point of buying a 4-pack if the fragrances have to be the same? It just doesn't make sense, defeating the purpose of offering such a product.
    Thanks for the infomation. I am going to have a vacation at Japan next month so I should be able to buy that.

The conversation went somewhat like this.

SA : Good evening, sir. May I help you.

Wit : I am looking for your Hermessence Collection.

--Walked to the counter--

Wit : How many sizes available ?

SA : We have 100 ml for *** and a set of 4 travel atomizers for ***

Wit : I would like to try .....

--After sniffed the whole collections available

Wit : I am trying to figure out which one is the best deal. A set of 4 travel atomizers seem to be a great deal.

SA : We are not allowed our clients to make a set of different bottles.

--Thinking 'WTF!!!'--

Wit : The set is really suitable to use on vacation. (I plan a family vacation in Japan next month)

SA : Our client love to use it when they are travel, but you get better deal with full bottle.

--Calcurate in my mind. Yes, it is really a better deal. Especially, if you do not allow to buy a box of variety scents. This is suck that Hermes had change their policy.--

Wit : OK! I pick Ambre Naguile.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 18th November 2011 at 10:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Posted on Creed Parfums Thailand -the official Facebook page of Creed in Thailand

Hold your breath and let's step to the royal road with 'Les Royales Exclusives', see you on first quarter of next year fans ;-)
    - Jardin d'Amalfi

- White Flowers

- Spice and Wood

- Sublime Vanille

- Original Cologne

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New brand available in BKK is Costume National, you can get it at Siam Paragon, Central World and probably The Emporium, too.

By the way, according to this article

Bangkok's 1st Oud Perfumery Boutique ''L’Atelier du Bois'' is going to officially opening soon at Intercontinental Hotel Bangkok in Ratchaprasong District, and this is the official website (http://www.fragrancedubois.com)

Where is the boutique ?

Answer : The boutique is towards the back of the hotel retail space. Walk through a large souvenir shop on the basement level and took some stairs out of that store which lead to the Atelier….It’s a bit of a maze, but easy enough to find.

Map of Intercontinental Hotel Bangkok located close to Chidlom BTS Train station and Gaysorn Plaza.

The website has some interesting read on oud in their brochures, but there is no information on their product and pricing yet.

Welcome to Fragrance Du Bois

...the Oud oil distillation and perfumery which is owned and operated by Asia Plantation Capital. Our new website is currently under construction, and will be launched at the end of July.

Grand Opening

The launch of our new website is timed to coincide with the grand opening of our first Oud Perfumery Boutique in Bangkok, Thailand - L'Atelier Du Bois.

L'Atelier Du Bois

The English meaning of "L'Atelier Du Bois" is "Workshop of The Woods". This choice of name reflects the fact that our boutiques will carry our own fragrance ranges, created by world famous Guest Perfumers.

Bespoke Fragrance

We will provide a bespoke fragrance blending service for our clientele, offering unique creations to private and retail buyers, crafted with the finest oud oils and other essential ingredients.

Sustainable Resources

All of our ingredients are sustainably sourced and produced under the control of our own Perfumery based in Grasse, Cote D'Azur - the world's fragrance capital.
    Now I want to know who are those world famous Guest Perfumers and it is prosible that BKK going to have some city exclusive oud perfume now.

This is a clip about the company that manage this brand.

More information on L’Atelier du Bois
    http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/235...r-Oud-Oil.html

The company is developing oud based fragrances under their own brand Fragrance Du Bois, as well as creating bespoke packaged and confidentially branded fragrances for private and retail clients.

The company recently completed their first Oud Boutique in Bangkok, L'Atelier Du Bois (Workshop of the Wood), at the Inter Continental Plaza and plan to open a chain of boutiques across Asia and Middle East regions over the next two years.

Over exploitation of Aquilaria Trees

Traditionally Oud oil and wood chips have been sourced from wild Aquilaria trees, but this practice was made illegal in 2000 by CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora). Since then the harvesting of wild trees has continued almost unabated. The effect of this over exploitation is that today these valuable trees have been almost wiped out in natural forest areas across many countries. Asia Plantation Capital has been credited with reintroducing the Aquilaria species to Sri Lanka in 2009.

A Sustainable Alternative

Shaima Matar, Oud Oil Sales Director at Asia Plantation Capital explains:-

"The importance of sustainable plantation grown trees for the future and protection of the Oud industry is linked with our commitment to ongoing research and development and our continually improving production methods. These have been key factors in helping APC supply 100% pure oud oils to the UAE and other global fragrance markets."

"Receiving an operational license from the Government of Dubai helps us to show the industry that we are not just another trader arriving in the Emirates with questionably sourced Oud oils. All of our products carry CITES certification and can be traced back to the actual plantation and trees they were produced from. Additionally we guarantee our oils and woodchips are 100% pure and not blended."

Key Market Presence

Investing in a licensed company in Dubai is also a further commitment to the sector and ensures APC has an important presence in the world's key market for Oud and is well placed to best service local commercial and retail clients. Having recently attended The Beauty World Middle East Exhibition in Dubai the timing of receiving this license was very important.

Plantation Visits

Buyers are welcome to visit Asia Plantation Capital's plantations and meet with the professionals on the ground that are making sustainability in Oud oil a reality.

Asia Plantation Capital is an owner and operator of a diverse range of commercial plantation and farming businesses across the Asia-Pacific region and globally as part of the Plantation Capital Group of associated companies. Their focus is on multicultural and diverse plantation projects geared to the domestic and commercial demands of the countries in which they operate. APC work closely with and support fragile local communities as an underlying core principle of their business, providing social and cultural support as well as investment to move these communities away from traditional deforestation and illegal logging activities as a main income source.

More information I found on the 'News' section of that company.

http://www.asiaplantationcapital.com...retail-outlets

APC Retail Outlets

In the first quarter of 2012, Asia Plantation Capital and their retail partner will be opening retail outlets under the 'Du Bois' (of the wood) brand at the Inter Continental Hotel Mall (Bangkok) and the Hilton (Hua Hin) in Thailand. A further planned expansion of boutiques is scheduled for Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Paris, New York and London over the next two years. Asia Plantation Capital's retail partner is already well established with luxury boutiques and property holdings globally under various brands.

The retail outlets will be unique in that they will be the only shops presently in the market selling oils and products where Asia Plantation Capital can guarantee the oud source from their own plantations. The outlets will also be stocking the main stream branded Oud fragrances.

Another unique factor which will set Asia Plantation Capital apart from any competition is that they will be the only bespoke Oud retailer offering an in-house, and in-store bespoke fragrance range, which can be created for high end clients by a master perfumer and bottled and branded to a client's specification.

The bespoke fragrance creation model has recently become one of the fastest growing sectors in the luxury fragrance industry, and Asia Plantation Capital have worked very hard to secure the services of one of the fragrance world's most prestigious fragrance houses as part of this project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The store is open with so many oud-based fragrances.

50ml for 99 USD
    100ml for 198 USD

http://store.fragrancedubois.com/ind...4&currency=USD
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 19th October 2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: updating the price

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan88888888 View Post
    Thanks for sharing my blog.

By the way, Bangkok's 1st Oud Perfumery Boutique ''L’Atelier du Bois'' is officially opened at The Intercontinental Hotel, Bangkok.

I walked pass it weeks ago when I hurry to a wedding party at that hotel.

and this photo from instagram confirm that it is really an oud boutitique that sells Dahn Al Oud aka. Aged Oud Oil costs around 118 - 202 USD for 6 ml (3,500 - 6,000 THB). The poster also mention that there is another boutique near by that offer aged cambodian oud oil which is in his oppinion better than what available in ''L’Atelier du Bois'' --the poster has huge collection of niche perfumes and oud oils from around the world, I think he might also be a BN member.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I'll be in BKK later this month and will check it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool. I'll be in BKK later this month and will check it out.
    It is located in the shopping arcade.

Direction
    1. go underground to the shopping arcade.
    2. take escalator upstairs and go to the survenir shop.
    3. walking throught the shop until you find a way to the hall with escalators on the left.
    4. Take the escalator upstairs and look around for the shop.

There is also middle eastern/Indian town in Bangkok near NaNa Skytrainstation that sell agarwood, attars, and oud oil.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you enjoy your stay.
    Thanks! I have stayed in the Intercontinental Hotel before and have some familiarity with what you have described.

Unfortunately I'm only spending one day and two nights in BKK. I'm going to spend nearly all my time up north and stop in BKK on the way back. I'd like to have a few more days there, but since I've been to BKK so much I thought I'd visit another place this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I have a stop over at Suvarnabhumi International airport and was wondering which fragrances are available. Particularly interested in Dior Collection Privee and Chanel Exclusifs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is no Dior Privee available here.

There are Chanel Exclusifs, Jo Malone, Hermessence, but I do not think the new 1932 perfume by Chanel is available there yet.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no Dior Privee available here.

There are Chanel Exclusifs, Jo Malone, Hermessence, but I do not think the new 1932 perfume by Chanel is available there yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A little bit update on perfume shopping in Bangkok.

- Chanel at Siam Paragon just invite people to try Les Exclusifs de Chanel: 1932.

- Siam Paragon also post a photo of an under-constructioned Dior Boutique with caption "Opening Soon" on their instagram so techicially Dior Collection Privee could be available their when the boutique officially open.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for update, khun Wit
    * Current Favourites *
    Amouage: Lyric Man & Essenza di Colonia Acqua di Parma
    Serge Lutens: Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit

Hi! I'm gonna be in Bangkok for a few days next week. Is there any Serge Lutens at all in Bangkok anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaCucaracha View Post
    Hi! I'm gonna be in Bangkok for a few days next week. Is there any Serge Lutens at all in Bangkok anymore?
    No, I don't think so, haven't seen any.
    * Current Favourites *
    Serge Lutens: Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by farang View Post
    No, I don't think so, haven't seen any.
    That's a shame. Too bad I just got my self an Aventus a few weeks ago. Nice prices on Creed here.

Posted on Creed Parfums Thailand -the official Facebook page of Creed in Thailand

- Jardin d'Amalfi

- White Flowers

- Spice and Wood

- Sublime Vanille

- Original Cologne
    Are any of these offered here in Bangkok? Price?

As far as I remember, fragrances in Thailand is quite expensive in compare with the retail price in the US. Can you guys tell me the price range of Comme des Garcons in Bangkok?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the prices for CdC, would have to check. Their selection may be good one month, and poor the next month so it varies quite a lot.

Regarding prices, fragrances are often expensive in Bangkok. White Linen at Siam Paragon is 40 % more expensive than in the tax free shop in Singapore. On the other hand, Creed was cheaper at Siam Paragon than in the department stores in Singapore.
    * Current Favourites *

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

CdC perfumes cost around 100 - 137 USD.

Kyoto costs around 2000 - 3000 THB.

The selection of perfume at the shop is quit limit. I recommend you try to find phone numbers of the boutique and ask them that which scents available to purchase now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaCucaracha View Post
    Are any of these offered here in Bangkok? Price?
    Cost 10,000 - 20,000 THB, but already sold out.
    I believe they only import 1 or 2 bottle for each scent.

I went to Siam Paragon only one day after the scent arrived and they are sold out.

CdC perfumes cost around 100 - 137 USD.

Kyoto costs around 2000 - 3000 THB.

The selection of perfume at the shop is quit limit. I recommend you try to find phone numbers of the boutique and ask them that which scents available to purchase now.
    Thanks Wit_Siamese, I'll have a look when I'm in Bangkok next month, I'm particularly interested in sniffing their Leaves series but since I've only smelled a dozen of CdG so far, I'm interested in sniffing anything

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Because of the time warp from changing the site. I think I should post these update again.

Diptyque -- Siam Paragon - Beauty/Fragrance Department

Annick Goutal -- Siam Paragon - Beauty/Fragrance Department (Next to Diptyque, imported by the same company)

Les Collection de Christian Dior -- Siam Paragon - Beauty/Fragrance Department --Need to ask the SA to try, they not put them on counter yet. Some are already sold out.

L'Artisan Parfumeur -- Siam Paragon - Beauty/Fragrance Department (Pop-up store available until the end of 2013)

News

The same company that imports L'Artisan Parfumeur is going to import Amouage and Penhaligons next. No information that they are going to have permanent counters or only the pop-up stores.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 6th November 2013 at 08:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Penhaligons & L'Artisan Parfumeur available at Siam Paragon till January 5, 2014.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 12th November 2013 at 10:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wit_Siamese!

BTW, how you liking your Memoir?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    Thanks Wit_Siamese!

BTW, how you liking your Memoir?
    Love it.

By the way, Amouage is going to be available here soon.

It seem to be my duty to also try Fate Woman and report my first impression here because I posted the 1st thread on Amouage Fate Duo before Amouage released information on them.

Hi Guys,

Do they have the Dior Exclusives in Thailand?
    Just wanted to know because I will be going there in December!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by halalula1234 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Do they have the Dior Exclusives in Thailand?
    Just wanted to know because I will be going there in December!
    Yes, recently arrived. At Siam Paragon dep store.
    * Current Favourites *

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, recently arrived. At Siam Paragon dep store.
    The counter for Privée line is not finished yet so you need to ask the SA to try them.

- - - Updated - - -

Fragrance du Bois

Fragrantica just have an article on this new house.
    http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Agar...Bois-4884.html

According to the official site http://www.fragrancedubois.com/en/
    The boutique in Bangkok is located at Intercontinental President Tower, Arcade unit L03, 973 Pleonchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan.

There are many boutique around the world at Dubai, London, Monaco, Paris, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand.

Their shades line is interesting and available at the BKK boutique.

http://www.fragrancedubois.com/lang/...ections/shades

The violet one (Mandarin, Black Pepper, Elemi, Frankincense, Tonka Bean, Nutmeg, Oud, Citrus, Musk, and Amber) sounds really delicious

Attachment 22685

There is no information on who is the perfumer yet. May be it is just some guys mixing notes in their lab.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfume event in Bangkok on 11 January at Thavibu Gallery in Silom, 3-8 pm. (google location). All BNs are warmly welcome.

Press release:

One may look upon perfumery as an art form; using words as 'composition', 'notes', 'multi-layered' 'original', and a host of other expressions related to other art forms. There is also an artist or a creator who blends the perfumes and a curator who oversees the process.

Thavibu Gallery has teamed up with PerfumersWorld to organise a one day exhibition event of perfumes in Bangkok. The event will include a demonstration how essential oils are produced and an opportunity to smell them, such as patchouli, vetiver, oakmoss, labdanum etc.. The demonstration will also feature how perfumes are blended.

Important haute-couture perfumes will be on display and available for visitors to smell – and for you to try to identify individual notes. There will also be an explanation about different families of perfumes and a discussion related to classical vs. contemporary and male vs. female perfumes.

The exhibition will feature a section on how to make your own perfume with the opportunity to try it out in practice – your very own Bespoke Perfume.

Amour 4 psyche – is a perfume inspired by the book and movie Perfume, Amoore & Psyche was the first perfume created by novice Jean Baptiste Grenoiulle on his first meeting of the Master Perfumer Monsieur Baldini. The notes that the perfume was built from will be displayed. 25 bottles of the limited edition perfume Amour 4 psyche especially created for this event will be available for sale to guests.
    * Current Favourites *

Post Thanks / Like

Perfume event in Bangkok on 11 January at Thavibu Gallery in Silom, 3-8 pm. (google location). All BNs are warmly welcome.

Press release:

One may look upon perfumery as an art form; using words as 'composition', 'notes', 'multi-layered' 'original', and a host of other expressions related to other art forms. There is also an artist or a creator who blends the perfumes and a curator who oversees the process.

Thavibu Gallery has teamed up with PerfumersWorld to organise a one day exhibition event of perfumes in Bangkok. The event will include a demonstration how essential oils are produced and an opportunity to smell them, such as patchouli, vetiver, oakmoss, labdanum etc.. The demonstration will also feature how perfumes are blended.

Important haute-couture perfumes will be on display and available for visitors to smell – and for you to try to identify individual notes. There will also be an explanation about different families of perfumes and a discussion related to classical vs. contemporary and male vs. female perfumes.

The exhibition will feature a section on how to make your own perfume with the opportunity to try it out in practice – your very own Bespoke Perfume.

Amour 4 psyche – is a perfume inspired by the book and movie Perfume, Amoore & Psyche was the first perfume created by novice Jean Baptiste Grenoiulle on his first meeting of the Master Perfumer Monsieur Baldini. The notes that the perfume was built from will be displayed. 25 bottles of the limited edition perfume Amour 4 psyche especially created for this event will be available for sale to guests.

Sound Fantastic. Count me in !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Press release:

Congrats, Farang. That sounds fantastic.

I would love to visit the exhibition if I do not need to station at the city hall due to the current situation here.

By the way, this is the map.

Suite 308/3rd floor, The Silom Galleria Building, 919/1, Silom Rd., Si Lom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500 Thailand

http://www.bangkokpost.com/lifestyle...u-gallery.html
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 8th December 2013 at 11:50 PM.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Go Go

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Farang. That sounds fantastic.

I would love to visit the exhibition if I do not need to station at the city hall due to the current situation here.

By the way, this is the map.

Suite 308/3rd floor, The Silom Galleria Building, 919/1, Silom Rd., Si Lom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500 Thailand

http://www.bangkokpost.com/lifestyle...u-gallery.html
    Thank you all - you are welcome.
    The updated address is suite 433 (4th floor) in the Silom Galleria Building/Jewlery Trade Centre, next to Holiday Inn Silom.
    * Current Favourites *

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you all - you are welcome.
    The updated address is suite 433 (4th floor) in the Silom Galleria Building/Jewlery Trade Centre, next to Holiday Inn Silom.
    I just told perfume lovers in Thailand about your 'Art of Perfume' Exhibition.

http://pantip.com/topic/31358015

Is there fee to attend the event ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tom Ford Beauty is coming to Siam Paragon, Bangkok in February 2014.

According to http://pantip.com/topic/31398680

No information on Tom Ford Perfume & Private Blend yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Amouage now available at Siam Paragon in Bangkok.

image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

What's the deal with these popup stores that only offer fragrances for a couple of months? Seems odd to me. Are they just testing the market?

I'm going to be in BKK in February. I plan on checking out what's available, including Fragrance du Bois. BTW, has anyone tried any of their offerings?

They were nice enough to offer me a free sample after I complained that their shop was unstaffed when I last visited BKK. Looking forward to seeing if they have different ideas about using oud compared with the Arabian houses.

BTW, what is the difference between the Maison du Bois on Rajadamri Road and the Atelier du Bois in the Intercontinental Shops?
    Last edited by noggs; 19th December 2013 at 06:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What's the deal with these popup stores that only offer fragrances for a couple of months? Seems odd to me. Are they just testing the market?

I'm going to be in BKK in February. I plan on checking out what's available, including Fragrance du Bois. BTW, has anyone tried any of their offerings?

They were nice enough to offer me a free sample after I complained that their shop was unstaffed when I last visited BKK. Looking forward to seeing if they have different ideas about using oud compared with the Arabian houses.

BTW, what is the difference between the Maison du Bois on Rajadamri Road and the Atelier du Bois in the Intercontinental Shops?

MdB is the showroom of their Bangkok Office, I believe.

AdB is a boutique in the shopping arcade.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I have been Siam Paragon and tried Amouage but scent is Soso may be its waterd down because the price is 210usd and our tax is very high!try before u buy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1111ff View Post
    Today I have been Siam Paragon and tried Amouage but scent is Soso may be its waterd down because the price is 210usd and our tax is very high!try before u buy
    Which ones did you try ?

If that's true. Our nightmare came true, Amouage has been dragged to hell now.

Skinned them and burn the witches of Amouage
    ^
    ^
    ^
    That is sarcasm.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 21st December 2013 at 02:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand... what's the rumor of Amouage being watered down? Is it across the board, to all fragrances?

Hi cytherian,

I think that the online conclusion is that the 'watered down" comment was an ironic joke via Twitter which was taken as fact, based on the person that said it.

The ones that I waft, Jubilation XXV, Memoir Man, Interlude Fate Man are all as strong as I like. That leaves many others that I cannot comment on as I do not own them.

If the words in my first sentence are incorrect then I am sure there will be a relatively fast response if others have had a different experience or have come to another conclusion based on fact rather than comedic tweets. Let see what happens...

- - - Updated - - -

I think I will wait for you Mr Wit check what 1111ff is saying by visiting the store. Very hard to believe that one market would have watered down scents. You, Mr Wit are in a position to judge as you already have others from over the seas. It would be great to hear the the prices have been watered down! and that the scents are as we expect them to be. Or do you think that as some people assume that Asian people prefer lighter fragrances then what 1111f is true? Surely though the shop expects both overseas and local clients.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried JXXV for men 2 years ago I own it from It really good and long lasting But yesterday I tried at Amouage counter and It different I not sure maybe about batch version but it really light and no good,not my cup of tea

- - - Updated - - -

Its My ImO but you know thailand cosmetic duty is very high for example Penhaligon around 200+$ Santa maria novella 190$ and why amouage can be this price 210$? Because lucky scent price is 290$ other online shop around 230-240$ and Malaysia around 300$

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is possible that those testers are shipped and kept in bad condition until they are damaged.

By the way, Dia Man and Jubilation XXV look so much alike. That SA might handed you the wrong tester.

I am going to visit farang's exhibition on January so the BN members of Thailand should go to Amouage Bangkok Counter to try those testers and prove if 'the watered down' happened or not.

Ps. I just sent a message to Amouage about this 'watered down for Bangkok Market rumor' on this thread so they might come to explain us what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Reporting from the scene at Siam Paragon where that member said 'he tried Jub XXV & it smelled watered down", there is no Jub XXV tester, it is Dia Man tester, besides there is no Jub XXV box here.

But it is really cheaper here.

According to the SA, some tester are not arrived yet.

The pop up store might open until February.

-now drinking tea at Harrods Tea Room-

Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 21st December 2013 at 01:10 PM.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am So sorry its my mistake because it really look like same bottle
    Sorry again I will be your customer Amouage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan88888888 View Post
    Hi cytherian,

I think that the online conclusion is that the 'watered down" comment was an ironic joke via Twitter which was taken as fact, based on the person that said it.

The ones that I waft, Jubilation XXV, Memoir Man, Interlude Fate Man are all as strong as I like. That leaves many others that I cannot comment on as I do not own them.

If the words in my first sentence are incorrect then I am sure there will be a relatively fast response if others have had a different experience or have come to another conclusion based on fact rather than comedic tweets. Let see what happens...
    Thanks, Jordan. I have a sample I got from AdV and I'll definitely do a comparison to the bottle I'm getting next week. I can't imagine my sample is watered down. It smells strong to me. So comparing it to my incoming bottle should clear up any concerns.

Post Thanks / Like

For the Art of Perfume exhibition on 11th January, please bring along some of your special/unique/interesting perfumes so we can share and smell and learn about perfumes we don't know.
    * Current Favourites *

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For the Art of Perfume exhibition on 11th January, please bring along some of your special/unique/interesting perfumes so we can share and smell and learn about perfumes we don't know.
    Is there a dress code for attending your exhibition ? Smart casual or Suit&Tie ?

I am going to go to coworker's wedding in the morning, then come to your gallery.

By the way, I am going to bring samples of niche scents to your gallery: Trayee by Neela Vermeir Creations, my favorite from last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 4th January 2014 at 12:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I received my bottle of Epic Man. Smells fantastic. I'm definitely going to fully explore this brand.

Hi Noggs,
    we only want our customers to be happy. We understand how frustrating it must be to find the shop isn't open from a customer's point of view, being customers ourselves!
    L'Atelier du Bois at Hotel Intercontinental is our \retail store where you can try and buy the fragrances, the other is our office!